President Infinity Beta v. 3.2.5 for Windows and Mac has been released!
This release fixes several bugs (in particular fixing a bug so can move your candidate), allows for deleting non-official campaigns, and introduces tooltips.
Note: if you have campaigns you have made, it is recommended that you back these up first. Although there should be no problems loading and playing them, this simply errs on the side of caution. If the campaign formatting is unknown, the campaign will be re-written to disk using the new formatting without backing up the original version. If a campaign XML file’s syntax has to be updated, it will backup automatically, however.
Note: a Beta release is a pre-official release, for people wishing to test the product. It is not complete. See notes below. This version will not overwrite your existing official release install, so you can test the Beta release while still playing your previously installed official release.
Version Beta 3.2.5 adds
- Change Campaign Screen > can Delete (non-official) campaigns
- Change Campaign Screen > fixed bug where importing over an existing campaign wouldn’t work properly
- now works with multiple human players
- Activities > fixed bug with clicking Move Button
- Select Campaign Screen > added tooltips for icons
- Main Screen > Actions > added tooltips
- Main Screen > Activities > added tooltips (in particular, added tooltip for Move Button to explain how to move)
- Main Screen > top right icons > added tooltips
- Select Leader Screen > personal attribute icons > added tooltips
- Select Leader Screen > campaign attribute icons > added tooltips
- Main Screen > fixed bug if clicked Platform Button first, then clicked Info button
No Editor. It may crash or have other bugs. Save-load is considered an experimental feature right now (only recommended for games starting in the general election, outside of testing purposes – it is very slow for typical games starting in the primaries, with save times in the minutes for a typical 2020 primaries start, and loads multiples of that).
Download (see below) and double click on the zip file once downloaded.
1. Right click on the extracted app and select New Terminal at Folder.
2. Copy and paste the following to the terminal line
then press enter.
3. Then copy and paste the following to the terminal line
chmod +x *
then press enter.
4. Then control-click on the app. Select ‘Open’ from the context menu (this is required the first time it is run).
Windows: download (see below) the zip file > right-click > Extract all > select location for extracted folder. Once it extracts, run the President Infinity file in the extracted folder.
Windows playing notes: Use Alt + Tab to switch back to your other apps when in the game. If it hangs, use Ctrl + Alt + Del > Task Manager > Processes > Apps > Infinity > right-click > End task.
This is a comprehensive update.
You can download this release by requesting a download at the link below. After entering your e-mail, click the link to the web page. The Beta will be listed under ‘Beta’.
To update: http://270soft.com/updates-redownloads/
Version information: https://270soft.com/updates-redownloads/president-infinity-version-information/