Upcoming President Infinity – Version Ericson – 2.0.5

Hi everyone,

This post will keep track of changes to the upcoming version of President Infinity v. Ericson – 2.0.5, and includes an estimated release date for it (as with any estimate, this can change).

This update will focus on bug fixes. If you are experiencing a bug in President Infinity, please post a description of it here, including a) what message you receive (if any), b) when or where it occurs, c) how to reliably generate the bug (if applicable).

Est. release date: Saturday, July 11th.

Changes so far (this list will be updated as changes are implemented on this side, these changes will not be available until the version is released):

• loading game > fixed ‘date time’ bug
  • Surrogates > automated > fixed bug where would not campaign
  • 1 day per turn mode > increasing Org. Strength now takes 2 CPs just on the first turn
  • 7 days per turn mode > ads run every day, instead of just first day
  • Ads Screen > modified how information displayed
  • Fixed bug where players could select Veep candidates who shouldn’t be available
  • Changed code for ad CP calculation, which might fix bug reported with ads continuing to cost CPs even though created
  • Fixed bug where momentum not decreasing quickly enough, leading to lopsided %s
  • Main Map > 2016, 2012, 2008, 1968, 1912 > GA, AR > moved state abbrev. right
  • 2016 > added Mr. Donald Trump

36 Responses to Upcoming President Infinity – Version Ericson – 2.0.5

1. Lucas July 7, 2015 at 1:17 pm #

Once I get past Iowa, win or lose, no matter who I play as, saving my game is a bit of a crapshoot.

2. Luki July 7, 2015 at 1:31 pm #

Hey Anthony,
    I’m so sorry to annoy you but did you recieve my E-Mail?
    Didn’t get any respond 🙁

Sincerely,
    Luki

3. anthony_270admin July 7, 2015 at 2:46 pm #

@Lucas,

Ok, thanks for this – I will try to replicate it.

4. anthony_270admin July 7, 2015 at 2:47 pm #

@Luki,

Yes, I have received your e-mail. I should be able to respond soon.

5. anthony_270admin July 7, 2015 at 8:12 pm #

loading game > fixed ‘date time’ bug.
    Surrogates > automated > fixed bug where would not campaign.

6. Aaron Booth July 7, 2015 at 11:02 pm #

Playing as Clinton, all three games while in 7 day mode, Republicans always end up leading in New York, Massachusettes, etc by the second month of the campaign. It feels like while in 7 day mode, you loose a lot of ground. Like when I clinched the nomination in the last game as Clinton, the Dems were down to a low single digit lead in California and losing Massachusetts, New York, Illinois, Minnesota, etc. That just seems far and away out of the realm of possibilities. Not sure what the problem exactly is though that is causing this. Anyone else having the same or similar problems?

7. Luki July 8, 2015 at 2:40 am #

Ok thanks! 🙂
    I do not like this too, but your games are just so awesome! Especially for a political nerd like me.

8. anthony_270admin July 8, 2015 at 1:15 pm #

1 day per turn mode > increasing Org. Strength now takes 2 CPs just on the first turn.

9. anthony_270admin July 8, 2015 at 2:18 pm #

7 days per turn mode > ads run every day, instead of just first day.

10. anthony_270admin July 8, 2015 at 2:29 pm #

@Aaron, I’ll keep an eye out for this.

11. Jonathan July 8, 2015 at 4:09 pm #

@Anthony

I think you might need to make voters more committed, because both times I simulated through an election, spacebaring as the Green Party, Republicans have gained landslides within a couple of months and maintain 10 to 20% leads throughout the election.

In this latest simulation, starting in July 15, Christie wins the election over O’Malley, with 404 EVs to 134. Christie got 58.7% of the popular vote, O’Malley with 40.3%. I exported the results if it would help for me to send them to you. I should note that this is after I strengthened Clinton’s percentages in states like WI, OH, FL, etc, to reflect what I posted in the SC forum. She starts with about a projected 300 EVs and loses it rapidly within a month. One of the seven-day turns, for whatever reason, shot Reps from a projected 200 EVs to 286. Also, I should note that I did not change voter commitment.

Here are some of the state results, which seem to be impossible, and which may explain some of the problems that give Republicans a major advantage in the game:
    MT 86.6% Rep
    CO 87.1% Rep
    NV 97.5% Rep
    TX 95% Rep
    OK 82.6% Rep
    NE 88.3% Rep
    AR 94.8% Rep
    WI 71.7% Rep
    AL 98.7% Rep
    DE 83.3% Rep
    MA 85% Rep

It’s like they had major Jim Crow laws for any registered Democrat. All other states were somewhat competitive or close to realistic numbers.

It should be noted that in the election, for several months, Reps had 56% in the polls with Dems at 30%. Some states had Reps with 48% in the polls with Dems at 18% mid-election.

12. anthony_270admin July 8, 2015 at 4:16 pm #

@Jonathan – thanks for this. Should be fixed with the next release.

