President Infinity – Version Amundsen – 1.9.7

President Infinity v. Amundsen – 1.9.7 for Windows and Mac has been released!

Note: this version seems to have a bug on certain Windows systems, which causes the game to crash. If using Windows, I recommend waiting to install until a new version has been released which fixes this bug.

If you are a President Infinity (President Forever 2016) owner, you are eligible for this upgrade.

What’s new in this upgrade

• “Processing Turn” message date format changed, for example “11/02/2015″ is now “Monday, November 2nd, 2015″
  • 2016 > added Carly Fiorina, 2%, 10% in California
  • 2016 > added Lindsey Graham, 2%, 8% in South Carolina
  • 2016 > Ben Carson > Ground 1 -> 2
  • 2016 > Jim Webb > removed Barack Obama as Surrogate
  • 2016 > Endorsers > updated ids (for example, Joni Ernst now has an id of joni_ernst instead of tom_harkin)
  • 2016 > Endorsers > Mitch McConnell > Rand Paul -> 100
  • Main Screen > Surrogates can now fundraise
  • Main Screen > if Surrogate already Barnstorming, now can’t add Spinning
  • Main Screen > if Surrogate already Spinning, now can’t add Barnstorming
  • Surrogates Screen > wider
  • Surrogates Screen > now clearer what Surrogate’s Barnstorming, Fundraising, and Spin attributes are
  • Surrogates Screen > if Barnstorming, no longer shows, for example, ‘4/4/4 (in theme)’, but rather ‘Barnstorming Power 4′
  • Constituency Screen > added more popup help
  • Fixed bug where would get ‘successfully spun story’ message every time spun story, regardless of whether successful
  • Mac > fixed bug that caused game to exit before starting on some systems
  • Offers > if get VP or endorsement of another player, if they are also an endorser then they are set to endorsed

This is a comprehensive update.

You can download this release by requesting a download e-mail at the link below.

Important: when you receive the e-mail, you will want to download the file from the “windows president infinity” or “mac president infinity” link.

If for some reason there is no “windows president infinity” or “mac president infinity” link in your e-mail and you are a President Infinity (President Forever 2016) owner, please notify us and we will fix that for you.

What’s coming up in future updates, listed in terms of priority

• Implementation of Kickstarter campaign in-game rewards
  • Expanding the 2016 candidates (Chafee, Pataki)
  • 7 days per turn feature for primaries

67 Responses to President Infinity – Version Amundsen – 1.9.7

1. Les April 25, 2015 at 8:07 pm #

Anthony,

I have a real issue with practically every one of the Republican candidates that are turned to “on” having higher ratings on leadership and experience (4) compared to (3) for Hillary Clinton. Do the creators of this game really think that Rand Paul has more leadership and experience than Clinton? I’m befuddled by this.

2. Aaron Booth April 25, 2015 at 8:48 pm #

@les I have to agree there. No one besides Biden in this game has more experience than Clinton. Paul would be one of the least experienced.

3. Aaron Booth April 25, 2015 at 8:58 pm #

I am having a problem where after one turn the game locks up on me. Tried it twice with two different campaigns…

4. Tayya April 26, 2015 at 6:38 am #

I also have an issue with the game locking up – after a while the window minimizes and when I pull it up again it doesn’t respond.

5. Mike April 26, 2015 at 5:01 pm #

Nice update. Any future updates coming in the Congress Forever game, especially the Senate map?

6. Aaron Booth April 26, 2015 at 5:34 pm #

I reinstalled the game again and it seemed like it was working but sure enough after about 6-7 turns the game minimizes and locks up.

7. Bubbles April 26, 2015 at 6:12 pm #

It may sound like I’m obsessed about Trump. I am, but I was wondering if Trump would be added for 2012 as an “off” player? He was talked about a lot as a potential. Anyways, having a lot of fun with the update.
    Thanks,
    Bubbles

8. Aaron Booth April 27, 2015 at 7:54 pm #

Any word on a fix for the game? Even after reinstalling a second time, it is still unplayable.

9. anthony_270admin April 28, 2015 at 2:14 pm #

@Les,

Thanks for this feedback.

When I start the latest 2016 campaign, Rand Paul has a Leadership of 3 and Experience of 2. Rubio also has a 2. As does Cruz.

Clinton has a Leadership of 3 and an Experience rating of 4.

If Paul’s set to higher in your version, I’m not sure why that’s the case. I double-checked the latest Windows version’s campaign and it says Rand Paul is at 3 Leadership and 2 Experience.

10. anthony_270admin April 28, 2015 at 2:16 pm #

@Aaron,

Is there anything in specific you do that causes the game to lock up?

Also, what operating system are you using?

11. anthony_270admin April 28, 2015 at 2:16 pm #

@Tayya,

Same question as for Aaron – anything in specific that seems to cause this, and what operating system are you using?

