Release: President Forever 2016 v. 1.3.9 Test Release 4

This is a Test Release, not an official release. You can download a Test Release by requesting a re-download e-mail at the link below. When you receive the e-mail, you will have both a President Forever 2016 link and a President Forever 2016 Test Release link. You will want to download the file from the Test Release link.

Note: if you are a President Forever 2012 owner, you are eligible for this upgrade.

9 Responses to Release: President Forever 2016 v. 1.3.9 Test Release 4

1. Jake May 18, 2013 at 1:50 pm #

I don’t have the test release, so I wonder who initially gets the south now. I now think Paul should get Kentucky, maybe a few southern states around it, a few states in the west, and get strong showings in states like Iowa and New Hampshire, Santorum should have Pennsylvania and a few midwestern and southern states, Rubio gets Florida, and Jindal gets most of the remaining states although I suppose McDonnell can get his home state of Virginia.
    In the next release, consider adding Alan Grayson, Ben Carson, and Allen West.
    When going over the 2012 version, add Cain, Pawlenty, Stein, Palin, and Trump.
    Maybe add certain progressive groups and the Tea Party as endorsements?
    You might could add American Crossroads, although they’ll only endorse Republican candidates with enough establishment bonafides. It’s complicated: while the endorsement of Crossroads or the DLC on the Democrats’ side would help fundraising, it could be a negative endorsement with the activist grassroots in some states.
    Per Rove, Crossroads would probably gravitate towards Jeb Bush if he’s viable enough at the time they make an endorsement. The DLC would probably lean towards Kaine or Warner, whichever has higher numbers.

2. Andres May 20, 2013 at 5:32 pm #

@Jake we should stop wasting time suggesting candidates that will never be president.

3. Dallas May 20, 2013 at 9:41 pm #

@Andres: if we did not suggest candidates, then the game will only have 1 contender on each side that would be President. I think the best part of the game is options. I love playing as Sarah Palin and Susana Martinez. Will they ever be President? I do not know. My point is, the more options, the better. and I am hoping Nikki Haley will be added and Michele Bachmann upgraded. 2016 will be a very competitive election. There will be many choices. Why not include many options?

4. Dallas May 20, 2013 at 9:45 pm #

@Andres in my view, President Forever 2016’s goal is to make the most realistic simulation game of its kind. If the candidates that would not be President were not added or removed, then I think those that play will leave the game. We do not want that. P4E16 is the best game of its kind in the market and I see it doing very well in the future.

5. anthony_270admin May 21, 2013 at 2:23 pm #

@Andres, “I think the bigger issue right now is the Scenario Editor. The adm should create a scenario-edit similar to the one about P4E 08, in that way WE can create whatever candidates and new scenarios with new maps.”

We’ll be doing both – expanding the scenario editor, and expanding candidates-parties-scenarios.

6. Dallas May 21, 2013 at 9:41 pm #

@Anthony, you mentioned plans of implementing third parties. Will there be more that one third party? and If so, what parties will you be adding? I highly recommend the Green and Libertarian Parties as the first third parties.

7. NVGonzalez May 22, 2013 at 12:11 am #

Scenario editors like me would love to be able to use decimals in percentages to make scenarios more realistic 🙂

8. anthony_270admin May 22, 2013 at 11:37 pm #

@Dallas,

“Will there be more that one third party? and If so, what parties will you be adding? I highly recommend the Green and Libertarian Parties as the first third parties.”

Yes, there will probably be more than just one third party. Green and Libertarian are probably the first two that would be added.

9. anthony_270admin May 22, 2013 at 11:38 pm #

@NVGonzalez,

Right now, that’s not at the top of the list, but feedback noted.