Upcoming President Infinity – Version Ericson – 2.2.7

Hi everyone,

This post will keep track of changes to the upcoming version of President Infinity v. Ericson – 2.2.7.

Changes so far (this list will be updated as changes are implemented on this side, these changes will not be available until the version is released):

• New spin system
  • Ground Ops > if more than 3 months before an election, the Power is multiplied by 0 (so, it’s 0 regardless of Org. Strength and Footsoldiers), if 3 months before, it’s multiplied by 1/3, if 2 months before, it’s 2/3, if 1 month before, it’s full power
  • % research scandal increases half as quickly, starts at 0.5% instead of 1%
  • Relations now have greater impact on chance NA pact
  • Relations improve automatically by 1 per week (used to be approx. 1 every day and half), and only if relations < 50
  • added United States – 1980
  • 2016 > Cruz > Strategic 1 -> 2
  • 2016 > Clinton > Stamina 4 -> 3
  • 2016 > Warren > Leadership 3 -> 4
  • 2016 > Sanders > Strategic 1 -> 2
  • 2016 > Huckabee > Debating 3 -> 4
  • 2016 > Relations > Trump-Christie > Normal -> Good
  • 2016 > Veeps > Republicans > added Sen. Jeff Sessions, Spkr. Newt Gingrich, Sen. Scott Brown, Sen. Bob Corker
  • 2016 > Trump > Research 1 -> 3
  • 2016 > Trump > Ads 1 -> 2
  • 2016 > Trump > Command 2 -> 3
  • 2016 > updated Huckabee image
  • 2016 > updated Jeb Bush image
  • 2016 > updated Christie image
  • 2016 > Events > March 14, 2016 > added “Russians Begin Withdrawal from Syria”
  • 2016 > Events > March 22, 2016 > added “Brussels Terrorist Attacks”
  • fixed bug where message on election night occurred calling election for player who didn’t actually win
  • Editor > fixed bug where deleting leader would cause error due to not being on all ballots (ex., official 1968 campaign)
  • Editor > fixed bug where error if no debates for a party or in general election
  • Editor > Regions > general election > no longer have PR option
  • 1968 > Endorsers > fixed bug that would occur when viewing all endorsers
  • Select Campaign Screen > fixed bug where blurb didn’t update when switched between primaries and general election

207 Responses to Upcoming President Infinity – Version Ericson – 2.2.7

1. Kevin March 3, 2016 at 5:02 pm #

@Anthony_270admin, when do you expect the favorability rating feature to be ready and placed in the game, I am not asking a specific date or anything, just a general time frame.

2. anthony_270admin March 3, 2016 at 6:44 pm #

1968 > Endorsers > fixed bug that would occur when viewing all endorsers.

3. anthony_270admin March 3, 2016 at 6:45 pm #

@Kevin,

No ETA. It’s the next major feature to be implemented.

4. Dallas March 3, 2016 at 8:03 pm #

Using version 2.2.6, I attempted to play the 2008 scenario as Democrat Mark Warner, got a violation message and said the game tried starting in 1899..also, will you finish the 2012 election at some point? Besides 2016 election, that is my favorite, and I feel like it’s lacking compared to the other scenarios.

5. anthony_270admin March 3, 2016 at 8:06 pm #

Ground Ops > if more than 3 months before an election, the Power is multiplied by 0 (so, it’s 0 regardless of Org. Strength and Footsoldiers), if 3 months before, it’s multiplied by 1/3, if 2 months before, it’s 2/3, if 1 month before, it’s full power.

6. anthony_270admin March 3, 2016 at 8:09 pm #

@Dallas,

Thanks for this – noted.

Yes, 2012 will probably be updated.

7. jesse March 3, 2016 at 8:54 pm #

Is there a way that the forums and undercard debates that have happened during this election season could be included?

8. Dylan K March 4, 2016 at 8:02 am #

I’m wondering if there is any update on the bug (or whatever it is) where saving messes up and says ‘Unable to write to specified save game file.’ While I’ve mostly gotten around this issue by leaving PI running in the background until I’m done with the current campaign, a) it means I can’t restart the computer for any reason, b) if I’m in a situation where restarting is necessary, I lose my information, and c) it means I can’t cross test (recently what I’ve been doing is mess around with the campaign editor so I can learn the individual features, such as the full extent of polls, while setting myself fun challenges such as: can I beat Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton as a horse.). The fact that I can’t jump across saves to compare makes it a bit harder task.

Anyway, any update on that?

9. anthony_270admin March 4, 2016 at 2:02 pm #

@Dallas re 2008,

Are you able to consistently create this error with Warner? If so, where does the error occur?

10. anthony_270admin March 4, 2016 at 2:10 pm #

2016 > Sanders > Primaries > Command 1 -> 2.
    2016 > Sanders > Primaries > Spin 1 -> 2.

11. anthony_270admin March 4, 2016 at 3:38 pm #

@Jesse re forums and undercard debates,

It’s possible – feedback noted, we’ll see.

12. anthony_270admin March 4, 2016 at 4:22 pm #

@Dylan K.,

Are you consistently experiencing this bug? If so, are you using large numbers of candidates when starting (more than by default)? Also, what operating system are you using?

13. Dylan K. March 4, 2016 at 5:32 pm #

I’m playing on Windows. And it’s odd; usually when I start a campaign I can save fine, but at a seemingly random point later (or at least a point that I haven’t been able to find consistently) it comes up with that error. Has affected four campaigns so far (which total my number of campaigns I’ve played on 2.2.5 and 2.2.6).

And yes, I am definitely playing with a lot more candidates than by default. Does that cause problems?

14. anthony_270admin March 4, 2016 at 5:57 pm #

@Dylan K.,

Yes, having large numbers of candidates is a known problem. Basically, the main save file increases in size as a game goes on, and at some point (if enough candidates are active) it can be too large to save.