12. anthony_270admin April 28, 2015 at 2:17 pm #

@Bubbles re Trump,

Maybe – that decision will be made when the 2012 is being updated, which won’t happen for awhile, though.

13. Mark April 28, 2015 at 3:02 pm #

Using windows 8.1 after about 10-15 turns the game locks up and won’t close unless I go into the task manager and force close it. Any fix on this? I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times to no avail.

14. Bubbles April 28, 2015 at 3:35 pm #

Having the same problem as @Mark and @Aaron.

15. Aaron Booth April 28, 2015 at 3:41 pm #

Doesn’t seem to be any specific action. Windows 7

16. Bubbles April 28, 2015 at 4:14 pm #

Windows 7 Also.

17. anthony_270admin April 28, 2015 at 5:09 pm #

Do you guys get this error if you spacebar (just click ‘Done Turn’) through however many turns?

18. Jonathan April 28, 2015 at 5:50 pm #

My game is locking up too. It sort of just freezes after awhile.

In other news, Bernie Sanders is declaring. I wonder if this will give him any boost at all.

19. Aaron Booth April 28, 2015 at 6:23 pm #

I spacebarred through a couple dozen turns and it didn’t do it. So apparently it only happens when you do stuff.

20. anthony_270admin April 28, 2015 at 6:24 pm #

@Mike,

Yes, a Congress Infinity update will be released soon. The order is fix this bug, then a new PMI, then a new CI.

21. anthony_270admin April 28, 2015 at 6:26 pm #

Everyone who is experiencing this lock up bug, does it happen between turns, during turns, or both?

22. anthony_270admin April 28, 2015 at 6:27 pm #

@Aaron,

Thanks for this – I’ll continue game testing to see if I can recreate it on this system.

23. Aaron Booth April 28, 2015 at 6:49 pm #

it happens after pressing space bar/ or done turn

24. anthony_270admin April 28, 2015 at 6:55 pm #

Ok, I’ll continue to game test – thanks again for this.

25. Bubbles April 28, 2015 at 7:40 pm #

I don’t know about you guys, but it has gotten worse. It only did it 5 or 6 times but I could resave and rejoin. Now I can’t play even one turn without the game freezing.

26. anthony_270admin April 28, 2015 at 8:12 pm #

@Bubbles,

Can you start a new game and then ‘spacebar’ it (only press the ‘Done Turn’ button) on each turn?

27. Bubbles April 28, 2015 at 8:27 pm #

I ‘spacebarred’ as the Green Party in 2016, was able to get through 10 turns until it froze and I couldn’t do anything. I tried to with 2 other campaigns (2008,1912) neither worked for over 10-12 turns.

28. anthony_270admin April 28, 2015 at 8:36 pm #

Did you start in the primaries or general election? Which parties did you play in the other campaigns? Were there multiple players ‘on’ for the Green Party when you played that?

29. Bubbles April 28, 2015 at 8:44 pm #

1. General, Primary, General.

2. Republican (Giuliani), Democrat (Wilson) I spacebarred through all of them.

3. Everyone was on except for Bloomberg.

30. anthony_270admin April 28, 2015 at 8:59 pm #

Ok, I’ve been able to recreate this a few times. I have some guesses as to what could be causing it.

31. Bubbles April 28, 2015 at 10:06 pm #

Will there be any way to have game saves that are having the problem to fix it? I was playing as Jon Huntsman in 2012 and had just won the Iowa, New Hampshire, and SC primaries. So I’d like to not have to replay it.(It may not be an accomplishment for many, but I am proud of it)
    Thanks 😀
    -Bubbles

32. Mark April 29, 2015 at 12:00 am #

I was able to get it through the Primaries until April and it froze up.

33. Falcon April 29, 2015 at 11:13 am #

I have had the same “freeze” problem everything time I start with the primaries

34. anthony_270admin April 29, 2015 at 2:02 pm #

Ok, I think I have fixed this. It seems to have been due to the Main Screen not ‘locking down’ in between turns. A new version should be released shortly.

35. anthony_270admin April 29, 2015 at 2:40 pm #

New version released for Windows, 1.9.8. I’ll have a blog post up in a bit, but you can request a download from

36. Mark April 29, 2015 at 3:23 pm #

@anthony_270admin

Quick to release a bug fix. Shows a lot. Thank you.

37. Mr_Falcon April 29, 2015 at 3:26 pm #

Agree with Mark, thank you!

38. anthony_270admin April 29, 2015 at 4:09 pm #

Thanks guys – please let me know if it actually solves the problem on your systems. I solved it here, but it might be system specific.

39. Mr_Falcon April 29, 2015 at 4:13 pm #

Well I still have the same problem :/

40. anthony_270admin April 29, 2015 at 4:16 pm #

@Mr_Falcon,

Can you describe the problem you are having in as much detail as you can?

