Note: Where we’re going from here.
- Move to official status, 3.1.1j (latest official) to ‘Classic’ status (see first comment below post).
- Continue expanding Editor capabilities.
- Continue updating official 2020 campaign.
President Infinity Beta v. 3.2.8 for Windows and Mac has been released!
This release fixes a couple bugs, makes save files smaller (increases about 40% less per turn in primaries), updates 2020 (debate dates, adds Jo Jorgensen), expands the Editor to include basic Leader editing, and more!
Note: if you have campaigns you have made, it is recommended that you back these up first. Although there should be no problems loading and playing them, this simply errs on the side of caution. If the campaign formatting is unknown, the campaign will be re-written to disk using the new formatting without backing up the original version. If a campaign XML file’s syntax has to be updated, it will backup automatically, however.
Note: a Beta release is a pre-official release, for people wishing to test the product. It is not complete. See notes below. This version will not overwrite your existing official release install, so you can test the Beta release while still playing your previously installed official release.
Version Beta 3.2.8 adds
- fixed bug starting in primaries with a human player whose party has no primaries (ex., ‘Observer’)
- 2020 > updated Presidential and VP debate dates
- Main Screen > fixed bug with setting to Instant Runoff or Instant Runoff 2C mode
- save-load > save files smaller, increase about 40% less per turn
- Select Campaign Screen > changed default Voter Detail 1,000 -> 500
- Select Campaign Screen > added tooltip to Voter Detail
- Editor > enabled Leaders Button > can edit leader names, sex, blurbs, home region, create new, delete, edit id
- 2020 > Libertarians > added Jo Jorgensen (will add Spike Cohen with next update)
- Activities > 7 days per turn > if click different day, if activities pop up open, automatically closes pop up
Limited Editor. It may crash or have other bugs. Save-load is considered an experimental feature right now (slow for typical games starting in the primaries, with save times in the minutes for a typical 2020 primaries start, and loads multiples of that).
Download (see below) and double click on the zip file once downloaded.
1. Right click on the extracted app and select New Terminal at Folder.
2. Copy and paste the following to the terminal line
then press enter.
3. Then copy and paste the following to the terminal line
chmod +x *
then press enter.
4. Then control-click on the app. Select ‘Open’ from the context menu (this is required the first time it is run).
Windows: download (see below) the zip file > right-click > Extract all > select location for extracted folder. Once it extracts, run the President Infinity file in the extracted folder.
Windows playing notes: Use Alt + Tab to switch back to your other apps when in the game. If it hangs, use Ctrl + Alt + Del > Task Manager > Processes > Apps > Infinity > right-click > End task.
This is a comprehensive update.
You can download this release by requesting a download at the link below. After entering your e-mail, click the link to the web page. The Beta will be listed under ‘Beta’.
To update: http://270soft.com/updates-redownloads/
Version information: https://270soft.com/updates-redownloads/president-infinity-version-information/Categorie