President Infinity – Version Ericson – 2.0.4

President Infinity v. Ericson – 2.0.4 for Windows and Mac has been released!

If you are a President Infinity (President Forever 2016) owner, you are eligible for this upgrade.

What’s new in this upgrade

• Added 7 days per turn feature
  • Main Screen > added weekly calendar, which allows you to schedule upcoming activities and view upcoming events for the week at a glance, and skip ahead to see what’s coming in upcoming weeks
  • Main Screen > added HUD for regional items creating (Ballot, Targeting, Org. Strength, Footsoldiers, Polling)
  • Turn Summary > new sections for categorizing messages, clarified output for various messages
  • 2016 > added July 15th, 2015 primaries start date
  • 2016 > Rep, Dem > updated primaries dates
  • 2016 > Rep > updated primaries news story profiles
  • 2016 > Rep > Primaries > Michigan > 30 -> 59 seats
  • 2016 > Rep > Primaries > Florida > 50 -> 99 seats
  • 2016 > Rep > Primaries > Arizona > 29 -> 58 seats
  • 2016 > Rep, Dem > all ‘on’ by default candidates have unique colors
  • 2016 > Dem > Iowa > Clinton 52%, Sanders 33%, Biden 7%, O’Malley 3%, Webb 1%
  • 2016 > Dem > New Hampshire > Clinton 43%, Sanders 35%, Biden 8%, O’Malley 2%, Webb 1%
  • 2016 > Dem > Florida > Clinton 64%, Sanders 21%
  • 2016 > Dem > Michigan > Clinton 57%, Sanders 25%
  • 2016 > Kasich > -> ‘on’ by default, moved up list
  • 2016 > Kasich > funds $3.5 M -> $10 M
  • 2016 > Sanders > Primaries > $2.5 M -> $8.5 M
  • 2016 > Bush > $15 M -> $20 M
  • 2016 > Cruz > $5 M -> $10 M
  • 2016 > Carson > $5 M -> $10 M
  • 2016 > Paul > Surrogates > added Kelley Paul
  • 2016 > O’Malley > ‘Governor of Maryland’ -> ‘Former Governor of Maryland’
  • 2016 > Rep > Debates > updated August, September, February dates, August -> 2% threshold, added 2 debates in March
    Note: a top-ten threshold rule will be added in another release.
  • Main Screen > removed ‘Step’ information
  • Offers Screen > ‘NA Pact’ -> ‘Non-Aggression Pact’

What’s coming up in future updates, listed in terms of priority

• Bug fixes
  • Expanding the 2016 candidates (Trump, Chafee, Pataki)
  • Continuing implementation of Kickstarter campaign in-game rewards (surrogates and endorsers)
  • Favorability ratings that determine percentages (allows for more realistic modeling)

This is a comprehensive update.

You can download this release by requesting a download e-mail at the link below.

Important: when you receive the e-mail, you will want to download the file from the “windows president infinity” or “mac president infinity” link.

If for some reason there is no “windows president infinity” or “mac president infinity” link in your e-mail and you are a President Infinity (President Forever 2016) owner, please notify us and we will fix that for you.

40 Responses to President Infinity – Version Ericson – 2.0.4

1. Rophil July 5, 2015 at 5:29 am #

Very good work!

2. Mr_Falcon July 5, 2015 at 9:17 am #

@anthony

Don’t you think that Christie’s numbers should be lower? His current RCP Average is 3,8%, way lower than his numbers in the game.

3. Andy July 5, 2015 at 10:50 am #

Great updates! I’ve been very eager to play 7 day turns.

It seems like the surrogates are not barnstorming when set to automatic. Not seeing anything in the recap about it and not seeing any movement on the map or impact on momentum.

When I try to manually schedule barnstorming for the surrogate, I get a List Index Out of Bounds (1) error and the game shuts down.

4. Alistair July 5, 2015 at 11:39 am #

Good update, my save games don’t seem to be working though. Says ‘error 73902000 is not a valid date and time’

5. Ted July 5, 2015 at 11:54 am #

Excellent update! Tried two games hands-off. Both games were very competitive for both parties…in the second election, I still didn’t know which party would win until Alaska was called.

6. Jonathan July 5, 2015 at 12:13 pm #

Excellent update. My only gripe is with the percentages, especially since we can play starting in July 15, 2015. The Republicans are too strong. The polls should more accurately reflect the current polls, as we’re less than two months from this start date.