15. Dylan K. March 4, 2016 at 6:05 pm #

@anthony
    Ah. Okay. I’ll keep that in mind, and until it’s fixed use a sensible (if less fun) number of candidates.

16. Dallas March 4, 2016 at 8:09 pm #

@Anthony I tried it again and the error did not appear. It seemed to happen that one time.

17. Dallas March 5, 2016 at 11:58 am #

Also, I noticed in version 2.2.6 playing as Bernie Sanders in the 2016 scenario primaries, when I got endorsed by Martin O’ Malley, it seems like most of the momentum went to Hillary Clinton and not me. After the endorsement, her points went through the roof, while mine went up just a little, making it harder to defeat her. That happened again when I was endorsed by Jim Webb. Not sure if this is a bug or not. And the Democrats general election numbers go do really easily, making it easy to defeat them as Republicans and helps third parties gain a lot of point, which makes it harder to make a comeback as the Democrats.

18. Aaron March 5, 2016 at 2:56 pm #

@Dallas I haven’t come across that in the primaries, but I know it has to do with momentum and not just a factor of being endorsed. So if Bernie as +0.5 momentum and Hillary has +1.5. Theoretically, she would then get more of the drop out’s %’s.

I absolutely agree that the GE should be change somehow. I find it MUCH easier to win as a Republican than as a Democrat. It seems like the states like MI & M go Red much easier as a Republican than states like IN as a Democrat.

19. Kyle March 6, 2016 at 12:40 am #

I was thinking about potentially setting thresholds for candidates to meet, and if they don’t meet them, have them drop out. It is frustrating to have the 15 candidates in the race through the middle of March. Also, I’d like it to be easier to get an endorsement or withdrawal from a candidate who is almost mathematically eliminated (one game, I couldn’t get Rick Santorum of all people to endorse me!) Are any of those things possible?

20. Nick March 7, 2016 at 5:36 pm #

Bloomberg’s not running but the article shows where they would have focused. In addition, Bloomberg would have asked Former Joint Chiefs of Staff Mike Mullen to be his running mate.

21. Eric March 7, 2016 at 5:50 pm #

He said he would have entered if Sanders looked stronger, but he had already made it clear he would not run against Clinton. Is there a way for game mechanics to replicate this? If not, you could have a difference of average ratings: (Lead Democrat – Bloomberg) and (Lead Republican – Bloomberg), and if they both exceed a certain level, he joins.

22. Rophil March 8, 2016 at 12:00 pm #

I think Romney’s polls should be changed in Utah, Michigan, New Hampshire and Massachusetts. He is actually stronger in these states. I would put him at 60% in Utah, 50% in Massachusetts, and 30% in New Hampshire and Michigan.

23. anthony_270admin March 8, 2016 at 4:27 pm #

@Dallas re endorsements,

Thanks for this – I’ve noted it.

24. anthony_270admin March 8, 2016 at 4:58 pm #

@Kyle,

Yes, the algorithm for deciding how computer players drop out is on the to-do list to be modified. Basically, it seems people drop out when they either a) have no money to continue operations (built up, then can’t sustain, such as Walker, Perry, say), and so have to, or b) see no realistic path to the nomination (Huckabee and Santorum after Iowa, say).

25. anthony_270admin March 8, 2016 at 5:09 pm #

@Nick,

Thanks for this – might add Mullen as potential Bloomberg veep nominee.

26. anthony_270admin March 8, 2016 at 5:16 pm #

@Eric re Bloomberg,

Tricky to simulate that.

27. anthony_270admin March 8, 2016 at 5:18 pm #

@Rophil,

I agree with your intuition that he would be higher in those states, but it’s pretty difficult to say exactly what %s without polling data. I’ve noted this, though.

28. Jonathan March 8, 2016 at 7:15 pm #

@Anthony
    This isn’t that big of a deal, but I think the “what if” candidates for the 2016 election should probably have about 5 to 10% in their home states. For example, I turned on Julian Castro and realized he had 0% in Texas despite having gained 3% in several other states after a month of campaigning.

29. anthony_270admin March 8, 2016 at 7:19 pm #

Yes – I believe most of the what-if candidates have home state %s > 0, but some might be missed. Noted.

30. Jonathan March 8, 2016 at 11:10 pm #

@Anthony

Do you think you should add a negative momentum event for when someone loses their home state in a primary? Maybe even one for polling behind as well.

31. Jesse March 8, 2016 at 11:33 pm #

@Jonathan
    I think that I a great idea. There has been a lot of media coverage talking about if a candidate looses their home state, they should drop out(Ted Cruz before Super Tuesday and now Rubio). Also, it should make more of an impact on a candidate dropping out.

32. Ashley March 9, 2016 at 1:20 pm #

Hi,
    I recently switched computers, and noticed an issue that arises with trying to move my President Infinity custom scenarios and associated saves over. The saves look for the exact filepath that the custom scenario was previously located at to load information from, and have become unplayable for me as my username on this computer is not identical to that of my old computer. In other words, the saves are looking for files from:
    C:\Users\[old name]\Documents\President Infinity
    While the files in question are now located at:
    C:\Users\[new name]\Documents\President Infinity
    There’s no way that I can see for me to change this. I’ve given up and just started new games, but this struck me as something I should probably report, since I’m sure there must be a better way to handle this. (Perhaps assigning scenarios unique IDs, and having the save file search the user’s scenario path for the ID rather than searching for a specific filepath?)

33. Jonathan March 9, 2016 at 1:58 pm #

Maybe also add incumbent president’s approval rating and an economic meter, since those influence elections. Clinton/Sanders chances of victory will hinge upon these factors.

34. anthony_270admin March 9, 2016 at 4:28 pm #

@Jonathan re losing home state news story,

Yes, noted.

35. anthony_270admin March 9, 2016 at 4:30 pm #

@Ashley,

Yes, this could be modified so porting save games works, but this seems like a pretty rare case.

To load your save games, open them up in a pure text editor (Notepad might work, I haven’t tested it) and search for the old path. Then replace it with the new path. Repeat until no more instances. Also check each sub-save file (the same start with a different extension).

