Kickstarter President Forever 2016 for Mac rewards for backers

With a Kickstarter campaign, there are rewards for different levels of backers. Here’s a question: for the President Forever 2016 for Mac Kickstarter campaign, what sort of rewards would make you a backer? What sorts of rewards do you think would increase the chance of the campaign succeeding?

The main one we already have is a digital downloadable copy of game for Mac OS X, at a discount for backers of the Kickstarter project.

Are there other sorts of rewards (things we could create here at 270soft or modify in the game) that you think would be a good reward for various levels of backers?

13 Responses to Kickstarter President Forever 2016 for Mac rewards for backers

1. Guillaume October 4, 2013 at 1:06 pm #

hi,

i’ve been an avid fan of your political simulators, but those of earlier years, up to 2006. I much prefered the simplified turn-based versions instead of the live game clock, which forces you to act quickly. I would prefer going back to earlier iterations of the game, being disappointed with the 2008 version

2. anthony_270admin October 4, 2013 at 1:10 pm #

Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for the feedback! I agree – I prefer not to have timed turns, and in P4E16 timed turns are off by default, and players can have as much time as they like for a given turn.

3. William October 4, 2013 at 1:32 pm #

Hi Anthony,

As you know I’ve always been a fan of P4E and since I’ve been on a Mac for a few years now I am very excited to hear of this plan! I think the only time I dust off my Windows laptop is to play P4E.

I’ve worked on a few successful Kickstarter campaigns and I would recommend more than offering a discounted rate for digital download, price a tier high enough and just give people the game at that point.

I would also recommend things such as posters or t-shirts. The gameplay interface is so well known by fans, I’m sure they’d back projects if it meant getting something tangible.

You can also offer a special thanks section that would go in the About This Version tab in the game itself. People who support the project at various levels could be featured in different tiers of the special thanks.

Hope this helps and can’t wait to see the project!

4. Chris October 4, 2013 at 1:41 pm #

Aside from the copy discount, maybe for 50-75 have a person be a hidden character with maxed out stats, 100 could be a producer credit or something like that.

5. anthony_270admin October 4, 2013 at 1:42 pm #

Thanks William and Chris for the feedback – noted!

6. Lucas October 4, 2013 at 5:49 pm #

I like the idea of having hidden characters released for those that contribute a certain amount.
    Reminds me of the old NBA Jam video game where you could play as mascots, etc.
    I wouldn’t have maxed out stats thought. Make real characters.
    Ideas for characters:
    Chelsea Clinton
    Donald Trump
    John Boenher
    Harry Reid
    Nancy Pelosi
    Michael Bloomberg
    (The walking corpse of) Dick Cheney

7. anthony_270admin October 5, 2013 at 7:16 am #

@Lucas,

Hmm, that’s an interesting idea … I’ll think about how it might work.

8. anthony_270admin October 5, 2013 at 8:22 am #

One idea I’ve had is a ‘Steering Council’ level for backers. Every Steering Council level backer has a vote on which feature 270soft will implement next for P4E16, with say one vote every month from a selection of features 270soft presents. The feature with the most votes is the feature implemented next. What do you guys think?

9. Dallas October 5, 2013 at 3:38 pm #

@Anthony I think that would be a great feature!

10. Leopold October 6, 2013 at 6:25 am #

I’d like access to some additional content allowing historical elections to be played with reasonable historical accuracy – and not just going back to 2000… I’m sure everyone would have a different list of which elections would also make an interesting game but I am sure most would agree 1860 and 1912 would be there for the 3/4 way race, to which 1876, 1884, 1896, 1916, 1924, 1948, 1960, 1968, 1976, 1980, 1992 and 2000 would all have an interesting game [as opposed to real political] dynamics to them. I know that you have user designed scenarios but that is not the same as a properly constructed game scenario written by the game developers. I’d happily pay $50 to have this…

11. CJ October 6, 2013 at 9:34 am #

I think the steering council idea is terrific, I’d definitely prefer that over a tangible item.

12. Martin Unger October 7, 2013 at 1:00 am #

Definitely would like to see more of the older elections, perhaps even trying out alternate history? Basically seeing Presidential candidates who lost having to run for re-election as winners. Just a thought…

13. anthony_270admin October 7, 2013 at 8:49 am #

@Leopold,

Thank you for the feedback – we’ll be slowly expanding official campaigns for P4E16, starting with 2008. The exact order and when the campaigns will be completed I can’t say for now.

I can say that, the more interest in the game, the easier it will be to add additional scenarios. It’s also possible that, if the target goal for the Kickstarter campaign is reached, we can set stretch goals that include additional features, including possibly getting certain historical campaigns done by a certain date.

Thanks again.