Release: President Forever 2016 v. 1.3.7 Test Release 5

President Forever 2016 v. 1.3.7 Test Release 5 has been released. This completes the candidate editing tool’s functionality, except for deleting leaders and setting leaders’ political_points_cost values.

This is a Test Release, not an official release. You can download a Test Release by requesting a re-download e-mail at the link below. When you receive the e-mail, you will have both a President Forever 2016 link and a President Forever 2016 Test Release link. You will want to download the file from the Test Release link.Note: if you are a President Forever 2012 owner, you are eligible for this upgrade.To update:

9 Responses to Release: President Forever 2016 v. 1.3.7 Test Release 5

1. Stephen March 17, 2013 at 1:19 am #

I’m having the same file not found problem on test version 5 as Kevin had on test release 4, and I noticed a few things that might help find a solution:
    1. The file not found error references a path to a scenario folder inside c:\Documents and Settings.
    2. Putting the image into that folder before selecting it from there prevents the error, but selecting it from somewhere else (the desktop in my case) without putting it in the folder gave the error. If I select it from the desktop after I put the file in the folder, it asks me if I want to overwrite the file then doesn’t give an error.
    3. Running as administrator didn’t help (on Windows XP).

I also noticed a couple of other things about the editor that don’t seem right:

For example, if a candidate is set to right on abortion (the first alphabetically) and I go to government spending (or any other issue), government spending is shown as right, whether or not it should be. If I then set government spending to left and go back to abortion, abortion becomes left, which sticks in the game.

Other than those two things, the editor works well.

2. Jonathan March 17, 2013 at 8:46 am #

I’m kinda confused over what “Universal Shift” is. Could you clarify? Great update!

3. kevin March 17, 2013 at 2:25 pm #

will we be able to create new VP’s in the editor as well when it is finished?

4. anthony_270admin March 18, 2013 at 2:34 pm #

@Stephen,

Thanks for this feedback.

“There aren’t any percentages shown (they’re all 0) for the Democratic candidates in 2016 or 2012 except for the general election bonus and universal shift.”

Fixed, will be included in the next release.

“Positions never change from what the previous issue was when I scroll through them in the editor, even if they should be different.”

Also fixed, will be included in the next release.

5. anthony_270admin March 18, 2013 at 2:35 pm #

Universal Shift is a way to shift the total numbers for a candidate in the primaries. For example, a value of “20” would increase all the total percentages for that candidate by 20% more than they are set to. If they are set to 10%, they would become 12% in the primaries when a game is started.

6. anthony_270admin March 18, 2013 at 2:39 pm #

@Kevin,

Yes, VPs will be able to be created.

You can also create new VPs now because any new leader will also automatically be available to add to a leader’s list as a VP pick.

7. anthony_270admin March 18, 2013 at 2:40 pm #

^ So, create a new leader, set to off by default. Then, go to another leader, go to the VPs section, select the newly added leader from the list on the right, click ‘Add’.

8. kevin March 18, 2013 at 6:25 pm #

still having issues with the pictures

9. Jonathan March 19, 2013 at 2:20 pm #

Here’s an idea. I’m not sure if this is easily doable. What about making different kinds of scandals instead of just a general scandal?