Release: President Forever 2016 v. 1.6.0

President Forever 2016 v. 1.6.0 has been released! This fixes a couple of bugs to do with primaries seats and conventions, makes issue positions matter more for endorsers, adds 5 new endorsers to 2016 (including Sarah Palin, George Soros, and Mitt Romney), makes a large number of minor modifications to the 2016, 2012, and 2008 campaigns, adds a few more minor features to the Campaign Editor, and removes the ‘Governors’ section seen when in the Electoral Vote Info Screen.

This version also fixes a save load bug that in some cases caused save files to become very large, eventually causing an error. Note: you will not be able to load games saved in a previous version.

Note: the 2008 campaign is a Beta, and will continue to be fine-tuned. Feedback welcome!

Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter!

18 Responses to Release: President Forever 2016 v. 1.6.0

1. Dallas December 13, 2013 at 8:14 am #

I am having issues updating to this version. On Firefox and Internet Explorer, when I click the link to kick the file, it does nothing then says “connection timed out” on Firefox and “page cannot be displayed” on IE.

2. anthony_270admin December 13, 2013 at 1:23 pm #

It seems like there is a problem with the download host – I recommend giving it several hours before trying again.

3. Tayya December 13, 2013 at 3:13 pm #

Hmm, you might be getting to 2.0 a bit too soon…

4. anthony_270admin December 13, 2013 at 3:41 pm #

You’re right. 🙂

5. Dallas December 14, 2013 at 9:25 am #

When I was playing my custom scenario using this version, a “List index out of bounds (0)” error poped up on Friday, December 9th, 2011. I clicked okay then a box appeared with white in it…no text. I click ok once more then it brought me back to the previous error. How could this be fixed?

6. Dallas December 14, 2013 at 9:29 am #

Update: after I clicked ok on the box (the second time it popped up) it showed the debate results. It seems to play fine for now, but this error…

7. Jonathan December 15, 2013 at 2:20 pm #

@Anthony

Please get the convention fixing soon, so the delegates are released and re-allocated. I’m making a 1788 election, as I have all the primaries on convention day, and the delegates still don’t shift over, everything still says 0.

8. Jonathan December 15, 2013 at 2:22 pm #

If you’re curious, I have Washington as his own party. As the President Party. The 2nd party is the Vice-President Party, which is the real campaigning part of the scenario. I got every Vice-Presidential option, including some that didn’t receive votes but could have been voted on, including Ben Franklin and Th. Jefferson.

9. Lucas December 16, 2013 at 2:56 am #

Question: Even though he is against the ACA, Brian Sandoval is fully implementing it in Nevada. Does this put him closer to center, or is he still center right/right on health?

10. Jonathan December 16, 2013 at 1:15 pm #

I think politicians usually act outside of their own platform. In the game, his platform would represent what he’d want to do as president, and not what he has done. At least, that’s what I think.

11. kevin December 16, 2013 at 2:22 pm #

Also I don’t know how you would implement this, but in a poll Ted Cruz was found to be the third most influential politically in the world, behind the pope as #1 and Obama as #2…

12. kevin December 16, 2013 at 2:28 pm #

Here is a link to that poll….

Could this be part of Charisma or leadership maybe touching integrity as well..

13. Will December 16, 2013 at 5:40 pm #

Are there any plans to add a system for calling states like there was in P4E 2008?

14. Jonathan December 16, 2013 at 10:33 pm #

@Anthony
    Is there a minimum amount of issues that are needed? I’m creating a scenario and the game ran fine until I deleted some issues until there were 11 left, and then renamed those. Now the game crashes when I try to process the first turn. Do you know why this might be? Thanks.

15. anthony_270admin December 20, 2013 at 10:50 am #

@Jonathan, the minimum should be 1 (non-attribute) issue. You can send a compressed version of the campaign to me, and I can look at it.

16. anthony_270admin December 20, 2013 at 10:50 am #

@Will re: calling states on election night, yes, that’s on the to-do list.

17. anthony_270admin December 20, 2013 at 10:53 am #

@Lucas re: Sandoval, I think if it’s an issue of following the law, then that doesn’t affect his own position on what he supports if elected President. Having said that, I think it’s a consideration on deciding his issue position.

18. anthony_270admin December 20, 2013 at 11:10 am #

@Dallas re: error in custom campaign,

If you are consistently experiencing this error, you can compress (zip) the campaign and then send it to 270soft ( http://270soft.com/contact ). I can then try to figure out what is causing it.