President Infinity – Version Amundsen – 1.8.1

President Infinity v. Amundsen – 1.8.1 for Windows and Mac has been released!

If you are a President Infinity (President Forever 2016) owner, you are eligible for this upgrade.

What’s new in this upgrade

• Barnstorming and Rallies > now select issue and player about, plus background bonuses for theme
  • Barnstorming and Rallies > new user-interface
  • 2016 > Haley > blurb updated
  • 2016 > Pence > blurb updated
  • 2016 > Pence > homestate South Dakota -> Indiana
  • 2016 > Grayson > Primaries > FL 0% -> 3%
  • 2016 > Castro > Primaries > TX 0% -> 3%
  • 2016, 2012, 2008, 1968, 1912 > changed attribute issue icons
  • Barnstorming > Vice-Leader > Power now includes issue bonus, as it already is with Leader Barnstorming
  • 1912 > fixed bug when editing campaign caused by leader PAC primaries and general values being set to “0” (valid values are 1 to 5) (these values are in the parties.xml file, in the “pacs” section for each leader)

You can download this release by requesting a re-download e-mail at the link below.

Important: when you receive the e-mail, you will want to download the file from the “windows president infinity” or “mac president infinity” link.

If for some reason there is no “windows president infinity” or “mac president infinity” link in your e-mail and you are a President Infinity (President Forever 2016) owner, please notify us and we will fix that for you.

22 Responses to President Infinity – Version Amundsen – 1.8.1

1. Jonah December 6, 2014 at 12:04 am #

Haley still starts with $20,000,000 (presumably because she was based off of Palin).

2. Jonathan December 6, 2014 at 5:03 pm #

Good catch

3. Aaron Booth December 7, 2014 at 6:32 pm #

I keep getting this “List index out of bounds” error after certain terns. It’s happened a few times so far that I have tried to play 2016 since this last update. It prevents any action from being taken, then I restart the game and try to load the auto-save and get the same error.

4. Jonathan December 8, 2014 at 7:07 pm #

When do you expect to make the next PI update?

5. Dallas December 8, 2014 at 10:17 pm #

On the Windows version, I am getting the same errors as described by Aaron. Even trying to save the game, I get the error, and I lost my hard-earned progress.

6. Rophil December 9, 2014 at 3:28 am #

For 2012 campaign, I have some bugs when I select Newt Gingrich in the Campaign Editor. And I know Gov. of Louisiana Bobby Jindal indorsded Rick Perry in September 2011. Is it possible to put Jindal in the automatic endorsers of Perry?

7. Jonathan December 9, 2014 at 10:16 am #

Rophil,

You can go to endorsers, go to Jindal and then set his relationship to Rick Perry to 100. This should make him endorse him quickly. If you want to make him an automatic endorser, you have to create a surrogate on Perry with the ID that is used for Bobby Jindal, which I think is bobby_jindal

However, you do it should depend on if Jindal supported Perry from the start, or if he eventually supported him.

8. Dallas December 9, 2014 at 11:35 am #

@anthony, I like the new UI for rallies/barnstorming, however, I think a “ok” button, or “continue” towards the bottom of the “box” would make more sense to add. This button would close the window once clicked on. Hmm..

9. Rophil December 9, 2014 at 11:58 am #

@Jonathan, thanks for these precisions!

10. anthony_270admin December 9, 2014 at 1:21 pm #

@Aaron,

Thanks for this – I’ll look into it. Does it tend to occur at a certain point in the game (primaries, general, and so on)?

11. anthony_270admin December 9, 2014 at 1:22 pm #

@Jonah,

Thanks for this – it will be fixed in the next release.

12. anthony_270admin December 9, 2014 at 1:23 pm #

Next PI update should be soon. Maybe end of this week or next.

13. anthony_270admin December 9, 2014 at 1:24 pm #

@Rophil “For 2012 campaign, I have some bugs when I select Newt Gingrich in the Campaign Editor.”

Thanks for this – I will look into it.

14. anthony_270admin December 9, 2014 at 1:25 pm #

@Dallas “I like the new UI for rallies/barnstorming, however, I think a “ok” button, or “continue” towards the bottom of the “box” would make more sense to add. This button would close the window once clicked on.”

I know what you mean. I’ll probably add a close button in the top right corner.

15. Brian December 9, 2014 at 2:00 pm #

I also keep receiving the “list out of bounds message” I have president infinity on windows 7 and it always happens in the primaries. If I remember correctly then on the 2016 scenario it always happens before the Iowa caucuses. It happens in every scenario however I can not remember exact dates although it is always in primaries.

16. Aaron Booth December 9, 2014 at 9:36 pm #

@Anthony I haven’t been able to get past the primaries, so I can’t say if it happens past then. It also happened in the 1912 and 2012 scenarios.

17. Eric December 10, 2014 at 3:42 am #

I haven’t played 1.8.1 yet, but I know this was true in 1.8.0, and it wasn’t on the changelog.

I have a game as Scott Walker in which all the Democrats focused all their early efforts on Iowa and New Hampshire. This meant that Hillary got less than 2% in both races, but because the other candidates had so neglected the other states, she still won the nomination handily. Moreover, all the negative campaigning made the general election polls interesting: while the Republican numbers (Christie/Bush/me) haven’t moved much from 44% nationwide, the Democratic numbers dropped below 30%, so Bloomberg has been picking up.

The following may be contributing to the AI over-emphasizing Iowa and New Hampshire:
    1) Chronology. I presume the AI is programmed to focus on nearer primaries/caucuses. WAD. Especially if as a candidate with low poll numbers, those states really are make-or-break in the real world.
    2) Election profile. IA and NH are roughly +12, and the AI (rightly) focuses on the big races that have national consequences. However, between this and 1), the AI has so much emphasis on IA and NH that even the “too much barnstorming” penalty is not a sufficient deterrent.

In addition to re-weighting the various components, I suggest a boom/bust news story similar to the ones in debates after primaries. If a candidate’s vote total in a primary exceed his/her national numbers by some significant amount (15%, maybe?), a high-profile positive news story should trigger. This would be a representation of Santorum’s sudden rise to prominence in 2012 after his surprisingly strong showing in IA. Likewise, if a candidate significantly underperform his/her national numbers, a negative news story should trigger like “Collapse in support”. This would reflect Truman’s defeat in NH in 1952 or Howard Dean and DIck Gephardt in IA in 2004.

18. anthony_270admin December 11, 2014 at 12:28 pm #

@Eric,

Thanks for this feedback – I think you’re right that the affects of early primaries could use some tweaking. Ideas noted.

19. anthony_270admin December 11, 2014 at 12:54 pm #

@Brian,

Ok, thanks for this.

It sounds like the same error as Aaron and others are reporting. This should be fixed soon.

20. Eric December 14, 2014 at 9:57 pm #

For score/electoral vote swing purposes, Indiana and North Carolina still count as being Republican pickups.

21. anthony_270admin December 15, 2014 at 12:30 pm #

@Eric,

Thanks – this should be fixed in the next release.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. President Infinity – Version Amundsen – 1.8.2 | 270soft.com - December 16, 2014

[…] This is a comprehensive update. For your information, you can see the features originally released in versions 1.8.1 and 1.8.0 (and now included in this update) at 1.8.1 and 1.8.0 . […]