President Infinity next release sneak-peek, Windows only

Here is a sneak-peek of the next release with simulation mode, if you want to see it before everyone else does. You can download it here.

Note: Windows only at this point. Requires you already have the game installed.

Feedback welcome!

Version details here.

21 Responses to President Infinity next release sneak-peek, Windows only

1. anthony_270admin August 27, 2016 at 5:12 pm #

This is the first iteration of the simulation mode feature. It will probably be expanded in the future, once Favorability is implemented.

2. Andres August 27, 2016 at 5:40 pm #

When are you going to release on mac?

3. anthony_270admin August 27, 2016 at 5:48 pm #

With the next official release. My guess is by the end of next week.

4. Daons August 28, 2016 at 4:08 pm #

I’m getting an occasional error when simming through a primary of a custom scenario.

TGameEngine::ProcessTurns () > Code = 40 Access violation at address 006C85CC in module ‘PI.exe’. Read of address 00000060

5. Daons August 28, 2016 at 6:17 pm #

I think its solved,

I had a general election debate scheduled during the primaries, that likely explains the access violation. 🙂

6. Jonathan August 28, 2016 at 6:42 pm #

@Anthony

The simulation is really cool. I love that feature. I have a few questions though:

1) I think I heard you say it only works in the general election. Will you have a sim for the primaries?

2) When will you update the polls. I think everyone has Clinton beating Trump in November now. Trump won 8 of my 10 simulations in the first go.

3) When will you increase the numbers and power for the two 3rd parties?

7. victorraiders August 29, 2016 at 5:48 pm #

8. anthony_270admin August 30, 2016 at 2:25 pm #

1. Probably expand it to include primaries at some point.

2. Polls will be updated when I polling data for the general election feature is added. It’s next up.

3. Same as 2.

9. anthony_270admin August 30, 2016 at 2:26 pm #

“hi @Anthony i play in easy mode in 2.3.8 and others versions and its more hard to win than normal need adjust this thanks”

Is anyone else experiencing this?

10. anthony_270admin August 30, 2016 at 2:27 pm #

@Daons,

Ok, that sounds like it might have been causing it. I’ve noted this so I can make sure it doesn’t cause an error.

11. Aaron August 30, 2016 at 10:33 pm #

One thing that this confirms is that the scenario HEAVILY favors a Trump win. Explains why I and others have found the game much easier when playing as a Republican.

12. anthony_270admin August 31, 2016 at 12:58 pm #

@Aaron,

Check out this thread for more discussion of this

13. Will September 1, 2016 at 12:15 pm #

I get an access violation trying to start the 1980 campaign: Access violation at address 004D7D1C in module ‘PI.exe’. Read of address 00000018

14. Will September 1, 2016 at 12:16 pm #

Also, I tried simulations of the 2008 campaign McCain vs Obama and Obama was winning 500+ landslides in every simulation (I only did 10 though)

15. Luki September 1, 2016 at 1:13 pm #

I get a weird error message, when I want to start a new game. “Access violation at address 004D6FA4 in module ‘PI.exe’. Read of address 00000018”. There is no game play possible for me at this time.

16. anthony_270admin September 3, 2016 at 11:37 am #

@Will re 1980,

Thanks for this – I have replicated the error and it should be fixed with the next release.

17. anthony_270admin September 3, 2016 at 11:39 am #

@Luki re error message,

What campaign(s) are you trying to play, what options, and where exactly does it occur?

18. Luki September 4, 2016 at 7:37 am #

@Anthony

That happens right after I want to start the game engine via the US flag icon. I come to the interface as usual, but when I want to click on ”new game” this message comes up. I can’t even select a campaign, as I can’t advance to this screen.
    And I have to close the interface at the taskbar. The ‘X’ at the upper-right is sadly unusable after this message.

The really weird thing is, that this happens since I installed the ”Poland – 2015” scenario from the campaigns page. I found out now that after deleting the scenario file, it works properly again…

19. anthony_270admin September 4, 2016 at 3:10 pm #

@Luki,

That’s interesting – anyone else experience that problem after adding the Poland 2015 campaign?

20. Andres September 6, 2016 at 12:03 pm #

Anthony,

Why does a candidate(AI) with negative momentum, let’s say -6, gains 0,8% percentage/votes, while me(human) with a +50 momentum, gains only 0,1%?

21. anthony_270admin September 6, 2016 at 2:46 pm #

@Andres,

I would have to look at the specific situation. If you have a save game where you have +50 momentum and another candidate has -6 momentum (say), you can send it to me as a compressed (zipped) folder and I can look at it.