Senate 2014 Map

How things look at the beginning of the Senate 2014 campaign. Since Orman will likely caucus with the Dems, and they have the tie-breaking vote from the Vice-President, the Reps have to take two more seats than they have in the above map. Most likely, this would be two from the undecided states, Kansas (Orman), or one or more of the three light blue states (less likely).

Screenshot from the latest Congress Infinity internal.

21 Responses to Senate 2014 Map

1. Dallas October 9, 2014 at 6:36 pm #

The map looks great!

2. anthony_270admin October 9, 2014 at 7:20 pm #

Thanks for the feedback!

3. Dallas October 9, 2014 at 7:57 pm #

When do you expect to release the early test-release?

4. anthony_270admin October 9, 2014 at 8:51 pm #

No ETA right now. I would like to see the early test-release next week.

5. Stephen October 10, 2014 at 10:10 am #

This makes me absolutely ecstatic!

The only quibble I have: Alaska has both polled and rated more closely all cycle than Arkansas (even though, obviously, both are competitive).

6. Erik October 10, 2014 at 6:18 pm #

2. If Orman wins in the game is it calculated into the Democratic majority?

7. Dallas October 10, 2014 at 7:10 pm #

@Anthony
    Surrogate suggestions for the Republicans. This list is based on popular Republicans who campaigned for a candidate in the primary and beyond.
    Sarah Palin
    Rick Perry
    Ted Cruz
    Marco Rubio
    Mitt Romney
    Michele Bachmann
    Ron Paul
    This list is what I can think of at the moment.

8. Stephen October 10, 2014 at 8:03 pm #

@Erik, 1) I would imagine that Louisiana and Georgia will behave as if they were non-run-off states, based on previous iterations of the game (see: 1. What’s going to happen in regards to Louisiana, and the strong possibility there will be a runoff? See: 2010 LA, GA)

2) I would think, from their description, they’re treating Orman like Angus King (which is more reasonable than the alternative)

9. Stephen October 10, 2014 at 8:07 pm #

Although, I am interested in how the three-way SD race is calculated? The Dems latest ad-buy (pummeling Rounds but not boosting Weiland ’cause they don’t seem to mind whoever wins) suggests that they think Pressler may caucus with them (and he did endorse Obama twice).

10. Erik October 10, 2014 at 8:14 pm #

Thank you Stephen.

Let me also state that I thought the original Congress Forever fundraising aspect was extremely weak. Basically, the only way to raise money was to hit a button and Democrats and Republicans alike were able to raise the same amount each turn.

I think fundraising need to be revamped in expanding the possibilities of doing so. To me, the only thing to do is decide where you allocate your resources. Where I think fundraising plays a bigger/equal aspect in reality.

Basically, it should be more than pressing a button every turn.

11. Dallas October 10, 2014 at 9:56 pm #

I agree- fundraising aspects should be expanded in Congress Infinity.

12. SANC October 10, 2014 at 10:07 pm #

Sounds very good to me.

13. Jonathan October 11, 2014 at 10:35 am #

Is there a Governor Infinity?

14. SANC October 11, 2014 at 7:55 pm #

That would be good, if there was a way of making it that winning a region (county in this case) wouldn’t mean winning a seat necessarily. I hope there’s a way of doing that.

15. anthony_270admin October 13, 2014 at 4:07 pm #

@Stephen re Alaska and Arkansas,

Thanks for this – polling numbers may be tweaked before release.

@Erik,

1. Initially, Louisiana will be treated as a simple FPP.

2. Orman is treated as an Independent. It seems likely he will caucus with the Dems, and he might be set as in a ‘coalition’ with the Dems (which means their numbers are added together when determining whether a party has met its goals).

@Dallas re endorsers,

Thanks for these – noted.

@Stephen re SD,

Pressler will also be an Independent. Similar considerations apply as with Orman.

@Erik,

Ya, fundraising ought to be expanded. We’ll see.

@Jonathan re Governor Infinity,

No Governor Infinity at this point.

16. Erik October 13, 2014 at 5:43 pm #

When’s CF going to be released to Steering Council?

17. anthony_270admin October 13, 2014 at 7:10 pm #

@Erik,

No official ETA yet, but my aim is this week.

18. Stephen October 13, 2014 at 7:45 pm #

Thanks for the updates! Keep up the good work (very happy, excited, and cheering you all the way)

19. Mike October 18, 2014 at 2:18 am #

Great work!

While I agree the AK and LA are leaning red, I wouldn’t go so far as coloring them in as ruby red states. They’re both 4-5 point races and would consider them “leaning Republican,” or light red, especially since both races feature incumbent Democrats.

Just my 2 cents.

20. anthony_270admin October 18, 2014 at 10:52 am #

@Mike,

Thanks for this – we might tighten them up a bit.

21. politcs October 20, 2014 at 3:58 pm #