(Note: President Forever 2016 has been renamed to President Infinity.)
The second Mac version of President Infinity has been released!
This version contains a large number of changes and fixes, mostly to the user interface.
Note: this is a Test Release. There are known problems (described below). If you encounter another problem, please let us know and we will add it to the list.
How to install:
You can then go to the web-site, and request a download e-mail.
Download the PresidentInfinity_v165.app.dmg file through the President Infinity link in the download e-mail.
You may get a warning when downloading or installing the game. This is because we haven’t received certification from Apple yet. We plan to do this soon, but in the meantime you might get a message such as the above.
Run it, which will create a new virtual drive on your desktop.
Open the drive (if it doesn’t automatically open), and move the ‘President Infinity′ app file to your Applications folder.
(You can also move the previous President Forever 2016 file from the Applications folder to the trash.)
You can then move the dmg file to the trash if desired.
OS X 10.7 Lion or higher.
A few things that haven’t been implemented yet:
- Mac functionality to close a window instead of quit an application from the main window.
- Sounds are not complete.
- Help file is not complete.
- Campaign Editor is not activated.
- Images have pixelation on Retina displays.
- DMG file will be made more intuitive for install.
- Saving might cause an out of memory error on some systems.
- If anyone is able to repeatedly open instances of a window (so multiple instances of the same window are showing at the same time), please let me know.
Currently, the Mac version is available only to Kickstarter backers with that reward. We’ll be opening it up once we’ve moved to an official release, including ordering directly from the 270soft site and also from the App Store.
What you can expect next:
- Fixing of any remaining bugs for the Mac version as they are reported to us.
- For Windows users, a Test Release for Windows fairly soon.
- Implementation of remaining rewards from the Kickstarter campaign, which will be fully implemented for the first official release.
Thanks everyone for your support! I’m excited to move forward with our first cross-platform app!