Our very first Mac for President Forever 2016 Test Release has been released!
Note: this is a Test Release. There are known problems (described below). If you encounter another problem, please let us know and we will add it to the list.
How to install:
If you are a Kickstarter backer with a Mac P4E16 reward, you should have received an e-mail notifying you the Test Release is available. If not, you can contact us. Alternately, you can go here.
You can then go to the web-site, and request a download e-mail.
Download the p4e16.app.dmg file through the link in the download e-mail.
You may get a warning when downloading or installing the game. This is because we are waiting for certification from Apple, which takes a couple weeks.
Run it, which will create a new virtual drive on your desktop.
Open the drive (if it doesn’t automatically open), and move the ‘p4e16’ app file to your Applications folder.
You can then move the dmg file to the trash if desired.
OS X 10.7 Lion or higher.
A few things that haven’t been implemented yet:
- Some of the graphics are still being fine-tuned.
- Mac functionality to close a window instead of quit an application from the main window.
- Sounds are not complete.
- Inline Help system is not complete.
- Help file is not complete.
- Campaign Editor is not activated.
- Images have pixelation on Retina displays.
- DMG file will be made more intuitive for install.
Things fixed or changed for the forthcoming version:
- Can now modify issue positions for all issues, not just the first one
Currently, the Mac version is available only to Kickstarter backers with that reward. We’ll be opening it up once we’ve moved to an official release, including ordering directly from the 270soft site and also from the App Store.
There are bound to be some bumps and hiccups in the roll-out, I’ll do my best to remedy these as I become aware of them.
What you can expect next:
- Continued work with subsequent Test Releases for Mac, addressing the issues above and more.
- For Windows users, a Test Release for Windows fairly soon.
- Implementation of remaining rewards from the Kickstarter campaign, which will be fully implemented for the first official release.
Thanks everyone for your support! I’m excited to move forward with our first cross-platform app!