News is that Jon Huntsman Jr. is resigning his Ambassadorship to explore a Presidential bid. Because of this, I have moved him from possible (ON) to (ON) on the Republican list.
This article by Politico’s Andy Barr on Sarah Palin’s PAC’s latest financial report with the FEC contains this interesting line:
“The filing shows no indication that Palin has started to ramp up for a potential presidential run, as no new staff shows up on SarahPAC’s expenses — which remain very low compared to a campaign of even moderate size.”
This supports the theory that Palin does not have presidential ambitions this election cycle. Because of this, I have adjusted the percentage in her ranking (right-side of page) a few percentage points downwards.
Note: these numbers are not the latest. The latest numbers are now in the latest internal version of President Forever 2012. Thanks everyone for your feedback!
Candidates list to start:
- Rep. Michele Bachmann Le=4, In=3, Ex=2, IF=2, Ch=4, St=4, D=3, Total=22
- Gov. Haley Barbour Le=4, In=2, Ex=4, IF=4, Ch=3, St=3, D=3, Total=23
- Gov. Chris Christie Le=5, In=3, Ex=3, IF=4, Ch=4, St=4, D=4, Total=27
- Sec. Hillary Clinton Le=3, In=3, Ex=3, IF=4, Ch=2, St=3, D=3, Total=21
- Gov. Mitch Daniels Le=5, In=4, Ex=4, IF=4, Ch=3, St=3, D=4, Total=27
- Sen. Russ Feingold Le=3, In=4, Ex=3, IF=4, Ch=2, St=3, D=3, Total=22
- Rep. Newt Gingrich Le=4, In=3, Ex=3, IF=5, Ch=2, St=3, D=4, Total=24
- Gov. Mike Huckabee Le=4, In=3, Ex=3, IF=3, Ch=4, St=3, D=4 Total=24
- Gov. Jon Huntsman Le=4, In=3, Ex=4, IF=4, Ch=4, St=4, D=3 Total=26
- Gov. Bobby Jindal Le=4, In=4, Ex=3, IF=4, Ch=3, St=3, D=4, Total=25
- Gov. Gary Johnson Le=4, In=3, Ex=3, IF=4, Ch=2, St=3, D=3, Total=22
- President Barack Obama Le=4, In=3, Ex=4, IF=4, Ch=5, St=3, D=4 Total=27
- Gov. Sarah Palin L=4, In=3, Ex=2, IF=2, Ch=4, St=4, D=2 Total=21
- Rep. Ron Paul Le=2, In=5, Ex=2, IF=4, Ch=2, St=2, D=3, Total=20
- Gov. Tim Pawlenty L=4, In=4, Exp=4, IF=3, Ch=3, St=4, D=3 Total=25
- Gen. David Petraeus Le=4, In=3, Ex=3, IF=2, Ch=3, St=4, D=3, Total=22
- Gov. Mitt Romney Le=4, In=3, Ex=4, IF=4, Ch=4, St=5, D=4 Total=28
- Sen. Rick Santorum Le=3, In=3, Ex=3, IF=3, Ch=3, St=3, D=3, Total=21
- Sen. John Thune Le=3, In=3, Ex=3, IF=3, Ch=4, St=3, D=3, Total=22
- Mr. Donald Trump Le=4, In=3, Ex=3, IF=2, Ch=4, St=3, D=3, Total=22
(Note: in President Forever 2012, candidates have campaign attributes as well. This thread is just for personal attributes.)
This thread is an opportunity for people to give feedback on 2012 candidate personal attributes, as they see it.
The attributes currently are:
Leadership – leadership abilities and skills, often reflected by executive experience.
Integrity – personal and campaign integrity.
Experience – political (or relevant) experience.
Issue Familiarity – versatility and depth in understanding relevant issues.
The scale is 1-5. An average national-level candidate would have 3’s. A 4 would mean ‘exceptional’. A 5 would mean ‘very exceptional’.
You can see here for the most recent list of candidates who might be included in the 2012 game. I’ll start the candidate list off small, and occasionally expand it to more candidates.
