President Infinity – Version Amundsen – 2.0.0

President Infinity v. Amundsen – 2.0.0 for Windows and Mac has been released!

If you are a President Infinity (President Forever 2016) owner, you are eligible for this upgrade.What’s new in this upgrade

• “Processing Turn” message date format changed, for example “11/02/2015″ is now “Monday, November 2nd, 2015″
  • 2016 > added Carly Fiorina, 2%, 10% in California
  • 2016 > added Lindsey Graham, 2%, 8% in South Carolina
  • 2016 > Ben Carson > Ground 1 -> 2
  • 2016 > Jim Webb > removed Barack Obama as Surrogate
  • 2016 > Endorsers > updated ids (for example, Joni Ernst now has an id of joni_ernst instead of tom_harkin)
  • 2016 > Endorsers > Mitch McConnell > Rand Paul -> 100
  • Main Screen > Surrogates can now fundraise
  • Main Screen > if Surrogate already Barnstorming, now can’t add Spinning
  • Main Screen > if Surrogate already Spinning, now can’t add Barnstorming
  • Surrogates Screen > wider
  • Surrogates Screen > now clearer what Surrogate’s Barnstorming, Fundraising, and Spin attributes are
  • Surrogates Screen > if Barnstorming, no longer shows, for example, ‘4/4/4 (in theme)’, but rather ‘Barnstorming Power 4′
  • Constituency Screen > added more popup help
  • Fixed bug where would get ‘successfully spun story’ message every time spun story, regardless of whether successful
  • Mac > fixed bug that caused game to exit before starting on some systems
  • Windows, Mac > fixed a couple bugs that caused error messages or the game to freeze
  • Offers > if get VP or endorsement of another player, if they are also an endorser then they are set to endorsed

What’s coming up in future updates, listed in terms of priority

• Implementation of Kickstarter campaign in-game rewards
  • Expanding the 2016 candidates (Chafee, Pataki)
  • 7 days per turn feature for primaries
  • Favorability ratings that determine percentages (allows for more realistic modeling)

This is a comprehensive update.

You can download this release by requesting a download e-mail at the link below.

Important: when you receive the e-mail, you will want to download the file from the “windows president infinity” or “mac president infinity” link.

If for some reason there is no “windows president infinity” or “mac president infinity” link in your e-mail and you are a President Infinity (President Forever 2016) owner, please notify us and we will fix that for you.

31 Responses to President Infinity – Version Amundsen – 2.0.0

1. Jim May 1, 2015 at 6:11 pm #

Great update. For the next one, I believe that it’s imperative that the color issue be addressed about *all others*….the Republican race has sort of forced this issue on you. There are simply too many candidates and not enough colors and it’s really started to be a problem if you like to play primaries. The color scheme is just anarchy and it makes the gameplay less enjoyable IMO.

I’ve played the game for awhile, but I sort of need a refresher in basic facts:
    Does anyone have a link to a site that actually breaks down what targeting, barnstorming, rallies accomplish? Does it matter when I target a state? Does building organizational strength without targeting a state make sense? What exactly does the targeting mean? I’d appreciate any info on that front.

Again, thanks a ton.

2. anthony_270admin May 1, 2015 at 6:16 pm #

Thanks for this feedback.

You’re right – the colors issue is near the top of the list of things to work on, and I hope to have it with the next update.

The Help File will be expanded soon – probably after the next update, which should be in a couple of weeks.

3. doug May 2, 2015 at 11:20 am #

4. anthony_270admin May 2, 2015 at 11:27 am #

Thank you for this feedback – I’ve added it to the to do list. In the meantime, I recommend not using up all the speeches in a game. Hopefully this works.

5. Mr_Falcon May 2, 2015 at 12:04 pm #

Until it is fixed just keep autosave enabled and when the problem occurs don’t press next turn, press load autosave.

Worked for me.

6. Jeremy Whaley May 3, 2015 at 9:12 am #

I request the update for version Win President Infinity- Version Admundsen- 2.0.0

7. anthony_270admin May 3, 2015 at 12:08 pm #

Hi Jeremy,

You can get the update through

If you have any further problems downloading, please contact us at

8. Jesse May 4, 2015 at 2:18 pm #

I have found that the new update makes the game slower between turns.

9. Les May 6, 2015 at 8:10 am #

Anthony, do you anticipate the 7-day turn coming with the next update or is that down the road a little bit? I love playing the primaries but slogging through day-by-day, month-by-month becomes a little tedious.

