Mac President Infinity – Version Amundsen – Test Release – 1.7.0

(Note: President Forever 2016 has been renamed to President Infinity.)

Mac President Infinity v. Amundsen – Test Release – 1.7.0 has been released!

This update makes a significant number of bug fixes, including the ‘out of memory’ error, corrects the 2008 electoral vote counts, and updates Julian Castro’s image in the 2016 campaign. This is still a test release, there are known bugs.

Notes:

• Sound doesn’t work.
  • The load dialog box doesn’t filter properly, so you can see files besides the .sav files.

7 Responses to Mac President Infinity – Version Amundsen – Test Release – 1.7.0

1. Tim September 20, 2014 at 5:17 pm #

How do we purchase the Mac version if we haven’t done so yet?

2. anthony_270admin September 20, 2014 at 5:36 pm #

@Tim,

You can now get President Infinity for Mac here

You will immediately be able to download the latest test release, and then receive the official version once it’s released as well.

3. JustinCEO September 20, 2014 at 7:31 pm #

Bug: Spies “persist” and can cause scandals even when the campaign you are spying on has withdrawn from race.

4. KM September 21, 2014 at 12:49 pm #

I understand the point of constantly coming up with a better product but I have to say that for the past several years that I have owned 270soft products there are several things that I am unhappy about. First of all the model that the updates follow is very unorganized. Certain games and updates are given estimated release dates just to see those dates come and go without any updates. I understand that there is alot of work going into this but if you can’t follow through on a release date, don’t post it months in advanced and get everybody excited. I don’t believe that this business model works especially in the gaming industry. I couldn’t say that a video game will come out on August 15th and promote that just to have the version come out in stores three weeks later and feature several bugs. That business would fail as it would upset too many customers. The stering council is a great way to fundraise and make money but has there been any of the voted features added yet? I would feel as a contributer that my donated money isn’t going into what I voted or didn’t vote for and that is why I didn’t sign on to that idea. There was never a finished difinitive version of 2012 released without noticable bugs and the creators just moved on to 2016 which is looking to have a similar fate. that’s like releasing bug filled Madden 15 and instead of making the fixes by a certain deadline begin on working on a Madden 16 game. Overall I feel that the customers are constantly led to believe that certain things will be added in a timley manner just to be let down constantly. I haven’t updated any of my products because I told myseld years ago now that I would wait for a product that would be more final…I don’t believe that will ever happen. As much as I would like to enjoy the game I am tired of being your game tester for the past four years. This is very disappointing and I am sorry that I couldn’t be more optimistic about this business model.

5. anthony_270admin September 22, 2014 at 11:10 am #

@KM,

Thank you for the feedback – it is valuable on this end. I want to make a few comments about your concerns, which seem to me important and valid.

1. “if you can’t follow through on a release date, don’t post it months in advanced and get everybody excited.”

I agree, which is why the company no longer does this. I think the industry as a whole should also stop doing this – because in most cases, it’s impossible to know how long a project will take.

2. “The stering council is a great way to fundraise and make money but has there been any of the voted features added yet?”

First, the Steering Council isn’t about making money – it is intended for the few people who want to actively contribute to the game by directing its development. The amount of time and effort it has taken to set up and run exceeds as an implicit cost the revenue it has generated.

Second, yes – most recently, the endorsers that were voted on were added. Before that, allowing players to start as undecided. Having said that, development of new features has been waylaid by Mac development, which has taken a long time – but it now is basically complete.

3. “I haven’t updated any of my products because I told myseld years ago now that I would wait for a product that would be more final…I don’t believe that will ever happen.”

For President Forever 2016 (now called President Infinity), there are two kinds of releases. ‘Test Releases’ are versions that contain new features that might have bugs. As an owner, you can simply play the most recent official release, or download the latest test release, or both.

However, you’re right that there is no ‘final product’ envisioned at least until 2016. This is a shift in game development enabled by internet distribution. For President Infinity, I envision expanded features and new enhancements being added up until Nov. 2016.

I hope this has addressed some of your concerns – I welcome further feedback.

6. anthony_270admin September 22, 2014 at 11:26 am #

@JustinCEO,

Thanks for this – got it.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. President Infinity for Mac is now available! | 270soft.com - September 22, 2014

[…] For information on what the latest version contains, see here. […]