We’re starting a new feature – the Republican Standings.
You can see them on the right-hand side of the main blog page, under Republican Standings, here.
This is a ranking of (possible) Republican candidates. The percentages indicate the chance that we think that candidate has of becoming the Republican nominee.
The ordinals and percentages are determined by a secret, 270soft formula.
If you think there is important information we’re not considering, which will change the rankings or percentages, feedback is welcome!
New Hampshire GOP just had their first straw poll of the year, and the winner is …
1. Gov. Mitt Romney 35%
2. Rep. Ron Paul 11%
3. Gov. Tim Pawlenty 8%
4. Gov. Sarah Palin 7%
5. Rep. Michele Bachmann 5%
5. Sen. Jim DeMint 5%
7. Herman Cain 4%
8. Gov. Chris Christie 3%
8. Sen. Rick Santorum 3%
8. Gov. Mitch Daniels 3%
8. Rep. Newt Gingrich 3%
8. Gov. Mike Huckabee 3%
8. Rep. Mike Pence 3%
14. Mayor Rudy Giuliani 2%
14. Gov. Judd Gregg 2%
14. Gov. Gary Johnson 2%
17. Donald Trump 1%
18. Gov. Haley Barbour 1%
19. Amb. John Huntsman 0%
20. John Thune 0%
2% were ‘other’.
Note: sample is 273 registered members of the state Republican committee.
Here’s the list of Republican and Democratic candidates for the initial President Forever 2012 Beta release.
(Note: we don’t have an estimated release date at this point.)
Important note: these aren’t who we think will officially start a campaign, but rather who we will include in the game as possible candidates from which a player can choose.
The ‘on’ or ‘off’ beside each candidate indicates whether they would by default start in a game.
If there are any you think should be here that aren’t, let us know in the comments.
- Rep. Michele Bachmann (ON)
- Gov. Haley Barbour (OFF)
- Mr. Herman Cain (ON)
- Gov. Chris Christie (OFF)
- Gov. Mitch Daniels (OFF)
- Speaker Newt Gingrich (ON)
- Gov. Mike Huckabee (OFF)
- Gov. Jon Huntsman, Jr. (ON)
- Gov. Bobby Jindal (OFF)
- Gov. Gary Johnson (ON)
- Gov. Sarah Palin (OFF)
- Gov. Tim Pawlenty (ON)
- Rep. Ron Paul (ON)
- Gov. Rick Perry (OFF)
- Gen. David Petraeus (OFF)
- Gov. Mitt Romney (ON)
- Sen. Rick Santorum (ON)
- Mr. Donald Trump (OFF)
- Amb. John Bolton (ON)
- Gov. Jeb Bush (OFF)
- Sen. Jim DeMint (OFF)
- Mayor Rudy Giuliani (ON)
- Sen. Judd Gregg (OFF)
- Judge Roy Moore (ON)
- Gov. George Pataki (OFF)
- Rep. Mike Pence (OFF)
- Gov. Buddy Roemer (ON)
- Sen. Marco Rubio (OFF)
- Rep. Paul Ryan (OFF)
- Sen. Olympia Snowe (OFF)
- Sen. John Thune (OFF)
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte
- Sen. John Cornyn
- Gov. John Kasich
- Gov. Susana Martinez
- Sec. of State Condoleezza Rice
- Gov. Rick Scott
- Sec. Hillary Clinton (OFF)
- Sen. Russ Feingold (OFF)
- Pres. Barack Obama (ON)
- Sen. Evan Bayh (OFF)
- Gov. Howard Dean (OFF)
- Sen. Mike Gravel (ON)
- Sen. Bernie Sanders (OFF)
- Gov. Mark Warner (OFF)
- VP Joseph Biden
- Sen. Joe Manchin
- Mayor Michael Bloomberg (OFF)
- Lou Dobbs (OFF)
- Ralph Nader (OFF)
Note: a person listed as a Presidential possibility will also probably be a Veep possibility – so if they’re listed under the President category, they aren’t listed again under the Veep category.
Welcome to the new 270soft web-site.