Also, what will the 7-day turn look like? Will you map out candidates and surrogates activities by day for the week or just say you will map out 3 speeches, 4 barnstorming, 5 rallies, 6 fundraisers, etc?

10. anthony_270admin May 6, 2015 at 2:38 pm #

Ok, thanks for this. Continuing to speed the game up is on the to-do list.

I can’t say when the 7 days per turn feature will be implemented. I can say it is near the top of the list.

The basic design is that you will have 7 x CPs per turn you can allocate. There will be a ‘calendar’ when adding activities like Barnstorming and so on, so you can choose which day.

Basically, it will mean more in-turn time per turn, less time clicking ‘Done Turn’, and overall fewer decisions that have to be made.

11. Eric May 7, 2015 at 12:41 am #

Will positions on Common Core be amalgamated into the general Education position, or will a separate issue be created? Bush is currently “center-right” on education, which puts him in line with the party in the game, but on this issue he is not.

12. Bubbles May 7, 2015 at 1:59 am #

@Eric I’d also like to see other issues in the game.

13. Eric May 7, 2015 at 9:00 pm #

I had a thought about attacks.
    One of my concerns about the way it’s currently implemented is there’s no hypocrisy penalty: If an opponent and I hold the same unpopular opinion, I can still attack him and the most that would happen is an ad backfires (no additional chance due to hypocrisy) or I get a negative news story for attacking (just like normal). I propose the following change:
    Bonuses depend not only on the opponent’s issue penalty, but also on the attacker’s bonus/penalty. Specifically, attacker minus opponent.
    Example: Paul and Cruz are both Far-right on Role of Government. The party center in Ohio is center-right, so both are at -1. Currently, Cruz can attack Paul and gain +1 to effectiveness. Under my plan, his attack would gain (-1) – (-1) = 0.
    Example 2: Cruz is far-right on taxes. Sanders is far-left. Ohio is center. Currently, Cruz can attack Sanders at +2. Under this idea, Cruz would be at (-2) – (-2) = 0 because he’s just as extreme relative to Ohio.

I have not quite worked out whether it should give a further bonus to candidates “in touch” with the base.
    Example: Bush is center-left on immigration; Christie, center-right. The party in Ohio is center-right. Currently, Christie can attack at +1; I’m debating whether he should be +2. The other way around would definitely be -2.

14. RO May 10, 2015 at 1:59 pm #

I have now played the game twice from primaries through the convention (when the game freezes) once as Scott Walker once as Hillary Clinton. There are several improvements I can thing of:

1) Fundraising: I fundraise throughout the game, although the AI does not seem to do so. Modern presidential campaigns rely on constant fundraising to be able to sustain their operations. In both games I raised 460-470 million (less than what actual campaigns do), the AI never raised more than 100-120 million and often had 300k-2 million in their accounts on any given turn. It lead to a very lopsided game as I could constantly spend money on polling, organizing and ads which they couldnt.

2) Even playing this game on hard I was on track to win most states regardless of what party I played. Playing as Hillary I had a much greater lead in TX than I did in Minnesota or Maine. I was leading by the same amount in Kentucky and Mississippi as I was in Florida, despite not campaigning or investing resources in the first two, this is not very realistic.

3) After having won enough delegates for the nomination, and all other candidates dropping out, but before the convention, AI seemed still to be releasing attack ads on fmr primary opponents, for several months. AI to do television interviews either.

4) After gaining enough delegates for the nomination but before convention my surrogates do not stick to states I have targeted but campaign in all 50 states.

5) Platforms for the parties, leaders and issue profile for the country as a whole seem a bit dated and incorrect. Carly Fiorina for example is in favor of civil unions. Hillary’s stand on same sex marriage, as per recent remarks, should be to the left. The country as a whole has shifted to the left on same sex marriage as well. On gun control polling indicates that most are in favor of reforming gun laws while keeping it legal although the game still has the country as leaning center-right on this. On abortion the country is evenly split, and not center-right as the game indicates.On environmental issues polling finds that most believe in climate change, even republicans are starting to come around on the issue.

6) Having now played the game twice through tedious primaries only to have the game freeze I probably wont play it again until there is a 7 day per turn primary function added

15. Jonathan May 10, 2015 at 2:52 pm #

I think one thing that would help prevent unrealistic state results is if the game is programmed to not allow certain parties and certain candidates to fall below a certain % in certain states.

