Introducing President Infinity

President Infinity

President Forever 2016 will become President Infinity for the next version (Amundsen 1.6.5).

What’s important about the change:

All President Forever 2016 owners will also be President Infinity owners.

Why the change:

To better reflect the future and nature of the game, it’s getting a new name.

What to expect:

With the next update (version Amundsen 1.6.5 for Mac and Windows), the game will have a new title.

Existing President Forever 2016 owners will have to typeΒ in a new keycode (which will be provided with the update).

Updates will then continue as before.

Thanks everyone for your support!

41 Responses to Introducing President Infinity

1. Jonathan July 12, 2014 at 6:31 pm #

So a move from an adverb to a noun?

Presidential Election and Presidential Succession could also have worked.

2. SANC July 13, 2014 at 5:00 pm #

So will other games be Chancellor Infinity and Prime Minister Infinity?

3. lordbeckett July 13, 2014 at 8:56 pm #

What is entailed in terms of gameplay with this change?

4. DJ July 14, 2014 at 9:11 am #

when will the next update happen?

5. anthony_270admin July 14, 2014 at 6:44 pm #

Yes, we are moving from an adverb game to a noun game. πŸ˜‰

@SANC,

Maybe.

@LB,

The name change is just a name change at this point. The next update (Mac and Windows) will have mostly cosmetic changes related to the Mac development.

For more info on the game play changes coming, you can see here

under ‘What’s coming up next?’

6. anthony_270admin July 14, 2014 at 6:45 pm #

@DJ,

Work is continuing, but I can’t say when the next update will happen at this point.

7. Elijah July 22, 2014 at 3:04 pm #

It’s July. You said a Mac version for everyone would be done in March, 4 months ago.

8. anthony_270admin July 22, 2014 at 4:34 pm #

@Elijah,

Thank you for the comment. I realize it’s frustrating, but trust me, it’s way more frustrating on this end.

What I said was that the target for release was March. The initial Test Release was released in early June. Work has proceeded on the Mac version, as various problems are fixed.

A second version will be released fairly soon.

9. kevin July 22, 2014 at 6:15 pm #

after this release of Mac version will the next windows update occur?

10. anthony_270admin July 22, 2014 at 6:28 pm #

@Kevin,

Yes, a new Windows Test Release should be after the next Mac Test Release.

11. Kevin July 23, 2014 at 5:34 pm #

I have been thinking lately that I believe that immigration should be one issue and border security should be another, I think that immigration should be how a candidate believes that illegal immigration and legal immigration should be handled. Border security should be how to secure the border. Such as Perry who in 2012 argued with Romney about why we should give illegal immigrants children in state tuition but likes the idea of more manpower on the border to secure it.

12. Jonathan July 23, 2014 at 7:39 pm #

Those could be merged into one issue.

13. Kevin July 23, 2014 at 9:12 pm #

All I am saying is because a candidate has two different opinions of things crammed into one issue you might not place the issue in the correct position stance. Another example of this is Marco Rubio, He authored a bill that included amnesty, that would put his stance as left, but he also wants border security that would put his stance on border security on the right
    Also Israel might be needed to be added to the issue list

14. DwightClark July 23, 2014 at 10:25 pm #

Also, should drug legalization be considered as an issue?

15. Jonathan July 24, 2014 at 8:56 am #

Dwight,

Maybe just marijuana legalization. It’s the only one with any divide in congress. Maybe far-left and far-right stances could mention other drugs.

16. anthony_270admin July 25, 2014 at 2:09 pm #

@Kevin,

Thanks for this suggestion – an official 2016 issues reworking might be a good topic for an upcoming SC vote, if I can figure out a good way to do it. Thanks again.

17. anthony_270admin July 25, 2014 at 2:13 pm #

What I’d really like to do is have issues grouped under larger categories, which would then be capable of sub-categories. For example,

Foreign Policy
    Economic Policy
    Social Policy
    Environmental Policy

or some such thing. Under each of those, would be various issues. That way, endorsers could be specified as this or that way on specific issues or categories of issues, or more generally.

