Release: President Forever 2016 v. 1.4.1 Test Release 2

This is a Test Release, not an official release. You can download a Test Release by requesting a re-download e-mail at the link below. When you receive the e-mail, you will have both a President Forever 2016 link and a President Forever 2016 Test Release link. You will want to download the file from the Test Release link.

Note: if you are a President Forever 2012 owner, you are eligible for this upgrade.

9 Responses to Release: President Forever 2016 v. 1.4.1 Test Release 2

1. Jonathan June 15, 2013 at 5:41 pm #

Thanks for the update.

Could you clarify what “inherit” means in the region area? What happens if I change it from “inherit”?

2. SANC June 15, 2013 at 8:51 pm #

I think it just means it’s the same profile and issue centre in every single state (they all of course want better leadership and feel the same way about corruption apparently, I would have thought say blue states would feel the Republicans were more corrupt but anyway).

3. anthony_270admin June 16, 2013 at 12:21 am #

‘Inherit’ just means that the region inherits the value from the national region. This doesn’t apply to the national region – if you try to set an issue profile for the national region to ‘Inherit’ it will default to ‘Low’.

4. Jonathan June 16, 2013 at 7:58 am #

I just finished a game in which the last primary state, Nebraska, was concluded. Rubio (1105) and Christie (1089) finished nearly tied. Neither had a majority (1144), because Bush kept 56, Ryan kept 10, Paul 9, and Huntsman 17. Yet, the paper still announced that Rubio locked up nomination. And then Christie withdrew even though he could have won the other delegates at the convention. Momentum was on his side. He also won the last three states in a row. I’d like to see a deadlocked convention. Is there a way you could fix this?

5. Jonathan June 16, 2013 at 10:34 am #

Also the game is crashing for me on September 5th for some reason.

6. SANC June 16, 2013 at 1:33 pm #

On a scenario I’m working on I changed the poll closing times a lot and things were working fine but then on election night I got this error message saying “invalid time to encode” or something like that. Earliest time is 1 PM and latest is 12 AM with poll closings in 2 states every hour except for 3 states each at 1 PM, 2 PM and 12 AM.

7. anthony_270admin June 17, 2013 at 5:29 pm #

@SANC,

The best way for me to figure out what is happening is for you to compress (zip) the scenario folder and send it to me.

8. anthony_270admin June 17, 2013 at 5:30 pm #

@Jonathan re: game crashing on Sep. 5th,

If you have a save game where you can consistently recreate this error, you can zip up the relevant save file + associated save files (one for each candidate), and send them to me. I can then use the diagnostic tools here to figure out why that is happening.

9. anthony_270admin June 28, 2013 at 1:51 pm #

@Jonathan re: delegates and convention,

I will be looking carefully at the nomination system, as it seems there are a couple things that aren’t working quite right. It’s on the top of the to-do list.