Upcoming President Infinity – Version Ericson – 2.4.5

Hi everyone,

This post will keep track of changes to the upcoming version of President Infinity v. Ericson – 2.4.5.

Changes so far (this list will be updated as changes are implemented on this side, these changes will not be available until the version is released):

• Main Screen > change in funds now uses abbreviations if $1,000,000 or more

58 Responses to Upcoming President Infinity – Version Ericson – 2.4.5

1. Jonathan October 4, 2016 at 8:18 am #

I wonder if there is something you could do to prevent endorsers from endorsing people they would never endorse in real life.

For instance, Rick Scott endorsing a Democrat over. Republican. I even had Obama at 97 for a Republican and 95 for a Democrat (he never endorsed though).

Ron Paul also stated that he wouldn’t endorse anyone, including Johnson. Strangely, he praised Jill Stein, though.

Jeb Bush and John Kasich have both stated they won’t vote for Trump or Clinton.

2. Willow October 4, 2016 at 11:44 am #

In the editor it wont let me edit the leaders ID, and when I do try it wont let me imput in percentages for the new leader.

3. anthony_270admin October 4, 2016 at 12:33 pm #

Are you editing straight from an official campaign, or is this an edited campaign?

4. anthony_270admin October 4, 2016 at 1:01 pm #

Sure, this can be done and some extra functionality will probably be added to endorsers.

5. Libertarianoftheusa October 4, 2016 at 5:13 pm #

Will this be the favorablility update?

6. anthony_270admin October 4, 2016 at 5:44 pm #

No. Before Favorability will probably see issues updated.

7. anthony_270admin October 4, 2016 at 5:44 pm #

(This update probably won’t contain either.)

8. Luki October 6, 2016 at 5:14 am #

I am wondering why in this screenshot for example

5 states are white/tied, but in the EV bar below all EVs are either at the Democratic or Republican side.

9. Brandon October 7, 2016 at 1:36 pm #

Just wanted to second Jonathan’s suggestion of adding extra depth to the endorsement system.

Maybe some sort of list for each endorser of candidates they would never endorse, and a list of candidates they will definitely endorse if they are running.

10. Jim October 7, 2016 at 3:36 pm #

I’m having a big problem with Stamina. Regularly having my candidate with 200/100. It doesn’t matter if I set Stamina number at 1 or 5.

This is been a problem through each update. Any ideas?

11. Jonathan October 7, 2016 at 8:07 pm #

Will you be updating the events for the 2016 election any time soon?

12. Nick October 7, 2016 at 8:41 pm #

@Anthony – Perhaps consider adding a “skeletons in the closet” rating — it would mimic how “corruption” is currently used.

13. anthony_270admin October 8, 2016 at 11:51 am #

“I’m having a big problem with Stamina. Regularly having my candidate with 200/100.”

Do you have a save game you can load where you consistently get something like this?

14. anthony_270admin October 8, 2016 at 11:52 am #

@Jonathan re scripted events,

I might put up a post asking for suggestions.

15. Jonathan October 8, 2016 at 11:54 am #

Also, I was wondering if you could make it possible for endorsers to unendorse? Trump is losing endorsements, including Sen. Kelly Ayotte and Gov. Hebert of UT.

Also, I’m wondering if endorsers that endorsed primary candidate that lost, should release their endorsements upon withdrawing. That way, the general election nominee can have Joe Biden or Mitt Romney campaign for them, even if they didn’t have their endorsement in the primaries.

16. anthony_270admin October 8, 2016 at 11:55 am #

Thanks for this – the algorithm for deciding state colors isn’t the same as the one deciding EVs. Noted.

17. anthony_270admin October 8, 2016 at 11:59 am #

That would be covered by Integrity.

18. anthony_270admin October 8, 2016 at 12:49 pm #

Yes, endorsers re-endorsing after the person they endorsed has withdrawn is a good idea. Might happen.

Un-endorsing would be nice, we’ll see.

19. Nick October 8, 2016 at 12:53 pm #

@Anthony – Good point.