36. Ashley March 9, 2016 at 7:13 pm #

I’d say it’s less rare than you’d think. :p I understand if it’s work you don’t think is worth it, but it’s just a bit frustrating as a user. (I’d imagine this will keep me from being able to hotseat a multiplayer game with people via email.)

Thanks for the response, though!

37. Eric March 9, 2016 at 9:09 pm #

Has the Flint water crisis been made an event?

38. Brendan March 10, 2016 at 2:33 am #

I’m attempting to make my own scenario with a proportional electoral college. The problem is, when I set all the states to proportional, they still come out as winner take all in the projections and election result. I’m assuming that this is a bug?

39. Nick March 10, 2016 at 11:58 am #

@Brendan – I’ve had a similar problem, I think others have too.

40. Nick March 10, 2016 at 11:59 am #

@Ashley – Don’t know if this would solve the problem but if you save the file on Google Drive or Dropbox it might solve it (everyone accesses the file in the same place each time).

41. anthony_270admin March 10, 2016 at 5:06 pm #

@Eric,

Noted – thanks.

42. anthony_270admin March 10, 2016 at 5:07 pm #

@Brendan,

It’s a bug with the Editor – it shouldn’t allow that option. It’s on the to-do list.

43. anthony_270admin March 10, 2016 at 5:09 pm #

@Ashley,

It’s impossible to know, automatically, where those campaign files will be on a new system. It’s possible to add an import save game option, which automatically resets the path. We’ll see.

44. lordbeckett March 11, 2016 at 12:31 pm #

Is there any plan to change how people drop out, they all blindly endorse the number candidate right now, and the convention goes to whomever has the most delegates regardless of any other qualifiers.

45. Sean March 11, 2016 at 3:39 pm #

I highly recommend you add the option to do Town Halls.

46. jesse March 11, 2016 at 8:33 pm #

There was a huge protest at a Trump rally today that shut down the rally.

47. Marcus March 11, 2016 at 10:31 pm #

I posted about this on a previous thread but when I play the game from the primaries with Hillary Clinton… I’m not receiving the option to accept/decline the block grant and my speeches are not being replenished.

48. jesse March 12, 2016 at 10:20 am #

Recently, the US Virgin Islands voted to have all its delegates uncommitted until the convention. Is there a way where this could be modeled in the game?

49. Dylan March 12, 2016 at 4:47 pm #

I can see rallies being cancelled due to protest once Anthony figures how to implement favourability.

50. anthony_270admin March 12, 2016 at 5:47 pm #

@Jesse,

Thanks for this – at this point, it’s not a top priority, but I suppose it could be modeled in some way.

51. anthony_270admin March 12, 2016 at 5:48 pm #

@Lordbeckett re changing how candidates drop out,

Yes, changing this is on the to-do list.

52. anthony_270admin March 12, 2016 at 7:08 pm #

@Marcus,

I have not been able to recreate that bug. Do you have a save game you can load to just before the general election that can consistently recreate this?

53. Kevin March 12, 2016 at 7:53 pm #

2.2.6 (Mac) continues to crash on each turn.

Any updates on the stability?

54. Marcus March 13, 2016 at 6:30 am #

I can get one for you… how would I upload it?

55. Kevin March 13, 2016 at 1:20 pm #

To be specific whenever you double click on a state from the “Strategy” menu, it opens two windows instead of one. When you close the second window, the entire program crashes.

Thank you!

56. Rophil March 14, 2016 at 5:25 am #

I think Rubio should get a higher % in Puerto Rico, where he got a really easy victory

57. jesse March 14, 2016 at 4:14 pm #

@Rophil
    I agree. Rubio dominated in Puerto Rico, and I doubt that he was ever low in the polls there. I also doubt that Trump was ahead in Puerto Rico.

58. anthony_270admin March 15, 2016 at 1:25 pm #

@Kevin re Mac version opening two windows,

I’ve noted this. Note you don’t need to double-click on states in the Strategy Screen. I will attempt to replicate this.

59. anthony_270admin March 15, 2016 at 1:26 pm #

@Rophil,

Yes, Puerto Rico %s will be updated.

60. anthony_270admin March 15, 2016 at 1:26 pm #

@Marcus,

For now, hold off on this. If it still happens with the next update, please let me know.

61. Falcon March 15, 2016 at 3:47 pm #

Will you add the 2000 Canadian campaign to Canada Prime Minister infinity?

62. anthony_270admin March 15, 2016 at 5:58 pm #

@Falcon re 2000 campaign for PMI – Canada,

In the works. 🙂

63. William J Bryan March 17, 2016 at 8:16 pm #

I was thinking just earlier how Trump or Cruz could secure an endorsement from someone like Rubio who has a decent amount of delegates and I was thinking why not have a cabinet position being available to be offered. I mean you can’t offer vp slot till you secure a majority of delegates but if you don’t reach enough delegates and need a candidates delegates why not a cabinet position. Just a thought.

64. Liam March 18, 2016 at 4:02 pm #

Will Lincoln Chaffee be added to the Democratic Party Presidential Primary Candidates?

65. Chris March 19, 2016 at 9:24 am #

Are we getting any closer to getting the favorability feature? I don’t mean to be a pain but it seems like it was announced months ago.

66. anthony_270admin March 19, 2016 at 3:36 pm #

@Chris,

It’s going to take awhile. It won’t be in the next update.

67. anthony_270admin March 19, 2016 at 3:36 pm #

@Liam,

It’s on the to-do list.

68. anthony_270admin March 19, 2016 at 3:39 pm #

@William,

The general idea of Cabinet slots and so on is an interesting one. Basically, the PIP system will be modified to reflect these sorts of considerations, although probably not with specific positions.

