President Infinity – Version Ericson – 2.4.8

President Infinity v. Ericson – 2.4.8 for Windows and Mac has been released!

If you are a President Infinity owner, you are eligible for this upgrade.

What’s new in this upgrade

• fixed bug in primaries causing game to crash
  • fixed bug where getting EPs each time do interview
  • 2016 > added Evan McMullin
  • 2016 > Events > July 22nd, 2016 > WikiLeaks – DNC worked against Sanders!
  • 2016 > Events > July 24th, 2016 > DNC Chair Resigns!
  • 2016 > Events > Oct. 25th, 2016 > ObamaCare Rates Up Average of 25%
  • 2016 > Events > Oct. 28th, 2016 > FBI reopens Clinton investigation!
  • 2016 > Events > Nov. 6th, 2016 > FBI says no change in conclusion on Clinton!
  • 2016 > Green Party > not on ballot in North Carolina, Utah
  • Main Screen > change in funds now uses abbreviations if $1,000,000 or more
  • Editor > Regions > Incumbent Party -> Congressional Delegation
This is a comprehensive update.You can download this release by requesting a download e-mail at the link below.

27 Responses to President Infinity – Version Ericson – 2.4.8

1. Luki November 8, 2016 at 4:19 pm #

Thank you so much for McMullin! That’s perfect for this long election night.

2. Ben November 9, 2016 at 10:39 am #

Getting primary bug on Mac.

3. Willow November 9, 2016 at 12:07 pm #

Will you add state bonuses for the Midwestern states for Donald Trump?

4. Moderate Guy November 9, 2016 at 12:23 pm #

Yea I think trump should receive a bonus in th Midwestern states too. Maybe change vote turn out for election day. Almost every time I get about 166 million americans voting. I know you had no idea how to predict how many would vote but now we know 🙂

5. anthony_270admin November 9, 2016 at 1:25 pm #

@Ben re bug on Mac,

Where exactly, and do you get an error message?

6. anthony_270admin November 9, 2016 at 2:01 pm #

@Moderate Guy,

Voter turnout models will change with Favorability.

@Willow,

I don’t know what better data to use for general election starting %s than the polling data available at the time. It’s not clear how much those %s changed near the end of the election, as opposed to the %s being incorrect on Sep. 1st or what have you.

7. Chris November 9, 2016 at 2:54 pm #

From looking at the vote totals Trump is likely to get 2 million less votes than Romney, it appears to me anyway he won because democrats stayed home in the upper Midwest despite record turnout in Florida. Definitely looking forward to favorability so we can have turnout models.

8. Ben November 10, 2016 at 1:51 am #

@anthony “Access violation at 0019A2B8 accessing address FFFFFFFE

9. Daons November 10, 2016 at 12:09 pm #

Getting an access violation when trying to autosave on a new custom campaign, when turning off the feature it continues.

10. Steve November 10, 2016 at 7:59 pm #

on this update and the previous one, the two-letter names of the states don’t appear where they should on the map. most of them are located in the Atlantic Ocean, the labels for Illinois and Indiana appear on the border of North and South Carolina, MI for Michigan appear over Maryland, etc.

11. Daons November 10, 2016 at 9:49 pm #

@Daons

Access violation was due to me not removing percentage bonuses from candidates from deleted states

12. Tyler Gonigam November 12, 2016 at 9:15 pm #

Need to update the Midwestern states and iowa. Trump won big in iowa and Ohio. Also I emailed you guys because mine keeps crashing since the update.

13. Matt Z November 13, 2016 at 11:01 pm #

Can’t wait for the 2000 and 1992 elections to be added!

14. Falcon November 14, 2016 at 1:08 am #

15. Steve November 14, 2016 at 8:55 am #

same here Falcon, my candidate does not get requests for interviews in this update.

16. Will November 14, 2016 at 11:29 am #

Anthony,

As a few people have raised the problem with Midwestern state polling at the start of the game, perhaps the Democratic support in Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa, Ohio, Pennsylvania and perhaps Minnesota at a stretch, could be made more fluid so that the Republican candidate and Trump especially could pick up these voters if left undefended by the Democrats? That would make for the most realistic way of doing it, I think.

17. anthony_270admin November 14, 2016 at 1:14 pm #

“I never get any interview requests at all, is this just for me or does everyone have this problem?”

Are you saying the Interviews circle never has a number > 0?

18. anthony_270admin November 14, 2016 at 2:36 pm #

@Will,

I’ll be looking at this when Favorability and Voter Blocs are implemented – thanks for this.

19. anthony_270admin November 15, 2016 at 8:00 pm #

@Daons,

Thanks for this – noted.

20. Kent November 15, 2016 at 8:15 pm #

I suggest an “Access Hollywood tape” event negatively affecting Trump’s momentum.

Also, Elizabeth Warren’s charisma should be higher than 2. (Really, Warren has less charisma than Hillary and same charisma as John Kerry? Really?)

21. Thomas November 16, 2016 at 10:05 pm #

What about election night returns at end of game? Can we go back to the 2008 President Forever model of trickling in return votes? Election night goes too fast. In 2008 President Forever votes would still be coming in at 4am. Game ends around 2am.

22. Chad November 17, 2016 at 7:19 pm #

I second @Thomas’ comments.

23. anthony_270admin November 17, 2016 at 8:00 pm #

@Thomas,

We’ll see – thanks for this feedback.

24. Chad November 17, 2016 at 8:21 pm #

My comment also goes along with what @Thomas said, another feature that would be great would be to have states be too close to call on election night (maybe colored grey or white) and we have individual projections like in real life or in the 2008 PF+P games.

25. Jim November 18, 2016 at 10:55 pm #

Is there a way to see where your opponent has been advertising?

26. anthony_270admin November 20, 2016 at 4:49 pm #

@Jim,

I believe you can go Strategy Screen > select another player’s strategy.

27. anthony_270admin November 20, 2016 at 5:12 pm #

@Steve re coordinates not correct for abbreviations,

This is a problem some systems are having, I believe related to Windows 10 scaling.

I have had one report of someone fixing it by uninstalling their display driver (and then restarting). Another by changing their display settings (have Windows scale automatically, I believe).