For instance, Jeb Bush and Rubio should never be deadlast in Florida during the primaries. Cruz should never be able to win Massachusetts. Bernie Sanders should never win Utah.

The safe Dem and Safe Rep states should probably not allow that party to fall below 48% in that state (or some similar #).

16. RO May 10, 2015 at 9:09 pm #

I agree with Jonathan, US elections are really only fought in 7-10 states. In 2016 it will most likely be: Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Virginia, and possibly Wisconsin if Walker gets the nomination, even though the states trends left in presidential years.

Georgia has previously been a swing state and might become one again, probably before 2024 if current trends continue (the 2012 Obama campaign did consider targeting it, it had a competitive gubernatorial and senate election in 2014), dems are talking about making Arizona and Texas swing states although that is pretty far off looking at the two states demographics. Missouri used to be one although is probably not winnable for a democrat at the moment, much like Pennsylvania and Michigan used to be swing states but have gone for democrats more recently.

Another thing I noticed when playing as Hillary Clinton was that I could affect results in the republican primary. Not having an opponent I decided to run ads against Jed Bush, the leading contender in NY, PA and CT primaries. In all states his lead dropped and he ended up loosing those states. Im not sure what or how much can be done about this, nor do I know how primary voters would respond to this in real life, there would probably be a backlash if there was a concerted effort by one party to intervene in another partys primaries.

Id also like to clarify point 3 above. AI do not do interviews, at least in my games, which may be a big reason I always seem to be winning the game regardless of who I play and at what level I play it.

17. Les May 10, 2015 at 9:36 pm #

I agree with RO. Some of the states that set as “swing” states, are not at all. Minnesota as a swing state? Not exactly.

Also, why in the world are we not able to jump ahead to the convention anymore once we have the nomination locked up? I know this used to be a feature. There’s only so much fun that can be had doing the same thing turn after turn after turn. Is this something that will be added or can be modded?

18. anthony_270admin May 11, 2015 at 2:14 pm #

@Eric re education issue, feedback noted – thanks for this.

19. anthony_270admin May 11, 2015 at 2:15 pm #

An hypocrisy penalty is a good idea – noted.

20. anthony_270admin May 11, 2015 at 2:21 pm #

1. You’re right – computer players should fundraise more. AI fundraising has improved with a release a little while back, and will continue to improve. Thanks for this feedback.

2. I’ll be looking at voter movements and situations like this in detail in a while. Basically, the way voter movements work in the game is going to be replaced, with %s being based on Favorability numbers.

3. and 4. Thanks for this – noted.

5. Yes, it’s a bit dated. It will be updated in upcoming releases.

6. The 7 days per turn feature is one of the top priorities for PI. It should be added soon.

21. anthony_270admin May 11, 2015 at 2:23 pm #

Thanks for this feedback – the convention jump forward feature was removed because a 7 days per turn feature is going to be implemented. Instead of spending time fixing bugs with the fast forward feature, I decided to remove it, as it’s going to be removed regardless. I know it’s an inconvenience in the meantime, but the 7 days per turn feature will be implemented soon.

22. Bubbles May 11, 2015 at 3:13 pm #

@RO You raise 400-500 million O.O, I can barely raise enough to pay for my campaign!

23. Les May 11, 2015 at 5:11 pm #

Thanks as always for the quick response Anthony. Appreciate you listening to customer feedback to improve the game.

24. RO May 11, 2015 at 7:35 pm #

Thanks Anthony!
    @bubbles, I work on my fundraising a lot, increase it to 5, and increase my organization in the larger states and I fundraise quite a bit…dollas make me holla!

25. Falcon May 14, 2015 at 8:35 am #

John Bolton us most likely going to annonce a run

26. jesse May 14, 2015 at 12:35 pm #

Former Governor George Pataki will probably be running.

27. Bubbles May 14, 2015 at 9:01 pm #

@Anthony Can you explain what the Kickstarter donations will entail? Rewards wise.

28. anthony_270admin May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm #

The Kickstarter campaign has ended, so I don’t think you can donate to it anymore.

29. Bubbles May 16, 2015 at 6:56 pm #

@Anthony The Post says that the upcoming update will have Kickstarter for campaign in-game rewards, so I didn’t know if it started or not. ;-; I really wanted to help support 270soft, especially because I want some in-game rewards :D.

30. anthony_270admin May 19, 2015 at 11:34 am #

That’s the implementation of certain rewards for people who donated in the Kickstarter campaign.