20. Ryan October 8, 2016 at 4:25 pm #

PI Ericsson 2.4.3 is virtually unplayable. Every function takes almost a full minute to execute. Any word on how to fix it? Game is so slow to the point that it’s worthless.

21. anthony_270admin October 8, 2016 at 5:09 pm #

Can you tell me what operating system you are using?

22. gabe October 9, 2016 at 6:47 am #

will you ever put in the option to use ranked choice voting

23. anthony_270admin October 9, 2016 at 12:30 pm #

Perhaps. Do you mean like the Australian preference system?

24. Ryan October 9, 2016 at 3:33 pm #

I’m using Vista

25. anthony_270admin October 9, 2016 at 4:27 pm #

Are you having speed issues with anything else on your computer?

26. Jonathan October 9, 2016 at 7:29 pm #

Should Trump’s integrity be moved to 1?

27. Sean October 9, 2016 at 9:07 pm #

I think you should add by state momentum on events. The “New York Values” comment by Cruz obviously gives a negative momentum in the northeast states. However he gets a boost in rural and southern states,

28. Tanner October 9, 2016 at 11:37 pm #

I’ve been thinking a lot over the last week about the campaigns I’ve followed closely and I wondered if there might be room to add an attribute to candidates along the lines of Discipline (or message discipline, or inversely spontaneousness or instinct) that would measure how scripted a candidate is.

Candidates ranking high in discipline are less likely to have gaffes or speech backfires, but the ability to create positive momentum by rally or barnstorming is reduced. So their campaigns are more stable.

Candidates ranking low in discipline and go off the cuff more often are more likely to surprise the crowd or connect personally, meaning the possibility for more effective rallies, barnstorming, and speeches, but the increased likelihood of gaffes / backfires. These candidates would likely have campaigns that rise and fall.

I think it has the potential to add to the 2016 election (general and primary) quite a bit, but it could also describe some other past presidential figures we’ve seen like Biden that were more impulsive.

29. Ryan October 10, 2016 at 2:49 pm #

No other speed issues.

30. Dallas October 11, 2016 at 4:23 pm #

One thing I am noticing on Windows 10 version (2.4.3), I have endorsers in my custom scenario, to give (2) momentum in the scenario editor. However, in the game, it shows them giving 4. Not sure if this is a bug.

31. anthony_270admin October 11, 2016 at 5:35 pm #

If the issue profile is 2, then 4 is as designed. Momentum bonuses are multiplied by the issue’s profile.

32. anthony_270admin October 11, 2016 at 5:59 pm #

@Jonathan re Trump’s Integrity -> 1,

You mean because of the tape released last Friday?

I don’t think this merits an Integrity change at this point – I was actually surprised when the NYT did its expose on Trump and his past relationships awhile back and found very little. As far as I can tell, this is what Trump has characterized it as (‘locker room braggadocio’) – and I wouldn’t be surprised if more of it turns up. If serious evidence turns up of more than that, though, then yes, I’ll consider it.

On this topic, though, perhaps almost every major candidate should have their Integrity knocked down 1 (Kasich and J. Bush renege on their pledges, continuing leaks about Clinton and her campaign’s conduct (such as Podesta Budowski saying she ‘lies often’), Cruz’s Republican convention antics, even Sanders becoming a top Clinton surrogate and seeming to betray his principles and supporters).

33. anthony_270admin October 11, 2016 at 6:48 pm #

Did the speed issue just start with 2.4.3? If so, do you know what version you were playing before?

34. Ryan October 11, 2016 at 9:59 pm #

Version before was 2.3.5. Went back to it,and it works fine.

35. victorraiders October 11, 2016 at 10:02 pm #

add more levels very hard and very easy example the easy is really not easy

36. anthony_270admin October 11, 2016 at 10:51 pm #

Our core development tools no longer officially support Windows Vista, which might be the cause of this.

37. Sean October 12, 2016 at 12:29 pm #

I think you should add by state momentum on events. The “New York Values” comment by Cruz obviously gives a negative momentum in the northeast states. However he gets a boost in rural and sosouthern states.

38. anthony_270admin October 12, 2016 at 1:09 pm #

Yes, this is a good idea.

