President Infinity Beta v. 3.2.1 for Windows and Mac has been released!
This release shows the results of the convention, fixes the primaries ‘lock’ icon being drawn off the map, fixes a bug affecting various things that relied on first or last day of turn, 2020 > updates Republican convention location and Democratic convention dates, and more.
Note: if you have campaigns you have made, it is recommended that you back these up first. Although there should be no problems loading and playing them, this simply errs on the side of caution. If the campaign formatting is unknown, the campaign will be re-written to disk using the new formatting without backing up the original version. If a campaign XML file’s syntax has to be updated, it will backup automatically, however.
Note: a Beta release is a pre-official release, for people wishing to test the product. It is not complete. See notes below. This version will not overwrite your existing official release install, so you can test the Beta release while still playing your previously installed official release.
Version Beta 3.2.1 adds
- Beta version number changed back to shorter version number (ex., 220.127.116.11.1.2 previous version, new one is simply 3.2.1)
- now shown message at start of screen if secure nomination in primaries
- now shows results of convention
- primaries > lock icon > fixed displaying off edge of map
- primaries > lock icon > colour white -> grey
- 2020 > Republican convention > Charlotte, NC -> Jacksonville, FL
- 2020 > Democratic convention > July 13-16 -> August 17-20
- fixed bug affecting various things that relied on first or last day of turn
I am not looking for feedback on the game unless it relates to core game functionality (basic things you can’t do in the game, crashing, bugs, things that obviously don’t look right).
No save-load. No Editor. It may crash or have other bugs.
Download (see below) and double click on the zip file once downloaded.
1. Right click on the extracted app and select New Terminal at Folder.
2. Copy and paste the following to the terminal line
then press enter.
3. Then copy and paste the following to the terminal line
chmod +x *
then press enter.
4. Then control-click on the app. Select ‘Open’ from the context menu (this is required the first time it is run).
Windows: download (see below) the zip file > right-click > Extract all > select location for extracted folder. Once it extracts, run the President Infinity file in the extracted folder.
Windows playing notes: Use Alt + Tab to switch back to your other apps when in the game. If it hangs, use Ctrl + Alt + Del > Task Manager > Processes > Apps > Infinity > right-click > End task.
This is a comprehensive update.
You can download this release by requesting a download at the link below. After entering your e-mail, click the link to the web page. The Beta will be listed under ‘Beta’.
To update: http://270soft.com/updates-redownloads/
Version information: https://270soft.com/updates-redownloads/president-infinity-version-information/