69. Will March 19, 2016 at 5:52 pm #

On the old engine, there was an option to fast forward to the convention once you had secured the nomination. Would it be possible to implement this for the new engine? Even with 7 days a turn (which I don’t use personally) I think that in most cases it is a few months between securing the nomination and the convention, especially in the scenarios pre-2016 and I think it would be better to have the ability to skip this gameplay where nothing of much importance can be done due to still being in the primaries stage.

70. Jonathan March 19, 2016 at 8:24 pm #

I’d like to see the election fast-forwarded if you happen to lose the nomination. This way you can see the end result. Otherwise, it’s like the candidate is executed, because he/she never gets to see the future.

71. William March 20, 2016 at 3:36 pm #

@anthony well maybe the pip can regenerate based on how well you are doing because if you are a lower tier candidate you use them all up before the votes just to stay alive. Maybe a regeneration based on if your standing improves. Because you definitely would have more political influence if you are the leading contender for your party’s nomination. Sorry about lack of punctuation writing this on break real quick lol

72. jesse March 22, 2016 at 5:52 pm #

Would it be possible for if-then events to be added? For example, in my 1824 scenario, it would be nice to be able to model the so-called “Corrupt Bargain”. So, if Henry Clay is not in the top 3 and if John Quincy Adams is in the top 3 and if the election goes to the House of Representatives, then John Quincy Adams wins the election. Another example would be if Henry Clay is in the top 3 and if the election goes to the House, then Henry Clay wins the election. Henry Clay most likely would have won the election if he was still in when it went to the House.

73. anthony_270admin March 22, 2016 at 6:29 pm #

@Jesse,

There’s already an if-then ability for events, but this specific functionality (if in top 3) isn’t there. Maybe in the future.

74. anthony_270admin March 22, 2016 at 6:54 pm #

@William re PIPs,

Yes – I want to modify the PIPs system to allow more for someone who’s chances at winning the nomination have increased.

75. anthony_270admin March 22, 2016 at 6:56 pm #

@Jonathan re fast-forwarding if lose nomination,

Playing as whoever wins the nomination is on to-do list.

76. anthony_270admin March 22, 2016 at 6:57 pm #

@Will re fast-forward,

No, fast-forward was a stop-gap measure, and I don’t plan to re-implement it. 3 months, say, = 15 turns.

77. jesse March 22, 2016 at 11:02 pm #

Also for events, could there be arrows that could order events on the list(like the one with parties)?

78. William March 23, 2016 at 1:30 am #

@anthony yeah that sounds great I love the game ya’ll have done such a great job on the many games ya’ll have created. Keep up the good work!!!

79. anthony_270admin March 23, 2016 at 6:14 pm #

@William,

Thanks for the feedback!

80. anthony_270admin March 23, 2016 at 6:15 pm #

@Jesse,

Events are listed by date in the drop-down box.

81. Raj March 24, 2016 at 5:37 pm #

Found an error: Playing as Rockefeller in the 1968 version after the first 3 states, I would go into a state leading by like 15-20 points, plus 15 momentum and then lose all my vote to the second place challenger and this kept repeating itself over and over again. Don’t know why this happening. It seems improbable to have 70% of the vote in West Virginia the day off and then drop down to zero.

82. Aaron March 24, 2016 at 5:40 pm #

Any plans to have endorsers reopen after the candidate that they endorsed drops out? I know it has been discussed before. As well as making all former candidates endorsers.

83. Rophil March 26, 2016 at 10:34 am #

@Anthony
    Could you change the colors of 2008 campaign candidates? It would be more pleasant

84. AJ March 26, 2016 at 11:50 pm #

I’m getting an error PI.exe is not responding everytime a candidate drops out in the primaries

85. anthony_270admin March 29, 2016 at 3:17 pm #

@Jesse,

Thanks for this – might be an opening for Libertarians this year.

86. anthony_270admin March 29, 2016 at 3:19 pm #

@AJ,

I’ve noted this and will attempt to recreate. Can you tell me what operating system you are using and your game version number (right-side of Start Screen)?

87. anthony_270admin March 29, 2016 at 3:19 pm #

@Rophil re 2008 colors,

Noted.

88. anthony_270admin March 29, 2016 at 3:21 pm #

@Aaron re endorsers,

It’s noted – we’ll see.

89. anthony_270admin March 29, 2016 at 3:22 pm #

@Raj re glitch playing in 1968,

Ok, noted – thanks for this.

90. Sean Sabolesky March 29, 2016 at 5:09 pm #

You could consider adding town halls. They could start out weak but eventually help slowing big dips in momentum ice you do enough town halls in that state.

91. anthony_270admin March 29, 2016 at 5:44 pm #

@Sean,

I’ll think about this – thanks for this.

92. Sean Sabolesky March 29, 2016 at 7:26 pm #

Another idea is to do different types of funding, Clinton and Bush obviously has different fundraising than Carson and Sanders. Where Carson and Sanders use internet funds and Clinton and Bush get giant superpac funding.

93. anthony_270admin March 30, 2016 at 12:02 pm #

@Sean,

Yes – to an extent, this is modeled by different Super PAC strengths for the candidates.

94. anthony_270admin March 31, 2016 at 1:03 pm #

Select Campaign Screen > fixed bug where blurb didn’t update when switched between primaries and general election.

95. AJ April 2, 2016 at 8:50 pm #

@Anthony I’m using version 2.2.6 and 64-bit Operating System

96. Brendan April 3, 2016 at 11:44 pm #

In response to Gary Johnson getting 11%. He’s being tightly challenged by Austin Petersen, and McAfee was also invited to the first Libertarian televised primary debate. They both deserve to be added as candidates.

97. Dylan April 4, 2016 at 10:23 am #

@Brendan

I don’t think Johnson is being challenged seriously, he is the only with experience and name recognition within the party.

