Note: 3.1.1j is now ‘President Infinity Classic’. 3.3.1 is the latest official.
Where we’re going from here.
- Continue expanding Editor capabilities.
- Continue updating official 2020 campaign.
- Continue adding new features.
President Infinity v. 3.3.1 for Windows and Mac has been released!
This release fixes 3 bugs, adds Covid-19 as an issue for 2020, removes the Oct. 15th debate, adds dropdown boxes and search to the Ads Screen, adds auto spin to the Options Screen, adds the Editor Issue Screen (fully functional), and more!
Note: if you have campaigns you have made from President Infinity Classic, it is recommended that you back these up first. Although there should be no problems loading and playing them, this simply errs on the side of caution. If the campaign formatting is unknown, the campaign will be re-written to disk using the new formatting without backing up the original version. If a campaign XML file’s syntax has to be updated, it will backup automatically, however.
See notes below. This version will not overwrite your existing Classic (3.1.1j) release install (if applicable), so you can play the new official version while still playing your previously installed Classic version.
Version 3.3.1 adds
- Primaries > fixed bug where would crash if ex. Schultz, or only Biden ‘on’ for Democratic primaries, is human player
- Spin Screen > fixed bug where didn’t reset interviewers index (might solve bug where interviewers screen blank late in game)
- Barnstorming and Rallies > fixed bug where would say wrong momentum
- Ads Screen > added tooltips
- Ads Screen > added ‘All Ads’ button
- Ads Screen > can now select region from dropdown box, as well as search
- Editor > added Editor Issues Screen (fully functional)
- Options > added Auto Spin and Auto Spin – Surrogates
- 2020 > added Covid-19 as issue
- profile > Low primaries start, Very High general election start
- party positions > Republicans > Center-Right, Democrats > Center-Left, Libertarians > Right, Green > Left, Schultz > Center-Left
- leader positions > generally same as party positions
- regional centres > largely follow Role of Government issue centres
- events > added 3 events, each raises issue profile by 1 (Feb. 27th, March 16th, April 11th)
- 2020 > removed Oct. 15th debate (will add back in when add Accept or Decline Debate feature)
- Campaign designers > press ‘z’ on the Select Campaign Screen for a minimal start (2 parties, if primaries then 2 candidates at most for each of the first 2 parties)
- Options Screen > added Help button, goes to President Infinity Manual web page (currently includes link to ‘Game guides, tutorials, and tips forum’ and ‘President Infinity Classic Help File’)
Limited Editor. Save-load is considered an experimental feature right now (slow for typical games starting in the primaries, with save times in the minutes for a typical 2020 primaries start, and loads multiples of that).
Download (see below) and double click on the zip file once downloaded.
1. Right click on the extracted app and select New Terminal at Folder.
2. Copy and paste the following to the terminal line
then press enter.
3. Then copy and paste the following to the terminal line
chmod +x *
then press enter.
4. Then control-click on the app. Select ‘Open’ from the context menu (this is required the first time it is run). You may have to repeat this step, opening it twice this way.
Windows: download (see below) the zip file > right-click > Extract all > select location for extracted folder. Once it extracts, run the President Infinity file in the extracted folder.
Windows playing notes: Use Alt + Tab to switch back to your other apps when in the game. If it hangs, use Ctrl + Alt + Del > Task Manager > Processes > Apps > Infinity > right-click > End task.
This is a comprehensive update.
You can download this release by requesting a download at the link below. After entering your e-mail, click the link to the web page. The Beta will be listed under ‘Beta’.
To update: https://270soft.com/updates-redownloads/
Version information: https://270soft.com/updates-redownloads/president-infinity-version-information/