Additionally, when I space-barred through an election (as the Green, so I could watch), Republicans had over 400 EVs within a couple of months, before the primaries. It’s probably because Clinton takes a huge hit. She gets doubly hit as the whole party collapses when she falls, and her poll numbers verses the GOP are not reflected when the game begins.

Particularly weak are OR, NH, MI, PA, WA, WI, FL, and ME, which should be strongly DEM for July. I know this could reflect two things: 1) This presumes Clinton is the front-runner. 2) The GOP lack name recognition (this I disagree with). If Dems poll strongly because of Clinton’s name-recognition, and because Clinton’s the front-runner, then it should matter in the game that her lead is so strong, because she inevitably takes a major hit when she’s attacked by ally and foe alike, thus, naturally balancing the game. As it is, Republicans are way too strong. There’s very little argument so far for a Republican landslide in 2016, or for the Democrats. Although, the argument that Clinton would win the election if it were held today, is stronger than naming any Republican beating Clinton.

Maybe there should be both General Election % and Primary % (for the whole party). You could balance the General for now, but make the primary % reflect the current atmosphere?

Other than the percentages,I really like the update. The screen is good. The 7-day turn, and the ability to scroll through the news of the days past, scheduling, etc. are all great additions.

7. Aaron Booth July 5, 2015 at 12:17 pm #

Small thing: July 15th should be ordered in the drop-down box before October 15th and not after. (It is currently between the other two primary starting dates)

8. jesse July 5, 2015 at 12:21 pm #

I agree. The Republicans are way too strong. It seems like they almost always win California, Oregon, and Washington. It would take a very weird election for this to happen.

9. jesse July 5, 2015 at 12:22 pm #

Also, Christie go an endorsement from the Maine governor.

10. Aaron Booth July 5, 2015 at 12:26 pm #

Turning surrogates on “automatic” doesn’t have them do anything while in 7-day mode.

11. Aaron Booth July 5, 2015 at 12:29 pm #

Actually, scratch that: “Automatic” doesn’t work for surrogates at all (in either mode) in this update.

12. jesse July 5, 2015 at 12:34 pm #

Susan Collins, the Maine senator, endorsed Jeb Bush.

13. kevin July 5, 2015 at 12:53 pm #

I agree, very good update, and the fact that the surrogates don’t automatically barnstorm. Also, is it possible to insert a percentage chance that a candidate will enter the race? I started a game in July with all candidates starting as undecided. I was playing as Cruz, Cruz and Bush were the only ones who entered the race on the Republican side, and Clinton was the only candidate who entered on the Democratic side.
    Also, is it possible to automatically remove candidates from polls who haven’t entered by a certain date so you actually see how well you are doing in states for example I was up 40%- 15% in Iowa ahead of Bush three days before the Iowa Caucus, and he ended up winning 51-49% when all the other candidates, who never entered the race, percentages were distributed to each of us.

14. Andy July 5, 2015 at 1:52 pm #

I understand the logistics could be problematic but has there been any discussion of allowing headlines to be spun for the earlier days in the week when playing 7 day turns?

15. Alistair July 5, 2015 at 2:18 pm #

Have another problem-new CP system has me down 10 points for ad creating when I’m not making any ads. Means I can’t really do anything

16. Alistair July 5, 2015 at 2:24 pm #

apologies it was me being stupid, I needed to delete my old ads

17. Aaron Booth July 6, 2015 at 7:29 pm #

Just randomly got some error about a “floating point” after my first turn in 7 day mode with Sanders

18. Aaron Booth July 6, 2015 at 7:31 pm #

On 7 day mode, increasing org strength costs 2 CP’s for the entire 7 day period. On single day mode, it costs 2 CP’s every day.

19. Tanner July 6, 2015 at 7:37 pm #

Example: As Rubio starting out on one day turns… I choose to start by practicing issue knowledge and debate every day, while increasing organizational strength and foot soldiers in both IA and NH. Organizational Strength costs 2 cps each turn for five turns for both regions, while foot soldiers cost 1 CP per turn. Practicing Issue Famil and for debates also costs 1 each per turn.. So out of Rubio’s 7 daily CPs I use 4 for organizational strength, 2 for foot soldiers, and 2 more for issue and debate practice, leaving me at -1 CPs at the end of each of the first five turns. There are NO CPs left to put toward endorsers at all, until the 6th day when the organizational strength increases and I have 4 free CPs for the last two turns.

