Where we’re going from here.
- Replace polling system (adds new game play, solves save-load issues)
- Continue expanding Editor capabilities
- Add graphs
President Infinity 2021 v. 1.0 for Windows and Mac has been released!
This release replaces Favorability with a percentages-based voter movement system, which makes turn processing faster and save-load faster. It also adds a new Start Screen graphic, and fixes several bugs (including the leader and vice-leader % bonuses bug).
You can now ‘add a game‘ for President Infinity 2021! (Note that if you’re already on subscription and a President Infinity owner, you are covered for President Infinity 2021 until your subscription expires.)
Note: if you have campaigns you have made from President Infinity Classic, it is recommended that you back these up first. Although there should be no problems loading and playing them, this simply errs on the side of caution. If the campaign formatting is unknown, the campaign will be re-written to disk using the new formatting without backing up the original version. If a campaign XML file’s syntax has to be updated, it will backup automatically, however.
See notes below. This version will not overwrite your existing Classic (3.1.1j) release install (if applicable), so you can play the new official version while still playing your previously installed Classic version.
Version 2021.1.0 adds
- Version numbering changed to year-based
- new Start Screen graphic
- 2020 > Endorsers > Mike Lee -> Senior Senator from Utah, Mitt Romney -> Junior Senator from Utah
- Ads Screen > Create Ad > default ad is now same as in PI Classic (for 2020, default is Television Ad)
- Green Party > default leader > Howie Hawkins
- Libertarian Party > VPs > added Spike Cohen, set as default
- Green Party > VPs > added Angela Walker, set as default
- removed Favorability, replaced with Voting Blocs-based percentage system
- turn processing significantly faster
- save-load significantly faster
- Offers Screen > fixed bug where changing party selected didn’t update leader making offer to
- Main Screen > fixed bug where first click on region in map would cause Electoral Vote Info Screen to open
- Leader and Vice-Leader bonuses fixed
Limited Editor. Save-load is considered an experimental feature right now, and might not work if you’ve already played a large number of days after a primaries start.
Download (see below) and double click on the zip file once downloaded.
1. Right click on the extracted app and select New Terminal at Folder.
2. Copy and paste the following to the terminal line
then press enter.
3. Then copy and paste the following to the terminal line
chmod +x *
then press enter.
4. Then control-click on the app. Select ‘Open’ from the context menu (this is required the first time it is run). You may have to repeat this step, opening it twice this way.
Windows: download (see below) and run the installer.
Windows playing notes: Use Alt + Tab to switch back to your other apps when in the game. If it hangs, use Ctrl + Alt + Del > Task Manager > Processes > Apps > Infinity > right-click > End task.
This is a comprehensive update.
You can download this release by requesting a download at the link below. After entering your e-mail, click the link to the web page.
To update: https://270soft.com/updates-redownloads/
Version information: https://270soft.com/updates-redownloads/president-infinity-version-information/