39. anthony_270admin October 12, 2016 at 1:25 pm #

Message discipline is a good idea. It would partially be included under Experience (more experienced means less likely to commit a gaffe). However, there are politicians with lots of experience who tend to commit gaffes (such as Biden). We’ll see.

40. Chad October 12, 2016 at 2:06 pm #

A new Utah poll came out with Evan McMullin within the MoE with Clinton and Trump, will he be added as a candidate?

41. anthony_270admin October 12, 2016 at 4:22 pm #

Do you have a link to the Utah poll?

42. Chris October 12, 2016 at 5:49 pm #

Trump 26 Clinton 26 McMullin 22 Johnson 16
    Can we get mcMullin added in a future release?

43. Chris October 12, 2016 at 5:50 pm #

actually Johnson 14

44. anthony_270admin October 12, 2016 at 6:03 pm #

If McMullin’s numbers hold in another poll after this, then I will seriously consider it.

45. jesse October 12, 2016 at 7:24 pm #

I was about to mention McMullin. He had been at between 9 and 12% before this newest poll. It looks like he is probably going to make a difference in Utah. It looks like he could be the first non-major party candidate to win a state since Wallace or he could end up giving Utah to Clinton.

46. Chris October 12, 2016 at 8:20 pm #

It would be something. Be really crazy if McMullin won Utah and Johnson won New Mexico. Neither will get anywhere close to Perots national support but if one or both won a state it would be a significant historical achievement especially if it produced a deadlock in the electoral college.

47. Chad October 15, 2016 at 3:53 pm #

IRL, candidates left on the ballot after dropping out still receive votes on election day, would this feature be added sometime in the future for the game?

Another question, will early voting be a feature in the future as well?

48. anthony_270admin October 15, 2016 at 4:50 pm #

1. This might actually be doable when favorability is implemented. We’ll see – it’s not a top priority, though.

2. Early voting has become increasingly important, so I’d like to see it happen in a future release. Again, though, it’s not a top priority.

49. jesse October 16, 2016 at 8:48 pm #

I could see a potential corrupt bargain if 1 or 2 states are won by a non-major party.

50. Chris October 16, 2016 at 9:53 pm #

538 has an article on this but keep in mind that it is a very very very low chance of happening even if McMullin or Johnson wins a state. http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-evan-mcmullin-could-win-utah-and-the-presidency/

51. Matt October 17, 2016 at 11:13 am #

New Rasmussen poll out has McMullin in 2nd in Utah – only 1 point behind Trump:

Would love to have McMullin added to the game!

52. Jonathan October 17, 2016 at 4:45 pm #

I agree with Matt. McMullin has been in a few polls now.

53. Matt October 19, 2016 at 4:08 pm #

First poll with McMullin leading Utah:

54. Jonathan October 21, 2016 at 4:12 pm #

Any chance you’ll add new events in the next update ?

55. anthony_270admin October 22, 2016 at 4:23 pm #

@Jonathan re new events,

Events are based on issues, and those are about to change, which is why I’ve been holding off on updating events. Might make sense though, we’ll see.

56. Jonathan October 23, 2016 at 12:42 pm #

Is there a way you could add a button “set all to On Ballot” in the editor? I’m making a scenario with every presidential nominee in US history (major parties, and some 3rd party nominees). When changing the candidate ID for half of them, I would get an error. It changed the ID name, but then it erased all of the regional percentages, and took them off all of the ballots. I’m now going through the very tedious action of clicking each one back on the ballot, state-by-state, candidate-by-candidate. I still have about 25 more candidates to go, Before I waste another couple hours of my time, I’m wondering if such a button can be made, and if so, when could it be released?

57. Daons October 24, 2016 at 10:04 am #

Is it possible that we can have a tickbox so we can choose how the primary results are displayed. If a large number of states declare on a single day for multiple parties it becomes a click-fest to go through them all.

As we already have the dropdown menu maybe we can have an option so it only brings the party result screen up once per party and we can scroll through states/regional results ourselves.

58. anthony_270admin October 25, 2016 at 3:30 pm #