Playing 7 day turns though, for the first week I have 49 CPs, increasing organizational strength only costs 2 CPs, while increasing foot soldiers costs the full 7 it should. So by doing the same things I end up spending:
    4 CPs on organizational strength in IA and NH
    14 CPs on foot soldiers in IA and NH
    14 CPs on issue and debate practice each day for 7 days..
    That adds up to 32. This leaves 17 CPs I can put toward endorsers or advertising or anything!!

20. Nick July 6, 2015 at 9:14 pm #

Am I the only one have problems with Alaska voting…they always get cut off because their polls close at 11:59pm so none of their results count in the total.

21. Sean July 7, 2015 at 8:50 am #

Could you please add age and home state in the description of the candidates?

22. Lucas July 7, 2015 at 10:46 am #

I’d like to be able to save my games.

23. anthony_270admin July 7, 2015 at 2:02 pm #

@Rophil, thanks for this feedback!

24. anthony_270admin July 7, 2015 at 2:02 pm #

@Falcon re Christie’s %s, thanks for this – noted.

25. anthony_270admin July 7, 2015 at 2:03 pm #

@Andy re surrogates, thanks for this feedback. Should be fixed with the next update.

26. anthony_270admin July 7, 2015 at 2:04 pm #

@Alistair re save games, thanks for this. I will be testing save-loading to try to recreate this.

27. anthony_270admin July 7, 2015 at 2:05 pm #

@Jonathan re %s, I’ll be looking carefully at general election %s sometime soon.

28. anthony_270admin July 7, 2015 at 2:06 pm #

@Aaron re July 15th drop-down location,

Yes, you’re right about this. It’s ordered the way it is because the game takes the first one listed as the default one, and I want Oct. 15th as the default start. I might change how this works.

29. anthony_270admin July 7, 2015 at 2:07 pm #

@Jesse re Christie endorsement, thanks for this – noted.

30. anthony_270admin July 7, 2015 at 2:09 pm #

@Kevin re %s for decided candidates, thanks for this – noted.

31. anthony_270admin July 7, 2015 at 2:12 pm #

@Andy re headlines being spun for each day on 7 days per turn option,

It’s tricky. Yes, this could happen, but it would mean having to a) set aside CPs for spinning, and b) click through seven days for each turn – a bit unwieldy when the purpose of 7 days per turn is to expedite game play.

This will probably be changed when the news system is changed. At that point, this will be looked at carefully.

32. anthony_270admin July 7, 2015 at 2:43 pm #

@Aaron re Org. Strength CPs,

Thanks for this – should be fixed in next update.

33. anthony_270admin July 7, 2015 at 2:43 pm #

@Tanner,

Yes, this should be fixed with next update.

34. anthony_270admin July 7, 2015 at 2:44 pm #

@Nick,

Can you say more about what happens with election night and Alaska votes?

35. anthony_270admin July 7, 2015 at 2:45 pm #

@Sean re age and home state,

Feedback noted – currently, candidates don’t have age information, because it’s not used for anything.

36. Jim July 7, 2015 at 4:29 pm #

“Am I the only one who feels that playing a 7 day turns makes you have way more CPs than you otherwise would have had if you played 7 turns lasting one day?

4 CPs on organizational strength in IA and NH
    14 CPs on foot soldiers in IA and NH
    14 CPs on issue and debate practice each day for 7 days..

It appears to me what is making it unbalanced is that organizational strength only costs 2 CPs to increase a level at the start of a 7 day turn like it always has, but after this update on 1 day turns organizational strength costs 2 per turn (which it didn’t use to, in every version I’ve had before it was a one-time CP cost.)”

I am actually having the exact opposite issue on single day turns. I’m getting maybe one CP each turn for some reason.

37. anthony_270admin July 7, 2015 at 5:55 pm #

@Jim,

Do you mean you are getting 1 CP extra per turn, or you have only 1 CP in total?

38. Jim July 7, 2015 at 8:01 pm #

@anthony_270admin

I CP to use per turn.

The game starts out normal where you have 9/9 CP available. After maybe 10-15 turns….it’s 1/9 CP on every single turn. Doesn’t matter if you get endorsements or anything.

39. anthony_270admin July 7, 2015 at 8:17 pm #

@Jim,

Ok, i’ll attempt to recreate this. To be clear, you aren’t creating things (like Target, Org. Strength, Footsoldiers, Polling, Surrogates, and so on) that take CPs every turn?

40. Jim July 7, 2015 at 8:59 pm #

After encountering problems, I tried one time through without doing anything expect barnstorming for about 3 weeks and it was the same thing. It’s like it was never reimbursing me back my points at the end of the turn.