98. Chad April 5, 2016 at 12:19 pm #

Will there be a tweak with general election polling? If I have a certain amount of candidates or certain candidates on/off it massively flips the entire country D or R

99. anthony_270admin April 5, 2016 at 6:20 pm #

@AJ,

Windows or Mac? Which operating system number? (Windows 10? Mac OS X Yosemite? and so on)

100. anthony_270admin April 5, 2016 at 7:01 pm #

@Chad,

I’ve noted this – yes, this should be fixed when Favorability is implemented (next major feature on to-do list, but not ETA for it).

101. anthony_270admin April 6, 2016 at 5:44 pm #

added United States – 1980.

102. Eric April 6, 2016 at 6:06 pm #

With all the protestors going after Trump, is there a mechanism for having certain candidates more likely to have “Protestors disrupt [CANDIDATE] event”? Obviously, not Trump-specific. Maybe a candidate with certain prominence who has a Right or Far-Right position on an issue with High or Very High relevance? Particularly if it’s a social issue; most of the protests have been about “hate”, i.e. immigration and BLM, and not so much about “favoring the rich” or military policy.

103. EdgarAllenYolo April 6, 2016 at 7:18 pm #

For the 1980 scenario. You should add Donald Rumsfeld as a running mate option for the Republicans, since he was heavily considered to be Ronald Reagan’s running mate in 1980 until he picked George H.W. Bush instead.

104. Brendan April 6, 2016 at 9:51 pm #

@Dylan

If you think that you didn’t watch the Libertarian debate… Petersen and McAfee both beat him in polls in winner of the debate. There is a serious challenge. It’s not hard to add a candidate like Petersen and McAfee, especially when Ventura isn’t even running and he’s a candidate.

105. anthony_270admin April 7, 2016 at 12:05 pm #

@EdgarAllenYolo,

Rumsfeld added.

106. Falcon April 7, 2016 at 1:45 pm #

Could be fun to add Udall as a potential challenger?

107. Jonathan April 7, 2016 at 4:23 pm #

Yeah, Udall is a must

108. William April 8, 2016 at 11:53 pm #

I think Ted Cruz’s Strategy Attribute should be upgraded to a 3 if not then at least a 2, he has proven to be a great strategist over and over and even now he is showing how good he is by running a great campaign.

109. jesse April 9, 2016 at 11:50 pm #

I think Trump’s ground rating should be reduced to 1. He has constantly been out-maneuvered in these caucuses and state/county/congressional district conventions which rely on ground game. I think there is an argument for improving Sanders and Cruz’s ground rating to 3 as they have relied on a grass-roots campaign and both have done well in caucus state. Plus, going back to the Trump part, Cruz has outmaneuvered Trump in these state convention where delegates are elected getting his supporter in which will help past the second round in a contested convention. It also helped in North Dakota where he got 18 delegates on his slate elected. In Colorado, Cruz got all of the delegates at the district and state conventions. In Wyoming, Cruz dominated in the county conventions(with the state convention still to come). Also, Cruz could get more delegates than Trump in Louisiana despite Trump winning. He also got many favorable delegates elected in Arizona for the 2nd ballot at the convention. So, I think Sanders and Cruz should have their ground score increase to 3.

@William
    I agree that his should at least be a 2.

110. Jonathan April 10, 2016 at 9:47 am #

Yeah, Sanders ground game should definitely be high. I don’t know if Trump’s should be 1. I think until recently, his ground game was what helped him defeat establishment people who were getting all the endorsements.

111. jesse April 10, 2016 at 11:01 am #

Trump really has not been winning with the ground game. He has been winning because of his spin and the $2 billion dollars of free news coverage. Every time he says or does something, it is breaking news. He has also benefitted from a split anti-Trump field. My argument for Trump being a 1 is because Cruz has been running circles around him in these conventions that choose delegates. Colorado was just a recent example but others include Louisiana, Arizona, North Dakota, Wyoming(county conventions; We will see what happens at the state convention) and Iowa. And, these conventions rely on a ground game. Also, during the Iowa caucus, the media was talking about how Cruz had a great ground game while Trump had a very weak ground game. It also lead to a shakeup in the Trump campaign recently.

112. Wilson April 10, 2016 at 5:19 pm #

Sorry to ask, but @anthony when will this be released?

113. anthony_270admin April 12, 2016 at 3:42 pm #

@Eric,

Good idea re protestors. Perhaps a simply link between how extreme a candidate’s views are on an issue and how high that candidate’s %s are. We’ll see.

114. anthony_270admin April 12, 2016 at 3:43 pm #

@Brendan,

Petersen and McAfee noted for Libertarian party.

115. anthony_270admin April 12, 2016 at 3:45 pm #

Re Udall, what are you referring to exactly?

116. anthony_270admin April 12, 2016 at 3:46 pm #

@William re Cruz’s Strategy attribute,

Good point – we’ll see.

117. anthony_270admin April 12, 2016 at 3:47 pm #

@Jesse re Trump Ground attribute to 1, noted.

118. anthony_270admin April 12, 2016 at 4:03 pm #

@Wilson,

I don’t know when the next version will be released, but probably pretty soon. It will feature a revamped news system.

119. Brendan April 12, 2016 at 5:39 pm #

Thank you Anthony. Adding them means a lot.

120. William April 13, 2016 at 12:39 am #

I know this is not the place but can anyone help fix my campaign I can’t do it and Anthony recommends asking you all, it would mean a great deal if you could.

121. Brendan April 14, 2016 at 10:24 pm #

@William

What is the problem with your campaign?

122. William April 15, 2016 at 12:54 am #

When i try to open it up just to play, character create it says scenerio.xml not found or something along those lines if i remember correctly. http://www.270soft.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=12449&hl= this s the link to the post i wrote a few weeks ago about it.

123. ondemonitors April 19, 2016 at 10:40 am #

all I can say is that I cannot wait til this new 2.2.7 update comes out..I just recently purchased this game, along with Congress Infinity, and they both are fantastic!!

Excellent work and keep’s getting better!!

124. anthony_270admin April 19, 2016 at 12:54 pm #

@Ondemonitors, thanks for the feedback!

