Want to get your favorite quote added to President Infinity?

Hi everyone,

I am adding quotes to the Start Screen in President Infinity, and this is your chance to get your favorite political quote into the game.

These quotes will be relatively short (not a paragraph), about politics, and at least to some extent relevant to the U.S.

Here’s an example,

“A republic, if you can keep it.” – Benjamin Franklin

Quote ideas welcome! I’ll look at any suggestions and might add them to the game.

25 Responses to Want to get your favorite quote added to President Infinity?

1. Luki June 7, 2016 at 11:53 pm #

That’s a really good idea. Here are some suggestions:

“Although he’s regularly asked to do so, God does not take sides in American politics.” – George J. Mitchell

“All people are born alike – except Republicans and Democrats.” – Groucho Marx

“Politics is the art of controlling your environment.” – Hunter S. Thompson

2. Jonathan June 8, 2016 at 12:14 am #

““My goal is not to smash corporations, but to drive them out of politics” — Robert La Follette

“The only thing we have to fear is fear itself” — FDR

“The human being is in the most literal sense a political animal” — Karl Marx

“Mankind must put an end to war — or war will put an end to mankind.” — JFK

“A president’s hardest task is not to do what is right, but to know what is right.” — LBJ

““He serves his party best who serves the country best.” — Rutherford B. Hayes

“One man with courage is a majority.” — Thomas Jefferson

“If slavery is not wrong, nothing is wrong.” — Abraham Lincoln

“Speak softly and carry a big stick.” — Theodore Roosevelt

“America is the only idealistic nation in the world.” — Woodrow Wilson

“Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.” — FDR

“There is nothing wrong in America that can’t be fixed with what is right in America.” — Bill Clinton

“We did not come to fear the future. We came here to shape it.” — Barack Obama

“The other day I read three Shakespeares” — George W. Bush

“The Hispanics love me.” — Donald Trump

“Our differences are policies; our agreements, principles.” — William McKinley

“Everyone should have health insurance? I say everyone should have health care. I’m not selling insurance.” — Dennis Kucinich

“the United States has been dedicated to innovation as a way of government and a way of life.” — RFK

“If a financial institution is too big to fail, it is too big to exist.” — Bernie Sanders

3. Rophil June 8, 2016 at 2:52 am #

“In today’s world, you cannot separate feelings from politics” Charles de Gaulle

4. Mathew June 8, 2016 at 8:38 am #

“Give me liberty, or give me death!” — Patrick Henry

5. Dallas June 8, 2016 at 9:48 am #

“We need leaders who will stand up for the little guy and listen once again.”
    ~Sarah Palin~

“Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.”
    ~Donald Trump~

“I believe we are now in a struggle over whether or not we are going to save America.”
    ~Newt Gingrich~

6. Jonathan June 8, 2016 at 10:04 am #

here are some more:

“Those who refuse to learn from history are condemned to repeat it.”
    – George Santayana

“We will defend our island, whatever the cost may be.” — Churchill

“Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.”
    – JFK

“You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war.” – Napoleon

“When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal.” — Richard Nixon

“Government Of the People, By the People, For the People” — Abraham Lincoln

“Human nature with all its infirmities and depravation is still capable of great things.” — John Adams

7. Eric June 8, 2016 at 3:13 pm #

“Liberty is to Faction what Air is to Fire” — James Madison
    “And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of the divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.” — Declaration of Independence
    “I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.” — Barry Goldwater
    “Well, he forgot Poland.” — George W. Bush
    “I told him, ‘That depends on what your definition of “is” is.'” — Bill Clinton
    “The 1980’s called. They want their foreign policy back.” — Barack Obama
    “The people have a right to know if their president is a crook. Well, I am not a crook. I’ve earned everything I’ve got.” — Richard Nixon (referring to corruption, not Watergate)
    “There you go again.” — Ronald Reagan
    “My fellow Americans, I’m pleased to tell you today that I’ve signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.” — Ronald Reagan
    “We are all Republicans, we are all Federalists.” — Thomas Jefferson
    “Reader, assume you are an idiot. Now, assume you are a member of Congress. But alas, I repeat myself.” — Mark Twain
    “First, G-d made idiots; this was for practice; then He made school boards.” — Mark Twain
    “Nobody 2016. Everybody sucks!” — yard sign

8. Aaron June 8, 2016 at 4:03 pm #

If one morning I walked on top of the water across the Potomac River, the headline that afternoon would read: ‘President Can’t Swim.’ -LBJ

“Every man has a right to a Saturday night bath.” -LBJ

“Light at the end of the tunnel? We don’t even have a tunnel; we don’t even know where the tunnel is.” -LBJ

9. anthony_270admin June 8, 2016 at 6:31 pm #

Thanks everyone for these ideas! Keep ’em coming!

10. Arjav Rawal June 8, 2016 at 7:51 pm #

“When the president does it, that means it is NOT illegal.” -Richard Nixon

“Are we gonna go forward to tomorrow, or past to the–to the back.” -Dan Quayle

“About all I can say for the United States Senate is that it opens with a prayer and closes with an investigation.” -Will Rogers

“Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.” -Ronald Reagan

“When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer ‘Present’ or ‘Not guilty.'” -Theodore Roosevelt

Just for keks..

