Note: 3.1.1j is now ‘President Infinity Classic’. 3.3.6 is the latest official.
Where we’re going from here.
- Continue expanding Editor capabilities.
- Continue updating official 2020 campaign.
- Continue adding new features.
President Infinity v. 3.3.6 for Windows and Mac has been released!
This release updates 2020 general election %s, adds Spin Screen > tooltips, adds Editor > Regions with limited functionality (including a new Spreadsheets button), fixes a bug affecting Kanye West and Howard Schultz (if starting in primaries), and more!
Note: if you have campaigns you have made from President Infinity Classic, it is recommended that you back these up first. Although there should be no problems loading and playing them, this simply errs on the side of caution. If the campaign formatting is unknown, the campaign will be re-written to disk using the new formatting without backing up the original version. If a campaign XML file’s syntax has to be updated, it will backup automatically, however.
This shows how %s start in 2020 for the general election now.
See notes below. This version will not overwrite your existing Classic (3.1.1j) release install (if applicable), so you can play the new official version while still playing your previously installed Classic version.
Version 3.3.6 adds
- Spin Screen > added tooltips
- Editor > Regions > Name, Abbreviation, Population, Eligible Voters, change image, New, Delete, Edit Id added
- Editor > Regions > added Visitable Locales
- Surrogates > button to view barnstorming bonuses now works
- Editor > Regions > added Spreadsheets button
- Editor > Regions > Spreadsheets > added General Election Percentages Import and Export buttons
- 2020 > general election %s > uses regional %s instead of polling %s
- 2020 > general election %s > set to election results
- Editor > Colors > fixed bug where checkmark would be left on when come back to screen
- fixed bug affecting Kanye West, Howard Schultz, and similar candidates if starting in primaries, where game wouldn’t realize they were nominee of their party
- Ads Screen > fixed bug where if create new ad, then don’t click Create Now Button, ad can’t be viewed
Limited Editor. Save-load is considered an experimental feature right now (slow for typical games starting in the primaries, with save times in the minutes for a typical 2020 primaries start, and loads multiples of that).
Download (see below) and double click on the zip file once downloaded.
1. Right click on the extracted app and select New Terminal at Folder.
2. Copy and paste the following to the terminal line
then press enter.
3. Then copy and paste the following to the terminal line
chmod +x *
then press enter.
4. Then control-click on the app. Select ‘Open’ from the context menu (this is required the first time it is run). You may have to repeat this step, opening it twice this way.
Windows: download (see below) the zip file > right-click > Extract all > select location for extracted folder. Once it extracts, run the President Infinity file in the extracted folder.
Windows playing notes: Use Alt + Tab to switch back to your other apps when in the game. If it hangs, use Ctrl + Alt + Del > Task Manager > Processes > Apps > Infinity > right-click > End task.
This is a comprehensive update.
You can download this release by requesting a download at the link below. After entering your e-mail, click the link to the web page.
To update: https://270soft.com/updates-redownloads/
Version information: https://270soft.com/updates-redownloads/president-infinity-version-information/