President Infinity Beta v. 3.2.4 for Windows and Mac has been released!
This release significantly decreases turn processing time for primaries (~40% decrease), Map > displays days to primaries, Primaries > allows for selecting a Veep nominee, Primaries > allows for launching an exploratory committee, Primaries > allows for declaring candidacy, Main Screen > fixes a bug where completed primaries bars were not proper length, and more.
Note: if you have campaigns you have made, it is recommended that you back these up first. Although there should be no problems loading and playing them, this simply errs on the side of caution. If the campaign formatting is unknown, the campaign will be re-written to disk using the new formatting without backing up the original version. If a campaign XML file’s syntax has to be updated, it will backup automatically, however.
Note: a Beta release is a pre-official release, for people wishing to test the product. It is not complete. See notes below. This version will not overwrite your existing official release install, so you can test the Beta release while still playing your previously installed official release.
Version Beta 3.2.4 adds
- significantly decreased turn processing time in primaries for large games (official 2020, default start, first 7 days on test machine ~78s -> ~48s, so ~40% decrease in turn processing time)
- Players Screen > after secure nomination, can now select Vice-Presidential nominee
- Players Screen > can launch exploratory committee
- Players Screen > can declare candidacy
- Players Screen > can view Vice-Leader regional bonuses
- Main Screen > Primaries > Completed > fixed bug where bars about half width should be
- Map > displays days to primary for next 5 primaries
- Option Screen > Primaries > added ‘Show Days Until Primaries’ option
I am not looking for feedback on the game unless it relates to core game functionality (basic things you can’t do in the game, crashing, bugs, things that obviously don’t look right).
No Editor. It may crash or have other bugs. Save-load is considered an experimental feature right now (only recommended for games starting in the general election, outside of testing purposes – it is very slow for typical games starting in the primaries, with save times in the minutes for a typical 2020 primaries start, and loads multiples of that).
Download (see below) and double click on the zip file once downloaded.
1. Right click on the extracted app and select New Terminal at Folder.
2. Copy and paste the following to the terminal line
then press enter.
3. Then copy and paste the following to the terminal line
chmod +x *
then press enter.
4. Then control-click on the app. Select ‘Open’ from the context menu (this is required the first time it is run).
Windows: download (see below) the zip file > right-click > Extract all > select location for extracted folder. Once it extracts, run the President Infinity file in the extracted folder.
Windows playing notes: Use Alt + Tab to switch back to your other apps when in the game. If it hangs, use Ctrl + Alt + Del > Task Manager > Processes > Apps > Infinity > right-click > End task.
This is a comprehensive update.
You can download this release by requesting a download at the link below. After entering your e-mail, click the link to the web page. The Beta will be listed under ‘Beta’.
To update: http://270soft.com/updates-redownloads/
Version information: https://270soft.com/updates-redownloads/president-infinity-version-information/