Prime Minister Infinity – U.K. – v. 2.7.8 for Windows and Mac has been released!
This update includes
- a new Surrogates screen (including Surrogate images if supported by a campaign)
- enhances the Editor including more easily positioning abbreviations, fixes several bugs, allowing for setting individual seat issue centres and profiles, and more
- adds search to the Research Screen
- fixes a bug where computer players wouldn’t select opponents properly
- allows for up to 100 highscores
- and more
If you are a Prime Minister Infinity – U.K. owner, you are eligible for this upgrade.
This is a comprehensive update.
You can download this release by requesting a download e-mail at the link below.
What’s new in this upgrade
- Player Info Screen > Platform > fixed bug where % profile increase labels shown beyond number of issues
- can view up to 100 highscores
- Winner Screen > can see highscore next to rank
- Research Screen > can select region by search
- Strategy Screen > names of regions not on ballot are gray
- save > fixed bug with save files that were too big
- save > now only 1 save file associated with a save game, as opposed to 1 plus 1 for each candidate in the game
- fixed bug if canceled load game where program would freeze
- fixed bug > if used too many CPs and playing 7 days per turn, would subtract from leader’s EPs each day instead of once per turn
- Strategy Screen > fixed bug where ordering by Platform Distance listed with some results out of order
- Ads, Research, Endorsers, Theme, Notes, Player Info Screen > can press Esc to close screen
- Main Screen > Activities > can press Esc to return to Main Screen
- Spin Screen > can press Esc to return to Main Screen, including can Esc out of Interviews popup
- Electoral Vote (Constituency) Screen > can press Esc to return to Strategy Screen or Main Screen
- fixed bug > computer player wouldn’t focus on opponents
- Main Map > if region selected on Main Map and click Research button, will automatically set region for Research Screen
- Constituency Screen > if click Research button, will automatically set region for Research Screen
- Sim > recognizes coalitions
- Editor > Regions > Ballot > Set All > if universal political unit selected, description says will change for all regions
- Surrogates > can add images, similar to candidates
- Surrogates > Main Screen > name under portrait > if name too long, shows just last name
- Main Screen > Activities > fixed bug where could continue using surrogate after used all Surrogate Points
- new Create Surrogate Screen
- Editor > can set issue centers for individual seats
- Editor > Regions > Issues > Profiles > ‘Set All’ button visible regardless of region
- Editor > Regions > Issues > can set issue profiles for individual seats
- fixed bug in function to determine where loss of support would go to after platform change
- Editor > Regions > fixed bug if tried to delete secondary region with just one tertiary region
- Editor > Regions > Map > can right click to set abbreviation coordinates
- Editor > Regions > if edit id, checks if unique, if not, adds unique identifier (ex. “_2”)
- Editor > Regions > Map > fixed tab ordering
- Editor > Regions > if change region abbreviation and then go to map, abbreviation updated
- Editor > Leaders > if edit id, check if unique, if not, adds unique identifier (ex. “_2”)
- Editor > Regions > Map > can show all abbreviations
- Editor > Issues > if edit id, checks if unique, if not, adds unique identifier (ex. “_2”)
- Select Leader Screen > if only 1 leader, Change Leader button disabled
- Editor > can set credits, button appears on Select Campaign Screen if set
- Editor > Basics > More > can set Elected Leader Position (ex. “Prime Minister”), Institution (ex. “Parliament”), Appointed by (ex. “Governor General”)
11 thoughts on “Prime Minister Infinity – U.K. – Version 2.7.8”
Still no PR electoral system? 🙁
This is because the United Kingdom elects Parliament on the first past the post electoral system (and as someone who campaigned for AV in 2011 and was rejected by 2-1 I cannot see any other electoral system being adopted anytime soon)
No AV option for Australia 2016?
Looks good, but one feature I think would be a good addition is an exit poll
Australian system is coming after Favorability, since it requires preference ranking.
Exit poll feedback noted.
Excellent work with the latest update, Loving the new editing features, especially the map abbreviations.
Thanks for this feedback!
Could you make FPTP better at handling multi-member constituencies? It’s hard to make a London local election campaign, because I can’t add three candidates from the same party, etc.
That’s a major new feature, but it might happen in the future.
Is there any way you could make the ai negotiate more in the event of a hung parliament its great being able to negotiate to form a government but it feels like i am the only one making the offers as i don’t receive an offer or see parties making offers/demands to other parties. This would make this great game event better!!!
Thanks for this feedback – being able to see the offers made between computer players is a good idea – we’ll see.