Where we’re going from here.
- Add House 2020.
- Continue expanding Editor capabilities.
- Move to official status, v. 2.9.2 to ‘Classic’ status.
Congress Infinity Beta v. 3.3.2 for Windows and Mac has been released!
This release fixes a couple bugs, improves the Ads Screen, adds the Editor Issues Screen, adds Options > Auto Spin, adds Options > Help, adds Options > Fullscreen, updates Senate – 2020 Covid-19 issue position descriptions, improves the Strategy Screen, and more!
Note: if you have campaigns you have made from Congress Infinity, it is recommended that you back these up first. Although there should be no problems loading and playing them, this simply errs on the side of caution. If the campaign formatting is unknown, the campaign will be re-written to disk using the new formatting without backing up the original version. If a campaign XML file’s syntax has to be updated, it will backup automatically, however.
This version will not overwrite your existing official release install, so you can play the new Beta version while still playing your previously installed official release.
Version 3.3.2 adds
- Spin Screen > fixed bug where didn’t reset interviewers index (might solve bug where interviewers screen blank late in game)
- Barnstorming and Rallies > fixed bug where would say wrong momentum
- Ads Screen > added tooltips
- Ads Screen > added ‘All Ads’ button
- Ads Screen > can now select region from dropdown box, as well as search
- Editor > added Editor Issues Screen (fully functional)
- Options > added Auto Spin and Auto Spin – Surrogates
- Campaign designers > press ‘z’ on the Select Campaign Screen for a minimal start (2 parties, if primaries then 2 candidates at most for each of the first 2 parties)
- Options Screen > added Help button, goes to Congress Infinity Help File (will go to new Congress Infinity Manual in future update)
- can switch fullscreen -> resizable windowed by pressing Alt+Enter (Windows) or Command+F (Mac)
- Options Screen > added Fullscreen toggle
- Senate 2020 > issues > Covid-19 > updated image and issue positions to bring in line with United States – 2020 campaign
- Strategy Screen > can now select region from dropdown box, as well as search
- Strategy Screen > added tooltips
- Electoral Vote Info Screen > added tooltips
- Platform Screen > hover over issue position description, can see full description if doesn’t fit
Limited Editor. Save-load is considered an experimental feature right now (recommend only for Senate games).
Download (see below) and double click on the zip file once downloaded.
1. Right click on the extracted app and select New Terminal at Folder.
2. Copy and paste the following to the terminal line
then press enter.
3. Then copy and paste the following to the terminal line
chmod +x *
then press enter.
4. Then control-click on the app. Select ‘Open’ from the context menu (this is required the first time it is run). You may have to repeat this step.
Windows: download (see below) the zip file > right-click > Extract all > select location for extracted folder. Once it extracts, run the Congress Infinity file in the extracted folder.
Windows playing notes: Use Alt + Tab to switch back to your other apps when in the game. If it hangs, use Ctrl + Alt + Del > Task Manager > Processes > Apps > Infinity > right-click > End task.
This is a comprehensive update.
You can download this release by requesting a download at the link below. After entering your e-mail, click the link to the web page. The Beta will be listed under ‘Beta’.
To update: http://270soft.com/updates-redownloads/