125. AJ April 19, 2016 at 8:00 pm #

@Anthony Windows 7

126. Lucas April 19, 2016 at 9:03 pm #

A thought: if at all possible, it’d be neat to go from state to county levels, as well as have state conventions factor in, as those will often influence the delegates a person walks away with.

127. anthony_270admin April 20, 2016 at 12:24 pm #

@Lucas,

Yes, it would be nice, but county level adds a big layer of complexity. I think the game is complex enough as it is.

128. anthony_270admin April 20, 2016 at 12:24 pm #

@AJ,

Ok, I’ve noted this and will test – thanks for this.

129. Eric April 20, 2016 at 4:32 pm #

I started a game with all the actual candidates off and only those with 0% on as well as Gary Johnson and Jill Stein. I played until the first polls came out, at which point I closed the experiment.
    What I found:
    1) even the undecideds start at 0% in the primaries when I figure they should be 100%
    2) the first general election poll has the Libertarians winning everywhere with 60% of the vote; i.e. the Republican/Democrat ticket in the general election starts at 0%
    3) as soon as any positive momentum is achieved in a state primary, that candidate leaps to 100% in that state, almost as if turnout is set to 1 voter in each state

I believe if each of the “not running historically” candidates were set to 0.1% instead of 0%, the game wouldn’t get confused and try to divide by 0. Also, this way if I amended this experiment by including a candidate with 1% (O’Malley, Jindal), that candidate would not automatically start with 80%
    This may indicate an engine flaw: apparently, if a candidate with 13% (example) is excluded from a particular run of the game, that candidate’s voters are erased from the voter pool instead of becoming undecided.
    I tested this by turning off Clinton, Sanders, and Biden for the October start. Webb and O’Malley start at 50% and 30%, respectively. The Democrats start the general election at 1.9%.
    To test what happens when only one candidate with a non-zero percentage starts, I started another October game with O’Malley, Schweitzer, and Warner. O’Malley starts at 80% nationally, but only 15 states have percentages at all. All the rest start with everyone at 0%, including the undecideds. All the states with percentages have O’Malley at 80%, leading me to conclude that the other 35 states have no voters at all.

130. EdgarAllenYolo April 20, 2016 at 6:45 pm #

When I try to make every region in a GENERAL election have proportional representation via the campaign editor, they still calculate electoral votes as if it was first-past-the-post. Is there a way I can fix that?

131. anthony_270admin April 21, 2016 at 4:03 pm #

% research scandal increases half as quickly, starts at 0.5% instead of 1%.

132. anthony_270admin April 21, 2016 at 4:03 pm #

@EAY,

Option to set general election to proportional shouldn’t be there.

133. EdgarAllenYolo April 21, 2016 at 7:46 pm #

Also, just curious here, but will there be any future updates for Congress Infinity?

134. Kevin April 21, 2016 at 9:38 pm #

i copied the campaign, but how do i edit the candidates?

135. anthony_270admin April 22, 2016 at 11:44 am #

@EAY re Congress Infinity,

Yes, moving closer to the election there will be updates for CI.

136. bhchase April 23, 2016 at 11:03 am #

Something I have noticed I hope to see addressed in the update:
    Many of the histroical scenarios have issues where the candidates are able to fundraise significantly smaller amounts (For example, I upgrade George Bush’s fundraising to “5” in the 1980 scenario and yet he raises a max of 150,000 during the primaries) and yet the cost of ads is the same as it would be in the 2016 race. This seems to be an issue.

137. Aaron April 23, 2016 at 2:40 pm #

I think the answer to the fundraising this is to lower the cost of everything. (Not just ad creation) but running the ads & the cost of polling. There is also a running cost of the campaign built in to some extent I am thinking. That could be adjusted somehow probably. Best option: make the $ coefficient affect all costs as well as the rate of fundraising.

138. jesse April 27, 2016 at 4:10 pm #

It would be nice to choose a VP candidate before the nomination is locked up(like Cruz did today with Fiorina).

139. anthony_270admin April 27, 2016 at 7:07 pm #

@Jesse,

Ya, it could be opened up so you can choose a (potential) VP nominee at any point. I’m not sure how this kind of move will effect the race, though.

140. anthony_270admin April 27, 2016 at 7:35 pm #

@Bhchase,

Thanks for this – noted.

141. jesse April 28, 2016 at 7:10 am #

It might not reflect the race directly, but it would give you more options for campaigning which is a positive.

142. Jeff April 29, 2016 at 8:06 am #

Any update on how the Favorability feature is coming? Not asking for dates, just status 🙂

143. anthony_270admin April 29, 2016 at 1:12 pm #

@Jeff,

I have been working on updating the Spin system, in light of Trump’s success. Work on Favorability will be started again once that’s done.

144. Wilson April 29, 2016 at 3:53 pm #

Will this update be released this weekend?

145. anthony_270admin April 29, 2016 at 4:31 pm #

@Wilson,

No, more game testing, then probably a sneak peek release, maybe next week.

146. anthony_270admin May 1, 2016 at 8:38 am #

@Eric re turning everyone with %s off,

Yes, that probably reflects a game engine flaw. Should be fixed with Favorability.

147. Cazador May 1, 2016 at 1:55 pm #

Hi,

Will there be an update to Congress Infinity where I can add a new map in the campaign editor?

Thanks!

148. anthony_270admin May 3, 2016 at 3:53 pm #

@Cazador,

Yes, CI will see an update, probably in the summer, which will include an upgraded Campaign Editor including the ability to import maps.

149. Rophil May 6, 2016 at 8:04 am #

@Anthony

Newt Gingrich has been mentionned as potential VP candidate for Trump. Could you add him as a candidate? It would be fun to imagine he lunches his second campaign.

150. Luki May 6, 2016 at 10:05 am #

Yeah that could be fun.
    I have an idea too: How about including Former Ambassador John R. Bolton? 🙂 I’d love to play as him in an official campaign and he was even a potential candidate but eventually declined after months of speculations in May 2015..