13. Aaron Booth July 8, 2015 at 4:37 pm #

@Jonathan “It’s like they had major Jim Crow laws for any registered Democrat.” lol, I got a good chuckle out of that one.

14. Ted July 8, 2015 at 4:39 pm #

Spacebarred a game. John Kasich won the Republican nomination…and chose Kirby as his VP. I double checked in “campaign editor” and Kirby shouldn’t be a VP option for Kasich (or any Republican).

15. anthony_270admin July 8, 2015 at 4:50 pm #

@Ted,

This is a bug – it also happens with Biden for Dems, where he isn’t on the VP list for the other candidates. Thanks for this – should be fixed with next release.

16. anthony_270admin July 8, 2015 at 6:41 pm #

Ads Screen > modified how information displayed.

17. Nathan July 9, 2015 at 1:37 am #

Anthony, will you include Jim Gilmore as a new candidate in an upcoming update? He has announced his intention to run recently.

18. Kevin July 9, 2015 at 2:55 pm #

Is it a bug that radio and newspaper ads continue to cost 1 command point per turn for “ad creation” even once they are already created? TV ads to not appear to have this behavior and it seems new to this game. Even when the ads are done running they will continue to cost a command point until I manually delete them.

19. Kevin July 9, 2015 at 2:59 pm #

Note for ad bug posted above it appears to be happening for Jeb, but not necessarily for all candidates.

20. anthony_270admin July 9, 2015 at 3:20 pm #

Fixed bug where players could select Veep candidates who shouldn’t be available.

21. anthony_270admin July 9, 2015 at 3:21 pm #

@Kevin,

Yes, sounds like a bug. I’ll try to recreate it.

22. benji July 9, 2015 at 3:25 pm #

Any time table on convention balloting working? It’s kinda lame in the old scenarios when somebody wins 178-176 at a convention with 1000+ delegates.

23. Eric July 9, 2015 at 3:42 pm #

You might want to tweak percentages a bit. I have a game starting from July 15; by the first debate, all the Republicans had cleared 3%. If I’m remembering right, they all start above 2%.

24. Eric July 9, 2015 at 4:52 pm #

For whatever this (http://www.270towin.com/2016-republican-nomination/) is worth, the top 10 are all above 3.5%, and the rest are all below.

25. anthony_270admin July 9, 2015 at 5:03 pm #

@Eric,

The debates will feature a top-n feature, where n is a number above 2. It will probably be added with the update after the next.

26. anthony_270admin July 9, 2015 at 7:52 pm #

2016 > added Mr. Donald Trump.

27. Dallas July 9, 2015 at 9:41 pm #

Glad to see Donald in the next update. If everything goes well, the update could be released this Saturday! Always fun to test new candidates. I have enjoyed playing with the new 7-day per turn feature; very fun and makes the game more playable. With all of that said, I really hope this update is not delayed simply to test Donald Trump! No pressure Anthony 🙂 keep up the good work!

28. anthony_270admin July 10, 2015 at 12:03 pm #

@Dallas,

At this point, I expect it to be released on Saturday.

29. Jonathan July 10, 2015 at 12:33 pm #

Will the other declared candidates not yet in the game be included in the Trump update?

30. anthony_270admin July 10, 2015 at 5:11 pm #

Changed code for ad CP calculation, which might fix bug reported with ads continuing to cost CPs even though created.
    Main Map > 2016, 2012, 2008, 1968, 1912 > GA, AR > moved state abbrev. right.

31. anthony_270admin July 10, 2015 at 5:12 pm #

No, Trump will be the only new candidate in this release.

32. anthony_270admin July 10, 2015 at 6:25 pm #

Fixed bug where momentum not decreasing quickly enough, leading to lopsided %s.

33. Josh July 10, 2015 at 8:21 pm #

When doing a game with no announced candidates, Jeb and Rand were the only to in the GOP to announce. Rand had his own polling in Iowa and his polling was at 4 level.

The day of Iowa, Rand was in the lead with 25 percent of the vote, Jeb had 5 and the other undeclared candidates had the remaining 70 percent.

Jeb won the caucus taking 65 percent of that remaining 70 percent.

Is there a bug within there? That just isnt realistic, I wouldn’t think.

34. anthony_270admin July 11, 2015 at 10:41 am #

@Josh,

Thanks for this feedback – noted. I can’t say if it’s unrealistic or not, because the game is looking at people’s first preferences among undecided (or whatever) candidates. What should be done is that the game switches to poll results only for candidates who are officially in the race at some point before a primary.

35. anthony_270admin July 11, 2015 at 10:42 am #

@Benji,

Conventions is a major feature on the to-do list. It will probably be started after the Favorability feature is implemented.

36. anthony_270admin July 11, 2015 at 10:45 am #

@Nathan re Gilmore,

Only is he starts to get traction.