“I did not have sexual relations with that woman.” -Bill Clinton on his relationship with his wife, Hillary

11. Toby June 8, 2016 at 11:38 pm #

“Make America Great Again” — Donald Trump

12. Luki June 9, 2016 at 1:53 am #

“Live Free or Die.” – John Stark/New Hampshire

13. Dallas June 9, 2016 at 8:59 am #

I like Toby’s quote. Also:

“We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we will always be free.”
    ~Ronald Reagan~

14. Bradley June 9, 2016 at 5:30 pm #

“We are going to build a wall…”-Donald Trump, 2016

“Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground”-Theodore Roosevelt

“Wherever the people are well-informed, the can be trusted with their own government”-Thomas Jefferson

“Government does not solve problems, it subsidizes it” -Ronald Reagan

“Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book” -Ronald Reagan

“Observe good faith and justice toward all nations. Cultivate peace and harmony with all”- George Washington

“Its one thing to shoot yourself in the foot, just don’t reload the gun”
    -Lindsey Graham

“I love Wisconsin, its a great place” – Donald Trump

“He who is not courageous enough will accomplish nothing in his life”- Muhammad Ali

“Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely”- Lord Acton

“Get your facts first, then distort them as you please”- Mark Twain

“Buck up or stay in the Truck”-Sarah Palin

“Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate” -John F. Kennedy

“No matter how great you sing your song, somebody, somewhere, won’t want to listen”-Drew Beussink

“No man is good enough to govern another man without his consent” – Abraham Lincoln

“The most terrifying words in the English Language: ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help”-Ronald Reagan

“Politics is like football; if you see daylight, go through the hole.”- John F. Kennedy

15. anthony_270admin June 9, 2016 at 6:37 pm #

Thanks again everyone!

16. Nick June 10, 2016 at 6:27 am #

“Why can’t I just eat my waffle?” – Barack Obama

17. Richard Pryor June 10, 2016 at 8:35 am #

“I learned that I’d better get used to having to pick between a douche and a turd sandwich because it’s usually the choice I’ll have.” – Stan Marsh, South Park

18. Jonathan June 10, 2016 at 8:45 am #

“There’s not a liberal America and a conservative America – there’s the United States of America.” — Barack Obama

“We must stop thinking of the individual and start thinking about what is best for society.” — Hillary Clinton

“Anybody that lets his public policies be mixed up with religious prejudice is a plain fool.” — Huey P. Long

“Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.” Abraham Lincoln

“Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.” John Quincy Adams

“The most heroic word in all languages is revolution.” Eugene V. Debs

“Men, their rights, and nothing more; women, their rights, and nothing less.” Susan B. Anthony

“The true grandeur of humanity is in moral elevation, sustained, enlightened and decorated by the intellect of man.” Charles Sumner

19. Anonymous June 10, 2016 at 10:36 am #

“Don’t expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong”-Calvin Coolidge, 30th President of the United States.

20. Dylan June 10, 2016 at 1:53 pm #

I’m going to focus on Presidential nominees and quotes they have said on the campaign trail- after all this is a campaign game ;).

The invisible hand of the market always moves faster and better than the heavy hand of government- Mitt Romney

There’s not a liberal America and a conservative America – there’s the United States of America. – Barack Obama

The first pork-barrel bill that crosses my desk, I’m going to veto it and make the authors of those pork-barrel items famous all over America.- John McCain

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.- Barack Obama

Every nation in every region now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists. – George W. Bush

Being lectured by the president on fiscal responsibility is a little bit like Tony Soprano talking to me about law and order in this country.- John Kerry

Whoever pays taxes gets a tax break- George W Bush

When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When you have neither, holler.- Al Gore (also include him ‘creating the internet’)

Turn on to politics, or politics will turn on you.- Ralph Nader

The internet is a great way to get on the net.- Bob Dole

There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America- Bill Clinton

War has rules, mud wrestling has rules – politics has no rules.- Ross Perot

I’ll be glad to reply to or dodge your questions, depending on what I think will help our election most. -George H.W Bush

‘It’s the economy stupid’- Bill Clinton’s unofficial campaign slogan.

“There is a giant sucking sound south of the border’-Ross Perot

21. Beargrowlz June 13, 2016 at 3:31 pm #

“Some men see things as they are and say why? I dream things that never were and say why not?” — Ted Kennedy, eulogizing his brother Robert by paraphrasing George Bernard Shaw.

22. Arjav Rawal July 2, 2016 at 12:19 pm #

“During my service in the Congress, I took the initiative in inventing the internet.” -Al Gore

23. William Tench July 3, 2016 at 12:28 pm #

“You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” – Margaret Thatcher

“If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” – Margaret Thatcher

“The price of greatness is responsibility.” – Winston Churchill

“A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.” – Winston Churchill

“My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me.” – Benjamin Disraeli

“Power? It’s like a Dead Sea fruit. When you achieve it, there is nothing there.” – Harold Macmillan

“Please don’t applaud. It may irritate your neighbour” – Edward Heath

24. Matthew Geiger July 15, 2016 at 7:35 pm #

“In an empire of lies, the truth is treason” -Ron Paul

25. Dakota Hale July 16, 2016 at 1:29 pm #

“Words build bridges into unexplored regions.” – Hitler

“It’s clearly a budget. It’s got a lot of numbers in it.” – George W. Bush

“Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.” – George W. Bush

“I will love the American people even if they don’t love me back.” – Marco Rubio