President Infinity Beta v. 1.1.0 for Windows and Mac has been released!
This release adds the ability to play user designed campaigns, and fixes a few bugs.
Note: this version has a bug with primaries. An update is coming soon. In the meantime, only try games that start in the general election.
Note: the Mac version has a bug that will only allow the 2020 campaign to run. Update for this also coming soon.
Note: if you have campaigns you have made, it is recommended that you back these up first. Although there should be no problems loading and playing them, this simply errs on the side of caution. If the campaign formatting is unknown, the campaign will be re-written to disk using the new formatting without backing up the original version. If a campaign XML file’s syntax has to be updated, it will backup automatically, however.
Note: a Beta release is a pre-official release, for people wishing to test the product. It is not complete. See notes below. This version will not overwrite your existing official release install, so you can test the Beta release while still playing your previously installed official release.
Version Beta 1.1.0 adds
- user-designed campaigns now allowed (if downloading new user-designed campaign, will have to manually move into user_scenarios folder for now)
- if XML file in unknown format, converts to UTF-8 from assumed ISO-8859-1 and rewrites file
- if problem with XML file, prompts to update
- backs up campaign folder if updates
- fixed bug causing United States – 2012 to not load
- fixed bug resolving endorser ties that would cause game to crash
- fixed bug where Previous and Next Week buttons were visible in 1 day per turn mode
I am not looking for feedback on the game unless it relates to core game functionality (basic things you can’t do in the game, crashing, bugs, things that obviously don’t look right).
No save-load. No Editor. It may crash or have other bugs.
Download (see below) and double click on the zip file once downloaded.
1. Right click on the extracted app and select New Terminal at Folder.
2. Copy and paste the following to the terminal line
then press enter.
3. Then copy and paste the following to the terminal line
chmod +x *
then press enter.
4. Then control-click on the app. Select ‘Open’ from the context menu (this is required the first time it is run).
Windows: download (see below) the zip file > right-click > Extract all > select location for extracted folder. Once it extracts, run the President Infinity file in the extracted folder.
Windows playing notes: Use Alt + Tab to switch back to your other apps when in the game. If it hangs, use Ctrl + Alt + Del > Task Manager > Processes > Apps > Infinity > right-click > End task.
This is a comprehensive update.
You can download this release by requesting a download at the link below. After entering your e-mail, click the link to the web page. The Alpha will be listed under ‘sneak-peek’.
To update: https://270soft.com/updates-redownloads/
Version information: https://270soft.com/updates-redownloads/president-infinity-version-information/