41. Mr_Falcon April 29, 2015 at 4:27 pm #

Every thing is great until after 40 days in the game, then everything freezes. I have tried it on several scenarios, still the same thing

42. Dallas April 29, 2015 at 5:57 pm #

@anthony I loaded a saved game that was going well for my candidate with the latest version (1.9.8), and the game froze after 8 turns, right after the New York, Rhode Island, Delaware Republican primaries in the 2016 scenario and playing as Carly Fiorina. Windows 8.1 here. Will this be fixed soon, and, when can you make saved games from previous versions work with the latest version? In this case, time was invested into the game as Carly, and now, I cannot finish the primaries.

43. Mark April 29, 2015 at 6:03 pm #

I started the Primaries in October 2015 it froze in June 2016 first time and March 2016 second time. I suggest taking some time working on a fix and giving updates as you go because the problem is still not fixed. My machine has 16gb of RAM running on a Intel Xeon E5-2630 2.3GHz processor. It has to be the game itself.

44. Dallas April 29, 2015 at 6:33 pm #

Will a patch be available before the end of this week?

45. Reuben April 29, 2015 at 7:47 pm #

1.9.8 freezes one day into the game

46. Jonathan April 29, 2015 at 9:38 pm #

It froze on me after I was supposed to selection a VP

47. Bubbles April 30, 2015 at 12:42 am #

I just played and got to NH primaries without a problem then it froze.

48. anthony_270admin April 30, 2015 at 9:28 am #

Hi everyone,

A new Windows version has been released, 1.9.9. I believe it fixes these problems, but again, it might not on your system. Please let me know if it solves these problems for you, if so I will officially release a new version.

49. Aron Johnson April 30, 2015 at 2:16 pm #

I don’t see the game on the list on the page where we download the games?

50. Bubbles April 30, 2015 at 2:26 pm #

Thanks so much Anthony I am now able to play my save games that were corrupted too 😀

51. anthony_270admin April 30, 2015 at 2:55 pm #

@Aron,

Go here

to request a redownload. There should be a link in the e-mail sent called ‘win president infinity’ (Windows).

52. anthony_270admin April 30, 2015 at 2:58 pm #

@Bubbles,

Good to hear!

53. Mark April 30, 2015 at 3:12 pm #

@anthony_270admin

So far so good. The game seems to be working without issue. And I repeat myself you released a fix within just days of being notified, it shows how seriously you are about your product.

54. zummm April 30, 2015 at 3:57 pm #

Been getting “list index out of bounds” error after some time of playing. Save is unplayable after that.

55. anthony_270admin April 30, 2015 at 4:18 pm #

@Zummm,

Thanks for this – can you tell me what the version number is (right hand side of the Start Screen), what campaign you are playing, and where the error occurs (is it during a turn or between turns)?

56. anthony_270admin April 30, 2015 at 4:19 pm #

@Mark,

Thanks for this – good to hear!

57. Jonathan April 30, 2015 at 4:52 pm #

The game still locks up for me when I have to select a VP. For some reason, the screen is minimized and then when I click to open it back up, I can’t click on anything. I’m playing as the Socialist Party in in the scenarios I’ve created. I’m not sure if it is some weird error in my scenarios (it does this in 1932, 1936 and 1940). Haven’t tried the others.

58. anthony_270admin April 30, 2015 at 4:56 pm #

Ok, I’ll try to recreate this. Are you selecting a VP after the convention?

59. anthony_270admin April 30, 2015 at 5:19 pm #

I just went through a primaries campaign and selected a VP with no problem with v. 1.9.9. Can you confirm you are using 1.9.9?

60. Bubbles April 30, 2015 at 5:46 pm #

Bernie Sanders – Ground 2/3? He has a strong grass roots campaign undergoing.

61. Jonathan April 30, 2015 at 6:08 pm #

@Anthony
    It wasn’t allowing me to select a VP, it would pop up the VP selection screen and close the game window nearly simultaneously. When I would reopen the window, the game would be frozen.

I confirm I have the latest version. I just redownloaded it, just in case. I’m trying it again now:

Yeah, its still doing it. It’s really odd. It’s only happening when it is time to select a VP.

62. anthony_270admin April 30, 2015 at 6:28 pm #

Ok, my guess is this has to do with selecting a VP after the convention – I tested it after securing the nomination but before the convention. Will test with selecting a VP after the convention.

63. anthony_270admin April 30, 2015 at 6:35 pm #

I’ve confirmed this when selecting a VP after the convention. New version should be forthcoming shortly.

64. Jonathan April 30, 2015 at 7:18 pm #

Thanks!

65. anthony_270admin April 30, 2015 at 10:16 pm #

New Windows version 2.0.0 has been released that should fix this bug.

66. Jonathan April 30, 2015 at 11:13 pm #

Works. Thanks!

67. anthony_270admin May 1, 2015 at 8:53 am #

@Bubbles re Sanders, we’ll see. Maybe a 2.