Release: President Forever 2016 v. 1.4.1 Test Release 5

This is a Test Release, not an official release. You can download a Test Release by requesting a re-download e-mail at the link below. When you receive the e-mail, you will have both a President Forever 2016 link and a President Forever 2016 Test Release link. You will want to download the file from the Test Release link.

Note: if you are a President Forever 2012 owner, you are eligible for this upgrade.

14 Responses to Release: President Forever 2016 v. 1.4.1 Test Release 5

1. Dallas June 27, 2013 at 11:33 am #

When more third parties are added and able to debate, could you make it to where a third party candidate would have to earn at least 10%-15% to get into the national debates?

2. Josh June 27, 2013 at 11:39 am #

Dallas – I think that’s already how it is (though I haven’t played that far yet). The debate editor allows one to set the required percentage to get into national debates, so I’m assuming the game defaults between ten and fifteen percent in the 2016 scenario.

3. anthony_270admin June 27, 2013 at 2:22 pm #

@Dallas,

You can now set national debate percentages in the editor. Currently, in 2016 the threshold is (as Josh said) I believe 15%.

4. Dallas June 27, 2013 at 10:09 pm #

When can we expect to see the Green Party or another third party added?

5. anthony_270admin June 27, 2013 at 11:04 pm #

Green Party is the next one on the list – I am guessing within the next several weeks.

6. Kafka June 28, 2013 at 11:05 am #

I think during primaries, even after computer candidates drop out from the race, they should be open for an endorsement. Also, if the computer candidates were about to choose to drop out, they should be able to offer endorsement for other players as well as just withdrawal. Were this is already realized feature in the game, I think the likelihood should be increased.

Also, when that favorability feature to be added to the game? You mentioned it and there’s no any news for this feature. I appreciate your efforts on expanding the editor but I expect you would add some new feature to game as well. I play the game less than five time and it’s already starting to get bored. Doesn’t mean game is bad, game’s great. I can see the real, real improve since beta. But I wish there would be some new features.

Plus, I assume there’s a bug related to the endorsement editor. Even if I set the starting scores for endorsers, those set staring points are not really reflected in the game. For example, I created Kirsten Gillibrand as a new leader for dems, and made Bill Clinton ‘likely’ to endorse her: but during the gameplay, Clinton did not gave the senator higher starting points compared to other players. Tried to other candidates as well and they all turn out that this endorser starting points settings are just not working.

Speaking of endorsers, can you change how endorsers are displayed in the game screen? Category that sort out endorsers would be great, such as senators, governors, medias and orgs. I really love the game and think the improvement on the editor is superb, but I believe this game could be even greater than now.
    Many thanks. 🙂

7. Dallas June 28, 2013 at 1:01 pm #

I have thought about this.. and I am curious, is their a chance for this product to make its way to Wal-Mart, GameStop, etc. when it Is completed? and perhaps change the update process? Maybe make it where anyone who buys/bought the product would have to make an account on the website to update, which would also cover the forums and blog? I would love to see this product at Wal-Mart as well as GameStops in the U.S and across the word. I see high potential for this product, the reasons for this is 1. the best political simulator on the market, 2. amazing options and gameplay, and 3. a game worth the money.

8. Dallas June 28, 2013 at 8:54 pm #

I am having many problems with the candidate editor.
    Error Report: attempted to add Roseanne Barr to my recently created Green Party on the 2012 scenario (note: Jill Stein is the first candidate). I am getting an error that says ” access violation at module number…. when I try to change the percentages of both of these candidates. Am I missing something? and Am I the only one that is experiencing this problem? Right now, I have to deal with both Jill and Roseanne starting with 0% in the primaries and 0% nationally.

9. Dallas June 29, 2013 at 1:04 am #

Update on my error report: I re-created the Green Party, adding Jill Stein and Roseanne Barr to the 2012 scenario, and I cannot play it. A error like “access violation at module ….” pops up, preventing my to try it.

10. rz June 29, 2013 at 5:32 pm #

For Activity, can we add a button to “Visit State Headquarters”. I know that may be the same thing as Barnstorming, but I think it add something that isn’t quite there.

You can only have a HQ if you have organizational strength. Energizes the troops and bring momentum in the state.

The city could just be the capital or the few you have under the state, for California, “Clinton visits Sacramento HQ” , for Texas, “Christie energizes troops in Houston”.

11. anthony_270admin July 2, 2013 at 3:37 pm #

@Dallas,

If you have a scenario you have created where you are getting an error, please send a compressed (zipped) version of the scenario to us ( http://270soft.com/contact ).

I can then look at it and see what is causing the problem.

12. Dallas July 2, 2013 at 4:22 pm #

I deleted the scenario I had problems with and instead (on the 2012 scenario) I added the Independents and Ron Paul as their candidate. So far, I am having no problems.

13. kevin July 2, 2013 at 7:18 pm #

This is unrelated to PFE. I was wondering if y’all are going to do the 2014 vercion of Congressional races?

14. anthony_270admin July 15, 2013 at 4:22 pm #

@Kevin,

No decision on Congress 2014 at this point – focusing on PM4E Aus 2013 then P4E16.