Release: President Forever 2016 v. 1.4.1 Test Release 4

President Forever 2016 v. 1.4.1 Test Release 4 has been released. This adds the Libertarian party and two candidates, Gov. Gary Johnson and Gov. Jesse Ventura, adds the ability to add new parties to the Editor, fixes a bug that caused an error if a computer player chose a vice-leader after their convention, and fixes the Northern Mariana Islands surrogate name.

This is a Test Release, not an official release. You can download a Test Release by requesting a re-download e-mail at the link below. When you receive the e-mail, you will have both a President Forever 2016 link and a President Forever 2016 Test Release link. You will want to download the file from the Test Release link.

Note: if you are a President Forever 2012 owner, you are eligible for this upgrade.

33 Responses to Release: President Forever 2016 v. 1.4.1 Test Release 4

1. Crg June 22, 2013 at 2:59 pm #

Still waiting for the new features to be added. I consider the last major feature to be added was the primary counter below the map and that was over a year ago.

2. Crg June 22, 2013 at 3:03 pm #

Yes, I do realize you are working on the editor. I mean in gaming features. To modders, the editor isn’t anything special.

3. anthony_270admin June 22, 2013 at 3:43 pm #

@Crg,

Thanks for this feedback. Game engine features will be added going forward, but you’re certainly correct that for the last while adding to the Editor and expanding the 2016 scenario have taken front-seat to that. This will probably start to shift, especially as the Editor gets closer to completion. I consider the last major game engine feature to be added to be regional issue profiles, in v. 1.4.1 TR 2.

4. lucas June 22, 2013 at 4:17 pm #

As youre adding alan grayson, you may want to add howard dean. Mr. Dean just told cnn he may run in 2016.

5. Crg June 22, 2013 at 5:00 pm #

I feel as though for the past 2 years the same suggestions have been said as what to include as features, yet none of them ever get implemented. I’m not going to give a laundry list, just check the forum under features.

I understand that the editor needs to be completed. But I think the majority of gamers want to see new features added. I’m not going to hold my breath though since I’ve essentially been waiting years to see the popular vote option added which isn’t that complicated.

6. SANC June 22, 2013 at 5:55 pm #

As far as I’m concerned there’s not much left to be done. Adding a way of adjusting the economy to the editor, that voter group idea that was so posted about before and a flexible federal block grant boost (in a game recently had I refused the grant I would have had 100 million instead of 77 million and that’s certainly more than 10%).

7. SANC June 22, 2013 at 5:56 pm #

More than 10% of a difference I mean.

8. anthony_270admin June 22, 2013 at 7:52 pm #

@Crg,

Again, thank you for this feedback, and for your patience on this. From my perspective, it’s been non-stop adding content and features (understood broadly), but I understand your concerns. I can say that new features are planned, and this is basically around the time when development is switching gears back to the game engine. For the popular vote option, I’ve added an asterisk to it on the to-do list.

9. anthony_270admin June 22, 2013 at 7:56 pm #

@SANC,

What do you mean by a flexible federal block grant boost?

10. anthony_270admin June 22, 2013 at 7:58 pm #

@Lucas,

Thanks – noted.

11. SANC June 22, 2013 at 8:23 pm #

What I mean by flexible is the highscore boost for how much of a difference there would be if I accepted it in the particular game I was in. Like if I got through the primaries and would have 100 million if I refused the grant and 84 million if I accepted then the score boost for accepting the grant would be 19.

12. Dallas June 22, 2013 at 10:23 pm #

Which party is planned next to be implemented to the 2016 Scenario? Researching on potential 2016 third-party candidates, I found Roseanne Barr of the Peace and Freedom Party, Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party, and Cynthia McKinley of the Green Party.

13. Jonathan June 23, 2013 at 8:17 am #

The game freezes whenever I try to add a new political party. I get the “not responding” message with the option to wait, exit out, or identify the problem.

14. Jake June 23, 2013 at 2:15 pm #

I didn’t see Baldwin or McKinney there. They were the 2008 candidates.

15. Jonathan June 23, 2013 at 5:01 pm #

I notice that I can create a party based off of the Republican Party, but not the other parties.

16. Andres June 23, 2013 at 8:42 pm #

I was playing as a candidate I created, on turn 327 the game crashed just before I was going to be endorsed by several endorses in North Carolina.

This is not the first time, the game crashes constantly as a player-created candidate.

17. Steven June 23, 2013 at 11:38 pm #

Is there a way to change which party has a majority in congress, for situations when no party has 270 electoral votes in the general election?

18. SANC June 24, 2013 at 12:19 am #

Not at the moment.

19. Jonathan June 24, 2013 at 11:51 am #

I’d like to allow for a the chance when there isn’t a clear majority in Congress, and the winner will be more of a toss up.

20. anthony_270admin June 24, 2013 at 12:32 pm #

@Jonathan re: freezing when add party,

Thank you for this – fixed in the latest internal.

21. anthony_270admin June 24, 2013 at 3:32 pm #

@Dallas,

Probably the Green Party, as it got the next highest number of votes in the last federal election.

22. anthony_270admin June 24, 2013 at 3:33 pm #

@Steven,

This should be added for the next update.

23. anthony_270admin June 24, 2013 at 3:33 pm #

@Andres,

If you have a save game which can reliably create an error, please e-mail the save game files to us in compressed format, and I can figure out what is causing it.

24. Dallas June 24, 2013 at 5:33 pm #

For possible Green Party candidates, Jill Stein, Cynthia McKinney, and Roseanne Barr would be great to add.
    Towards the end of this interview, she said “As a party and an opposition voice, we are just getting started. It doesn’t end in 2016. I’m in this for the long haul and as 2016 comes closer, we’ll see. I haven’t ruled it out”. http://clclt.com/charlotte/doctors-orders-an-interview-with-dr-jill-stein/Content?oid=3060268 (Jill Stein)

For Roseanne Barr, she could run for The Green Party Ticket or the Peace and Freedom Party ticket, but it may be easier to add her on the Green Party side. http://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/shows/roseanne-returning-stand-stage

I have also read several other websites that showed Cynthia is a potential Green Party candidate.

25. SANC June 25, 2013 at 12:52 am #

The incumbent won’t change. Even if I save it just goes back to who the incumbent party originally was.

26. SANC June 25, 2013 at 12:53 am #

Ditto for the governor’s party.

27. anthony_270admin June 25, 2013 at 2:47 am #

@SANC,

Thanks for this report – fixed in the latest internal.

28. Jonathan June 25, 2013 at 8:19 am #

Please make it possible for no majority in Congress, or slight majority in congress, this would leave the election open to chance.

29. Jonathan June 25, 2013 at 11:34 am #

How about Michael Bloomberg as an endorser? He’d help out in NY.

30. Jonathan June 25, 2013 at 1:17 pm #

Oh, and we need to be able to set the debate dates with the new parties

31. JMP June 25, 2013 at 7:38 pm #

There seems to be a bug where after the primary debates are over, you can no longer change who you focus on in debate prep. Is this just me, or have others noticed this as well?

32. SANC June 25, 2013 at 8:29 pm #

We have. It’s going to be fixed in the next release (which will probably be out this Friday or thereabouts).

33. anthony_270admin June 26, 2013 at 2:34 am #

@JMP,

Thanks for this – I have changed it so if the next debate is a general election debate, the player can now set who the focus is on to any leader who is still in the game from another party. This will be included in the next release – if it doesn’t resolve the issue you are referring to, please let me know.