Congress Infinity – v. Ericson – 2.0.2 for Windows and Mac has been released!
If you are a Congress Infinity owner, you are eligible for this release.
What’s new in this upgrade
- Large number of changes to the interface
- Bug fixes
- Surrogates can fundraise
- Election night updated
- Main Screen > Senate > if there is only one campaign in a state, will show candidate names instead of generic party names (ex. 2016 Nevada will have ‘Sandoval’ and ‘Cortez Masto’ instead of ‘Republican’ and ‘Democrat’)
- Main Screen > now displays days until election, when hover over shows election date
- 2016 > Senate > Florida-3 > Marco Rubio -> Ron DeSantis, Strength 4 -> 3, 53% -> 50%
- 2016 > Senate > Florida-3 > Debbie Wasserman Schultz -> Patrick Murphy, 47% -> 50%
- 2016 > Senate > Nevada-3 > Harry Reid -> Catherine Cortez Masto, Strength 4 -> 3
- 2016 > Senate > Maryland-3 > Barbara Mikulski -> Chris Van Hollen, 61% -> 60%
- 2016 > Senate > Maryland-3 > Rep > 37% -> 40%
- 2016 > Senate > California-3 > Barbara Boxer -> Kamala Harris, Strength 4 -> 3
- 2016 > Senate > Indiana-3 > Dan Coats -> Eric Holcomb, 56% -> 55%
- 2016 > Senate > Indiana-3 > Dem > 39% -> 40%
- 2016 > Senate > Ohio-3 > Dem > Bob Hagan -> Ted Strickland, Strength 2 -> 3, 45% -> 50%
- 2016 > Senate > Ohio-3 > Rob Portman > 55% -> 50%
- Main Screen > Surrogates > Barnstorming > “Boosting Wickers” -> “Boosting Brian Sandoval (REP),” for example
- Research Screen > fixed bug where could only leak first scandal if multiple ones hadn’t leaked yet
- Main Screen, Player Info Screen > removed Energy icon (not used currently)
- News Stories > “Campaign Too Negative?” story now is about issue player is actually attacking on in that player’s theme
- House 2016 > fixed election date
- Senate 2016 and 2014, House 2016 and 2014 > set %s for committed, leaning, and undecided Rep and Dem to same
You can download this release by requesting a download e-mail at the link below.
What’s coming up in future updates, listed in terms of priority
- Campaign Editor expanded
- Help File expanded
- Historical campaigns to 1990
All feedback welcome!
Important: when you receive the e-mail, you will want to download the file from the “win congress infinity” or “mac congress infinity” link.
If for some reason there is no “win congress infinity” or “mac congress infinity” link in your e-mail and you are a Congress Infinity owner, please notify us and we will fix that for you.
4 thoughts on “Congress Infinity – Version Ericson – 2.0.2”
Other candidates that could be added: For the Dems, Baron Hill (IN), Jason Kander (MO), Rob Hogg (IA). For the Reps, John Fleming (LA) (Vitter looks likely to become Governor).
Thanks for this feedback! Candidates noted.
I really like this update, and currently enjoying playing the game. When can we expect the option to directly fund House/Senate seats to be implemented? That is in part killing the experience; one of my favorite features of Congress 2010 was the ability to send funds directly. This created momentum for said seat. Or is this feature going to be expanded to make fundraising more important? Also, I still like the idea of a primaries features.
Thanks for this – yes, directly funding House or Senate campaigns is on the list. No ETA on it yet, though. It’s going to be implemented a little differently from Congress Forever 2012. The way it is currently envisionsed, the $s will act as magnifiers of the existing Org. Strength (so the higher the existing Org. Strength, the more of an effect the $s have), and you will be able to channel funds to independents as well (such as Reid’s DSCC and Orman in Kansas).