President Infinity – Version Amundsen – 1.9.5

President Infinity v. Amundsen – 1.9.5 for Windows and Mac has been released!

If you are a President Infinity (President Forever 2016) owner, you are eligible for this upgrade.

What’s new in this upgrade

• 2016 > Primaries > can now start either Oct. 15th or Dec. 1st
  • 2016 > Rick Perry > Issue Familiarity 2 -> 3
  • 2016 > Warner -> ‘off’ by default
  • Computer players > now fundraise more often
  • Computer players > if fundraising, now pick states to maximize amount raised
  • Main Screen > Fundraising > updated interface
  • Main Screen > Fundraising > can now view a ranked list of estimated fundraiser amounts for each state
  • Main Screen > fixed bug where didn’t display primaries completed seats properly
  • Election Night > Export > fixed bug where regions listed twice

This is a comprehensive update.

You can download this release by requesting a download e-mail at the link below.

Important: when you receive the e-mail, you will want to download the file from the “windows president infinity” or “mac president infinity” link.

If for some reason there is no “windows president infinity” or “mac president infinity” link in your e-mail and you are a President Infinity (President Forever 2016) owner, please notify us and we will fix that for you.

What’s coming up in future updates

• Expanding the 2016 candidates (Fiorina, Graham, Pataki)
  • 7 days per turn feature for primaries
  • Implementation of Kickstarter campaign in-game rewards

45 Responses to President Infinity – Version Amundsen – 1.9.5

1. Aaron Booth April 4, 2015 at 11:10 pm #

The Issue and Who to focus the event on disappeared. When (for example) I go to give a speech, the only option I have is which state to give it in.

2. Bubbles April 4, 2015 at 11:55 pm #

The Fundraising list has helped a lot. Do you know when your Kickstarter will be ready for donation? I am excited to help out!

3. doug April 5, 2015 at 9:29 am #

How do I get to the Fundraising page?

4. doug April 5, 2015 at 9:31 am #

How do I see how much I raised for each state?

5. anthony_270admin April 5, 2015 at 1:21 pm #

Thanks for this – fixed. Simply request a redownload. It will still say v. 1.9.5.

6. Doug April 5, 2015 at 3:47 pm #

7. Bubbles April 5, 2015 at 3:49 pm #

Anthony, in the next update can you change Jeb’s stance on immigration? He has come out in favor of amnesty for illegal immigrants.

8. Bubbles April 5, 2015 at 5:03 pm #

@Doug Go to your leader activities page, hit fundraising. Hit the State button, there will be the list in order of most money.

9. Aaron Booth April 6, 2015 at 4:15 pm #

When a candidate endorses another candidate and drops out of the race, that candidate should actually endorse the candidate the game says they are endorsing rather than going back the the endorsers page for anyone to win.

10. Falcon April 7, 2015 at 7:54 am #

Do you have an timetable for when the 1992 campaign will be released? 🙂

11. Jonathan April 7, 2015 at 9:09 am #

I’m wondering if the state issue sliders should be different for primaries and general election. For instance, each party would have a primary slider for each state. This would make candidates like Cruz or Warren do well in the primaries, but then make it harder for them in the general election unless they move to the center.

12. Eric April 7, 2015 at 12:36 pm #

Aren’t they already? I think the white sliders represent the country/state center and the gray sliders represent the party center.

13. Jonathan April 7, 2015 at 1:01 pm #

I think the party slider is for the national level. It isn’t state party specific. For instance, a Massachusetts Republican and a Mississippi Democrat would defy the general party line.

14. anthony_270admin April 7, 2015 at 2:27 pm #

No ETA on 1992 as of yet.

I think this is in the game already, but it’s not being displayed on the Platform Screen on the sliders. Noted – thanks for this.

15. anthony_270admin April 7, 2015 at 2:41 pm #

Thanks for this – noted.

16. anthony_270admin April 7, 2015 at 2:42 pm #

Bush immigration position noted.

17. anthony_270admin April 7, 2015 at 2:45 pm #

There’s no way to see a list of how much you’ve already raised for each state, but if you go to the Player Info Screen, you can see how much your campaign has raised in total.

18. anthony_270admin April 7, 2015 at 2:45 pm #

@Bubbles re Kickstarter,

No Kickstarter campaign – that happened about a year ago to help launch the Mac version of President Infinity.

19. Bubbles April 7, 2015 at 3:27 pm #

@Anthony I saw, I didn’t know if extra fundraising will be needed. I’d love to help out. Also, there is a small thing that would be fun to add to election night. Two things. Victory/Loss Music, and Victory/Concession speeches (impacting your highscore). The first part would just be a fun boost at the end of the game with a upbeat/depressing soundtrack. The other would be a small quiz like thing to announce at the end of your campaign. Just a suggestion, but it would make my play experience way more fun.

20. Mike April 7, 2015 at 10:01 pm # more foot soldiers in the new game models? I sure miss them- doesn’t seem as realistic without them, JMO.