18. anthony_270admin July 25, 2014 at 2:14 pm #

It would also make having more issues more tractable.

19. Jonathan July 25, 2014 at 8:13 pm #

Great idea

20. Brian July 27, 2014 at 2:35 pm #

This is just a suggestion but I would be interested if religion could be part of the game. i got the idea for this when I observed how the religious beliefs of candidates can influence their performance in the polls. (e.g. John Kennedy’s Catholicism and Mitt Romney’s Mormonism.)
    1. The candidates’ religions could include Catholicism, Mainline Protestantism, Evangelical Protestantism, Eastern Orthodoxy, Hinduism , Mormonism, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism Atheist/No Religion etc.
    2. Also the candidates piety can range from vocal( often expresses religious beliefs), reserved(sometimes speaks about religious beliefs), closeted (never expresses personal religious beliefs).
    3. The candidates religious beliefs and level of piety can influence how well they perform in different states and regions. For example a Muslim and Atheist would struggle in the Bible Belt South (Alabama and South Carolina) while a Vocal Evangelical Christian would struggle in more secular states (Massachusetts and New York).
    4.Candidates can try to exploit their rivals’ religious beliefs by digging scandals about their faith or lack of faith. Candidates can also use their own beliefs to court religious or irreligious voters.
    5. Candidates can attend prayer breakfasts and churches masses in the same way they attend talk shows and interviews.

21. Richard July 27, 2014 at 5:48 pm #

First, I like Brian’s idea.

Secondly, when will we get the next update?

22. Jonathan July 27, 2014 at 9:46 pm #

I think that’s a good idea too; however, I think it should be a stronger factor in the past. I don’t think most people really care what the president’s belief is now as long as it is something that calls itself Christian. I think a Jewish candidate could win, but would have a hard time in some primaries, but those states aren’t really that important to collect, unless it’s a tight race. However, an agnostic or atheist candidate would have a very hard time, even though I think most politicians are really agnostic.

23. Brian July 28, 2014 at 10:08 am #

Yeah the Religion issues would make for some really interesting historical campaigns like Al Smith’s race against Herbert Hoover or Thomas Jefferson’s race against John Adams.

24. kevin July 28, 2014 at 7:03 pm #

I like the idea of adding religious beliefs. I also believe they still impact a huge part of elections, especially in the republican primaries. Think about Huckabee in 2008 and Santorum in 2012.

25. Brian July 29, 2014 at 8:10 am #

Yeah. Religious beliefs may be good in getting votes in the primaries (especially in states with large populations of religious voters). However they will create problems in the general election when people start to see those beliefs as too extreme and partisan.

26. Jonah July 29, 2014 at 12:56 pm #

Might want to consider increasing Perry’s percentages. A new poll was released that had Bush and Perry tied for first at 12%, in a poll that included Rubio, Christie, Cruz, Ryan, Paul, Walker, Santorum, Jindal, and Kasich.

I’m hardly a Perry fan, but I feel like he needs to be made a stronger candidate; maybe a 4 in leadership, like a lot of the other GOP governors? He’s been a very visible leader for the GOP over the past few months.

27. Kevin July 29, 2014 at 3:02 pm #

Perry’s surge is not only showing up in this poll.

Fox News Poll: Perry- 12%, Bush- 12%, Paul- 11%, Christie- 10%, Ryan- 9%, Cruz- 9%, Rubio- 9%, Walker- 4%, Jindal- 4%, Santorum- 3%.

CNN Poll: Christie- 13%, Huckabee- 12%, Paul- 12%, Perry- 11%, Ryan- 11%, Cruz- 8%, Bush- 8%, Rubio- 6%, Walker- 5%, Santorum- 3%

source: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html

28. Nick July 29, 2014 at 5:29 pm #

Can we get an estimate on the release of the next Windows patch? I’ve been dying to try some of these new features πŸ™‚

29. Brandon July 31, 2014 at 6:47 pm #

Not until the mac version is released. I am dying to finally get a hand on this game.