151. anthony_270admin May 6, 2016 at 12:59 pm #

@Rophil,

There will probably be several Veep possibilities added – thanks for this.

@Luki,

Maybe – we’ll see.

152. EdgarAllenYolo May 7, 2016 at 9:27 am #

Since we are talking about adding possible Vice Presidents for 2016, what about Governor Paul LePage and former Senator Scott Brown?

153. Aaron May 7, 2016 at 10:07 am #

Very Likley VP possibilities that should be considered being added:

GOP:
    Gov. LePage
    Gov. Scott
    Fmr. Spkr. Gingrich

Dem:
    Sen. Franken
    Sec. Perez
    Fmr. Gov. Bayh
    Gen. Clark

154. Rophil May 8, 2016 at 11:16 am #

@Anthony

I believe Romney’s profile should be upgraded. In 2008 and 2012 campaigns his integrity is at 3, and in the 2016 one it is at 2.

I also would enjoy seeing him running as a third party candidate. He has recieved some speculation for that. Could you create that?

155. Jonathan May 9, 2016 at 11:32 pm #

When are they ever going to fix the glitch with the convention where you don’t even have to get a majority to win it, and the candidates do not share their delegates at all? Major game breaker to me. Also, I could be running scenario with the Republican candidate, the Dem candidate, the Green Party and Bloomberg, and it crashes on me almost every time at 40 days to go. If I don’t have Bloomberg in the race, or I selected at least 4 candidates on each side for the primaries, it doesn’t happen.

156. anthony_270admin May 10, 2016 at 1:49 pm #

Convention will be reworked as a major update, probably after Favorability.

Thank you for this bug report – I’ve noted it.

157. anthony_270admin May 10, 2016 at 3:19 pm #

@Rophil,

No intention to create a Romney third-party option at this point. We’ll see.

As for his Integrity, I think it’s possible for a candidate’s Integrity to change over time. If I were to modify it one way or another, it would be to set them all to 2’s.

158. anthony_270admin May 10, 2016 at 3:27 pm #

@Aaron,

Why do you think LePage or Franken are serious possibilities?

159. anthony_270admin May 10, 2016 at 3:28 pm #

@Rophil,

I think it makes sense to add Gingrich as a possible VP.

160. Wilson May 10, 2016 at 5:09 pm #

Will this be out this week?

161. anthony_270admin May 10, 2016 at 5:20 pm #

@Wilson,

No ETA at this point.

162. Aaron May 10, 2016 at 5:58 pm #

@Anthony

Well they are more serious than a couple that are already in there. But as far as Franken goes, there was a very widely circulated artcile on Politico: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/03/2016-elections-al-franken-vice-president-213756

Franken also balances Clinton out with a populist style white man from a light blue midwestern state that can be her attack dog to go after Trump and let her sit above it. He could help keep some of the white blue collar voters in MN, WI, MI, OH & PA. And unlike Sherrod Brown, he wouldn’t cost the party a Senate seat.

LePage is one of the few Trump VP possibilities from states he would even have a remote chance of winning. Christie’s New Jersey would never go for Trump in the general. Sessions doesn’t help since it would take some sort of collapse of historical proportion for Trump to have a chance of losing Alabama. Perry doesn’t help with Texas much since if Texas is in play: the election is then already lost. Rick Scott makes sense because of Florida and Ernst makes sense with Iowa. Palin already said she would say no and Cruz, Rubio & Kasich are already a no. LePage is basically Trump without the money, business experience, name recognition. Yet, he does have electoral experience in a competitive Gubernatorial race & has executive experience.

163. Marcus May 11, 2016 at 4:28 pm #

Would it be possible to add an option for you to continue into the general election with the computer player that beats you in the primaries?

164. jesse May 12, 2016 at 7:45 pm #

I just noticed that Texas has its proportion level set at 15% on the Republican side. That should be set at 20%

165. DJH2036 May 13, 2016 at 10:20 pm #

Would it be possible, in the future, to make it so that partys don’t hold primaries? They just go right to the convention and the nominee is chosen there.

166. Luki May 14, 2016 at 2:34 am #

As optional feature this would be great. Especially for parties with just one candidate ON.

167. jesse May 15, 2016 at 9:45 pm #

Also, Connecticut is a winner-take-most with a threshold of 20% not winner-take-all.

168. anthony_270admin May 18, 2016 at 5:51 pm #

– 2016 > new Trump images
    – 2016 > Carson > Stamina 3 -> 2
    – 2016 > Jeb Bush > Charisma 3 -> 2
    – 2016 > Cruz > Stamina 3 -> 4
    – 2016 > Cruz > Strategic 1 -> 2
    – 2016 > Clinton > Stamina 4 -> 3
    – 2016 > Warren > Leadership 3 -> 4
    – 2016 > Sanders > Strategic 1 -> 2
    – 2016 > Relations > Trump-Christie > Normal -> Good
    – 2016 > Veeps > Republicans > added Sen. Jeff Sessions, Spkr. Newt Gingrich, Sen. Scott Brown
    – added 1972

169. EdgarAllenYolo May 18, 2016 at 9:12 pm #

Apparently Gary Johnson chose Former Massachusetts Governor William Weld as his running mate today, so you could include that in the next update.

170. anthony_270admin May 19, 2016 at 6:10 pm #

@EAY,

Thanks for this – noted.

171. anthony_270admin May 19, 2016 at 6:14 pm #

@Jesse, thanks – got it.

172. anthony_270admin May 19, 2016 at 6:20 pm #

@DJH,

If what you mean is that there are no state-by-state results, but just convention results, yes – I would like to implement this. That way parties without the primaries process won’t have 50 pop-ups (or what have you).

173. anthony_270admin May 19, 2016 at 6:27 pm #

@Marcus re option to continue as computer player beaten by in primaries,

Yes, this is on the to-do list.

174. anthony_270admin May 19, 2016 at 6:30 pm #

@Aaron re veep choicies,

I agree that LePage has been floated as a possibility, and it might be fun for some players to have that choice. We’ll see. Franken noted.