21. anthony_270admin April 8, 2015 at 12:17 pm #

There are footsoldiers in the game. From the Main Screen, click the Strategy Button, then select a constituency. Then click the Footsoldiers Button.

22. anthony_270admin April 8, 2015 at 12:35 pm #

Thanks for this feedback – yes, more music or sounds could add to the game, suggestion in particular noted.

23. Jonathan April 9, 2015 at 11:46 am #

Former Republican considering running as a Democrat in 2016: Lincoln Chafee

24. anthony_270admin April 9, 2015 at 11:57 am #

That’s interesting – thanks for this.

25. anthony_270admin April 9, 2015 at 12:02 pm #

The Dem side is actually starting to look a little interesting. O’Malley, Webb, and now Chafee. Add to that the latest round of Quinnipiac polls in Florida showing Clinton losing to Bush in Florida and almost losing to Rubio there.

26. Al April 10, 2015 at 7:47 pm #

Could you add the projection feature on election night that was on president forever? I really miss it and it makes it more fun for me so I know which states have already been won.

Also, I would love exit polls too showing which demographics went which way. Also, it would be good to target ads to specific demographics (such as social security to 65+ or immigration to Hispanics).

27. Eric April 10, 2015 at 10:22 pm #

Joe Biden’s endorser description says “sitting Republican Vice President”.

28. Eric April 11, 2015 at 12:03 pm #

Also, Greg Abbott starts as an automatic endorser for Rick Perry.

29. Jonathan April 14, 2015 at 8:08 pm #

Obama automatically endorses Webb.

30. Bubbles April 15, 2015 at 5:37 pm #

@Anthony What will be the next campaign after ’92?

31. Aaron Booth April 15, 2015 at 9:10 pm #

32. Eric April 16, 2015 at 12:36 pm #

Lincoln Chafee is in, even if not officially.

33. Nick April 16, 2015 at 8:04 pm #

@Aaron Booth – I have experienced the same problem.

34. Falcon April 17, 2015 at 11:56 am #

I agree! You should add Chafee 😀

35. Jonathan April 17, 2015 at 12:05 pm #

Clinton is crushing Walker in his own state:

36. Eric April 17, 2015 at 12:38 pm #

@Jonathan. She’s beating everybody everywhere except a few in North Carolina and Colorado and Paul in Iowa. Although, yes, she is above 50% in WI against everybody, early poll status notwithstanding.
    If you’re suggesting the GE poll numbers should be tweaked in the primaries, I agree. Clinton gets huge negative momentum from the Democrats ganging up on her (yet they can never figure out to spread the attacks around so she loses in more places than just the early states–blame the AI), which gives the Republican a comically high 7pp margin in February. In my observation game as Johnson, the Republican was winning California at one point. In October starts, Clinton should probably start about 4 or 5 points up from the Republican (because she probably will be, even if it’s mostly name recognition) to compensate the aforementioned slide and to make Republicans earn a huge margin instead of just not being a Democrat.

By the way, do the GE numbers recalculate if the leading candidate changes? For example, if negative-momentum Clinton (39% GE) gets replaced (somehow) by weeks-of-positive-momentum O’Malley (e.g.), would the Democrats’ poll numbers get a bounce (to 42%, say)?

37. Jonathan April 17, 2015 at 4:03 pm #

Yeah. I agree. The one element of the game that irks me a lot is how the Democrats always get hammered in the primaries. I’d say 100% of the time when I space bar through as a 3rd party. It’s always as if Clinton doesn’t attack the republicans but she gets attacked. Generally by March, reps will have 48% of the vote and Democrats with like 35%. Something needs to be seriously fixed. I think there should be a cap to how low certain parties can fall in certain states.

38. anthony_270admin April 17, 2015 at 4:08 pm #

I’ll be looking at this carefully when doing more in-depth game testing for PI. Right now, the focus is on adding a 7 day per turn feature. After that, I’ll be looking more closely at game play.

39. anthony_270admin April 17, 2015 at 4:09 pm #

No, GE numbers don’t recalculate in that way. Once the Favorability feature is implemented, that will happen.

40. anthony_270admin April 17, 2015 at 4:13 pm #

@Aaron “When I export election results it exports the totals for all parties except for the GOP. Just blanks or zeros in those cells”

Are you using just the two parties, or do you have third parties turned on?

41. Aaron Booth April 17, 2015 at 10:27 pm #

@anthony I had Dems, GOP, Green, and Lib.

42. anthony_270admin April 19, 2015 at 7:22 am #

No decision yet on which campaign after 1992. That will probably be up to the Steering Council.

43. anthony_270admin April 19, 2015 at 8:20 am #

Thanks for this – I’ll try to recreate the bug.

44. Aaron Booth April 20, 2015 at 9:43 pm #

I figured out this one while I was giving feed back on an issue with a 2020 scenario someone created:

The id’s should be changed for the endorsers that changed last fall. Joni Ernst still has the id tom_harkin. Which would create the scenario where she could be the VP candidate for Jeb Bush and be a surrogate for Clinton.

45. anthony_270admin April 23, 2015 at 5:58 pm #

Thanks for this feedback!