30. Aron August 1, 2014 at 10:16 am #

How long until the update? I’ve been waiting months now

31. Nick August 1, 2014 at 6:03 pm #

So when is the MAC version going to be released (estimated)? I’d invest in the game via the steering council, but there aren’t timelines for anything…

32. anthony_270admin August 1, 2014 at 7:28 pm #

@Brian,

Thanks for these ideas – I think religious factors can be modelled to an extent as issues, suggestions noted.

@Jonah and Kevin,

Perry %s noted. We’ll be updating percentages again in the next while.

@Aron,

Windows update as soon as a bug free Mac version is released. Should be soon.

@Nick,

Once a bug free Mac version is released, it will be opened up beyond Kickstarter. It should be soon.

33. Jonathan August 2, 2014 at 6:01 pm #

@Anthony

3 things:

Should the presidential nominee get all of the endorsers who endorsed the VP nominee that he/she selects?

Also, I am currently in a game in which the Republicans have 51% in Washington (the state) and Democrats have 7.7%. This low % shouldn’t be possible unless a rapist won the nomination and refused to resign (and if the party refused to drop him/her). Is there a way you could create something that makes it impossible for the % to drop below a certain level (for major parties)? My suggestion would be 30%, unless there’s a major 3rd party. Maybe 25% to be safe. Perhaps have this be something that can be edited.

Lastly, every candidate, regardless of party, seems to be able to gain endorsements by the other party eventually. Hillary Clinton (played by the CPU) was picking up some notable Republicans in May 2016. She and Rubio had reached 95, and Rubio seemed uninterested in gaining the endorsement. I like how the endorsements used to be, an automatic endorsement once they reached 100, without using a CP. How about a compromise. It pauses at 95 for about a week, candidates are notified that someone is about to endorse them or someone else, and then they can make a play on that endorser. If a CP isn’t used to match it, then that person automatically endorses the person it reached first.

34. Aron August 2, 2014 at 7:06 pm #

@Anthony_270 would that be like Monday because the mac version has been released?

35. anthony_270admin August 2, 2014 at 7:09 pm #

@Aron,

There seems to be a memory bug in President Infinity for Mac, so it will probably be later than Monday.

Thanks for this – noted. The last two things you mention could benefit from a bit of tweaking.

36. Jonathan August 4, 2014 at 12:40 pm #

I’m wondering if you could make a calendar for this website with all the estimated updates so everyone (including myself) aren’t always asking when which update will be released. Possibly even list the things being included in that update. I know it is always hard to tell, but it helps people who are eager for an update.

37. anthony_270admin August 4, 2014 at 12:47 pm #

I used to do that, and then had people who were expecting the game for a specific date and then upset when a version wasn’t released then (witness some of the feedback on the target date for the Mac version – the only reason I gave one for that is that Kickstarter requires it, and that was my best guess).

The policy is now the same as various other companies’ – it will be done when it’s done.

The good news is that the Mac version bar a couple bugs seems to be working, and so regular Windows and Mac updates should start resuming fairly soon.

38. Dallas August 6, 2014 at 10:48 am #

Here is something to look out for: http://benswann.com/conservatives-want-sarah-palin-to-lead-new-third-party/

I do hope this happens, but it can happen before the presidential election, or maybe after.

39. anthony_270admin August 6, 2014 at 10:54 am #

@Dallas,

Thanks for this – keep me posted if there are further steps. It would make a fun hypothetical either way, though.

40. sb November 3, 2014 at 2:16 am #

I love this game and I know it will be difficult to pull off but I hope in the long term there will also be a “Democracy” type of feature where you will lead the country because your actions will have a bearing on your electability in the next elections.

41. anthony_270admin November 6, 2014 at 11:39 am #

@sb,

Thanks for this feedback! If something like a Democracy feature happens, it won’t be for a long time, but feedback noted.