175. Chris May 20, 2016 at 12:40 am #

Not sure how you will want to incorporate this but fox news has Trump 42, Clinton 39, and Gary Johnson 10 in their latest poll that has a two person race as Trump 45 and Clinton 42. I have seen other polls showing Gary Johnson near 10% when included. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2016/05/18/fox-news-poll-2016-national-release-may-18/

176. Kevin May 20, 2016 at 12:19 pm #

Have you thought about a game for France’s 2017 Presidential election? I would definitely buy!

177. Falcon May 20, 2016 at 1:00 pm #

@Kevin

So would I!

178. Wilson May 20, 2016 at 3:41 pm #

How is the progress on this update?

179. Jonathan May 20, 2016 at 8:47 pm #

As much as I’d hate to say it, I would probably make the Libertarian Party a little stronger in the general election. It seems like they may exceed 1% of the vote this time.

180. Rophil May 21, 2016 at 1:52 am #

I agree with Kevin, it would be wonderful!

181. Luki May 21, 2016 at 2:26 am #

I agree with Kevin too.

182. Rophil May 21, 2016 at 5:39 am #

@Anthony

I think Mike Huckabee’s debate ability should be set at 4. I found he actually did well in the debates.

183. jesse May 21, 2016 at 12:04 pm #

I agree with Rophil on this. Huckabee did much better this time around when he had time. He just got snubbed on the time.

184. anthony_270admin May 21, 2016 at 5:30 pm #

– 2016 > Events > March 14, 2016 > added “Russians Begin Withdrawal from Syria”
    – 2016 > Events > March 22, 2016 > added “Brussels Terrorist Attacks”
    – fixed bug where message on election night occurred calling election for player who didn’t actually win

185. anthony_270admin May 21, 2016 at 5:35 pm #

@Rophil re Huckabee’s Debating, good point.

186. anthony_270admin May 21, 2016 at 5:35 pm #

2016 > Huckabee > Debating 3 -> 4

187. anthony_270admin May 21, 2016 at 5:36 pm #

My guess is that you’re right – noted.

188. anthony_270admin May 21, 2016 at 5:37 pm #

@Wilson,

It’s looking good – the new spin system is more-or-less done. Mostly just getting the AI up to a playable state. Then release.

189. anthony_270admin May 21, 2016 at 5:39 pm #

@Kevin,

We’ll see – President Infinity, Congress Infinity, and PM Infinity updates all probably coming this year. We then have a possible ‘be President’ game that would be released after those. Can we fit in a French game? Possibly, but the language barrier is a big problem (the major market is France, most French people don’t speak English well).

190. anthony_270admin May 21, 2016 at 5:40 pm #

@Chris,

Yes, we’ll see if those numbers hold, but it very well may be a good year for the Libertarian party – noted.

191. nolesfan2011 May 21, 2016 at 9:24 pm #

I suggest adding Tn. Sen Bob Corker as a possible running mate, at least for Trump. he’s apparently being vetted for that role right now.http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/trump-meeting-bob-corker-vice-president/2016/05/20/id/729963/ along with Jeff Sessions (Al. Sen)

192. Wilson May 22, 2016 at 7:42 am #

I want to see Australia 2016.

193. anthony_270admin May 25, 2016 at 1:29 pm #

@Nolesfan2011 re Corker,

Yes, noted.

@Wilson,

I don’t believe I will have time to make an Australia 2016 campaign. Focus is on American games right now.

194. anthony_270admin May 25, 2016 at 7:04 pm #

– 2016 > Trump > Research 1 -> 3
    – 2016 > Trump > Ads 1 -> 2
    – 2016 > Trump > Command 2 -> 3
    – 2016 > Veeps > added Sen. Bob Corker
    – Editor > fixed bug where deleting leader would cause error due to not being on all ballots (ex., official 1968 campaign)

195. Rophil May 26, 2016 at 4:57 am #

@Anthony
    I think this image could be used for Huckabee portrait: (on his official Twitter account): https://twitter.com/mikehuckabeegop

And these two images for Jeb and Christie: https://www.theodysseyonline.com/who-will-you-be-voting-for

196. anthony_270admin May 26, 2016 at 1:49 pm #

– Editor > fixed bug where error if no debates for a party or in general election
    – Editor > Regions > general election > no longer have PR option

197. anthony_270admin May 26, 2016 at 1:52 pm #

@Rophil,

Thanks for these – noted.

198. anthony_270admin May 26, 2016 at 5:15 pm #

– 2016 > updated Huckabee image
    – 2016 > updated Jeb Bush image
    – 2016 > updated Christie image
    – Relations now have greater impact on chance NA pact

199. Kevin May 27, 2016 at 7:46 am #

When is it gonna come out?

200. Rophil May 27, 2016 at 11:04 am #

I also think this portrait is more appropriated for Hillary. This is the official portrait given by the Clinton campaign: http://fox61.com/2016/01/29/state-department-will-not-release-22-top-secret-clinton-emails/

201. anthony_270admin May 27, 2016 at 3:08 pm #

– relations improve automatically by 1 per week (used to be approx. 1 every day and half), and only if relations < 50

202. anthony_270admin May 27, 2016 at 3:08 pm #

@Kevin,

Sneak peek release today.

203. anthony_270admin May 27, 2016 at 3:08 pm #

– new spin system

204. jesse May 31, 2016 at 4:20 pm #

I think that Cruz’s position on corruption should be center. He really went after both parties and branded the establishment as the Washington Cartel.

205. Jonathan May 31, 2016 at 4:39 pm #

@Jesse

He did, but not as much as Trump. He also definitely attacked Clinton more than he did Republicans, so I don’t think center would be the most accurate.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. President Infinity next release sneak-peek, Windows only | 270soft.com - May 27, 2016

[…] Upcoming President Infinity – Version Ericson – 2.2.7 […]